Looking for some people to create a supernatural urban RP sim.

WereBeast Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there I am looking for people who would be interested in making a supernatural urban RP sim. It would be Adult rated and on a full sim not mainland with a story and kind of like the structure of moonlight falls in sims 3 supernatural game pack.  If anyone is interested please contact me in world xxVi3perxx (Blaze Rodriguez) 

video example: 

• 2 weeks later...

Updating this...

I'm looking for people who want to form a supernatural urban city with adult content (No children will be allowed) The following will be added in...

- Community businesses (Fire, EMS, Shops, Hospital ETC) 

- Old small-town area (A supernatural creature friendly area with supernatural's are free to roam without any issues).

- Amsterdam area - For the adult content this will be provided in.

- Lore friendly (We allow all supernatural's to enter but any RPG huds like Bloodlines, Progeny etc. will not be allowed).

This will be provided in the near future as I am looking for people who would want to build this and make it last long as a RP city. If anyone is open to doing this, please let me know on second life. 

13 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

This sounds like a cool idea and I have a lot of items that would fit. I hesitate to get involved though since all your RP sims or ideas seem to last oh...about 2 weeks to a month and then you give up. I'd be hard pressed to invest in it.

Because i would give up when people wouldn't invest time into making the RP succesful or people were not interested. I'm not backing down from this RP it's currently a work in progress if you decide to join in you can. 

1 hour ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Because i would give up when people wouldn't invest time into making the RP succesful or people were not interested. I'm not backing down from this RP it's currently a work in progress if you decide to join in you can. 

You have to invest in the project yourself initially. Figure out what you want to do and cultivate it...one thing.  If people back out, find other people instead of tearing it down and starting from scratch.  Even if you do have people continue to recruit in case other people failed to come through.  It can take months before a new sim really gets off the ground and creates interest. If you aren't prepared to invest to keep it open through the growing phase then it will fail.  Start small and only create what you can afford yourself until you find reliable people.  Heck, I had a whole urban RP town built on a 4096 parcel.  Granted there were things that I was unable to put in but I had housing, a fire department, hospital, detective agency, a slum area, laundromat, a motel, gas station, a school and a jewelry shop. I even had a church and graveyard and a food truck. It was on a tiny scale but it would have worked if people really wanted to RP. The thing is that people don't want to do that anymore in SL. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i do put my investment in but i can't spend much due to my budget. i have tried finding people and as i said before people don't really want to do the project or back out. Just as an example back in May joined a project, the leader backed out and caused a who lot of drama to where the place never functioned turns out he used us to just get a full sim to himself so how i can trust others if people back out so much? I'm honestly disappointed with the RP system SL has anymore. I rather use a full sim than some small plot of land but that's just me. 

FYI it's not me backing out it's other people doing it. 

a couple years ago i built an urban RP never opened because the person up and decided after we were close to furnishing to not pay for her sim and it never took off. So yeah i cannot fully fund it myself until people want to commit to an RP to make fully functional. 

Edited by xxVi3perxx

2 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

disappointed with the RP system SL has

SL has no RP.system.  SL has people.  People who can and want to RP.can do so anywhere.  There are.beautiful place created.that aren't necessarily specifically FOR RP where you can get together with your friends and build your own story.  Heck, the majority of full regions I visit to take.pictures are empty.  

Once you have a dedicated group of friends who enjoy a.specific RP story/genre, THEN think about building your own place.  It seems to me people go about it backwards thinking...If I build it, they will come.  Just doesn't work out that way in SL.  

As @Sam1 Bellisseriansaid, start small, see how it goes but never go bigger than YOU can afford.

It also seems to me in regards to RP places in SL...everyone wants to be King of their own castle instead of just enjoying the RP.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Yeah i don't have many friends anymore a lot of them left SL. 

Then that's what you need to work on first.  Building friendships with people who enjoy RP.  As you've already found out, the forums aren't really full of people interested in it.  There's certainly a small group that does but you'd have better luck inworld at various RP regions.

2 hours ago, xxVi3perxx said:

i do put my investment in but i can't spend much due to my budget. i have tried finding people and as i said before people don't really want to do the project or back out. Just as an example back in May joined a project, the leader backed out and caused a who lot of drama to where the place never functioned turns out he used us to just get a full sim to himself so how i can trust others if people back out so much? I'm honestly disappointed with the RP system SL has anymore. I rather use a full sim than some small plot of land but that's just me. 

FYI it's not me backing out it's other people doing it. 

a couple years ago i built an urban RP never opened because the person up and decided after we were close to furnishing to not pay for her sim and it never took off. So yeah i cannot fully fund it myself until people want to commit to an RP to make fully functional.

That's an excuse. I can't afford a full sim so I'd rather just not do it. There are many ways to utilize a smaller plot of land. Use skyboxes you teleport to. Get a 1/4 sim and put up 3 other platforms with surrounding walls. That's the equivalent of a full sim right there. Maybe not as many prims but there are loads of low prims things out there to build with.  What you build is only decoration to the RP anyway. Hell, you could set out 3 cardboard boxes you sit on and RP a great story.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

That's an excuse. I can't afford a full sim so I'd rather just not do it. There are many ways to utilize a smaller plot of land. Use skyboxes you teleport to. Get a 1/4 sim and put up 3 other platforms with surrounding walls. That's the equivalent of a full sim right there. Maybe not as many prims but there are loads of low prims things out there to build with.  What you build is only decoration to the RP anyway. Hell, you could set out 3 cardboard boxes you sit on and RP a great story.  

Yeah, not my thing I rather have a full sim that is my thought on it. I don't like using skyboxes i like to take photos and stuff anyways this is for recruitment nothing more for the RP. 

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Then that's what you need to work on first.  Building friendships with people who enjoy RP.  As you've already found out, the forums aren't really full of people interested in it.  There's certainly a small group that does but you'd have better luck inworld at various RP regions.

I'm using the forums since people do check them everyday at least i have seen people post anyways topic back to recruitment nothing more. 

The problem is IMO and not about this idea specifically is that like SO MANY things in SL there are more than needed and not enough populous to take part.  We only have so many hours in the day. Some folks less than others.  If you are a builder or have deep pockets you can build "your dream world for YOURSELF and if others like it an want to take part that works too. But we are spreading ourselves thinly these days. Not much you can do about that.   I wish you luck ! Honestly. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.