How to find out what kind of skin I have.

RoyBlakeley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If the shirt you want to buy has a demo, get it.  Then you can try the shirt on to see how it looks on the body shape you have.  If you didn't buy a mesh body from the brand Aesthetic, the shirt will probably be too big.  Demos are usually free.

You'll save yourself a lot of money if you always try a demo of anything you want to buy before spending on the real thing. 

The skin you are wearing is different from the shirt.  Look on the buttons at the bottom of your viewer for one called Outfits.  Hopefully there is a tab in that window to show what you are currently wearing.  Everything you are wearing from clothes to shape, hair, and skin will be listed there.

Oh, and welcome to SecondLife.  There are some good tutorials out there on YouTube to help with customizing your avatar.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aesthetic is a (rather old) mesh body with a very muscular shape. If the shirt is mentioning "skin" that suggests its an applier shirt. This is not a solid mesh object but a texture which applies to the mesh body, as though it is painted on. If you try this product without owning the Aesthetic body, nothing will happen. You will never see it.

If I am wrong and it really means a mesh shirt made to fit the Aesthetic body, without owning the body, you will see it but it will look like a massive tent over you, with the chest and shoulders much too big.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

if you dont have an aesthetic body when you are supposed to have one just use your body hud and hide the parts where the shirt is and you wont have any problem with it. there is a button for that to hide or show mesh parts on the body and make it visible or invisible if the shirt doesnt fit you because you have problems since its not an aesthetic body just decide wheter to show or hide those parts from your body hud. if you hide them the body wont show and it will look good.

17 hours ago, victoravatar said:

if you dont have an aesthetic body when you are supposed to have one just use your body hud and hide the parts where the shirt is and you wont have any problem with it. there is a button for that to hide or show mesh parts on the body and make it visible or invisible if the shirt doesnt fit you because you have problems since its not an aesthetic body just decide wheter to show or hide those parts from your body hud. if you hide them the body wont show and it will look good.

This is terrible advice, frankly. Don't buy clothes not rigged for your specific mesh body.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 9:05 PM, RoyBlakeley said:

Hi,

I was looking for shirts for one of my alts, and found a cool looking one that said “Aesthetic Skins Only.” How do I find out whether or not I have an aesthetic skin? And what would happen if I don’t, but tried to wear the shirt anyway?

Thanks!

If there is a demo of the shirt, grab it and try it on. You will know immediately if it works or not.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.