Designing Attachments and Clothing.

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to design and create addons for my mesh bodies. Yes, i know how to create in 3D modelling. I.E Signature Gianni, and maitreya Laura.. In order to get the .obj file, or whatever format they have it in, one must have a store. Which is fine, and makes sense. But how can anyone create anything other than Tattoos, Skins, and Nails to use on those bodies to put in the store for them to consider the application? 

15 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I want to design and create addons for my mesh bodies. Yes, i know how to create in 3D modelling. I.E Signature Gianni, and maitreya Laura.. In order to get the .obj file, or whatever format they have it in, one must have a store. Which is fine, and makes sense. But how can anyone create anything other than Tattoos, Skins, and Nails to use on those bodies to put in the store for them to consider the application? 

You could pick up the Utilizator dev kits for free, create something for Kemono. Tonic mesh body dev kits are available without an application for a small fee. Maybe some of the child mesh bodies have freely available dev kits too. Once you have some stuff in your store that is mesh, it should be easier to get the dev kits for other bodies. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

You could pick up the Utilizator dev kits for free, create something for Kemono. Tonic mesh body dev kits are available without an application for a small fee. Maybe some of the child mesh bodies have freely available dev kits too. Once you have some stuff in your store that is mesh, it should be easier to get the dev kits for other bodies. 

Thanks Steph!!! I've made a number of things in 3DSMAX over the years for projects outside of SL, and now I needed to create a tipjar and ...wait for it...a pillow..For SL. Usually it's when my wife and I need something for our SL lives, but now I'm intrigued by the thought of creating more.  

Edited by Bagnu

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

There is this tutorials page, for rigging, something about a ginko leaf.  Im pretty sure they have reverse engineered dev-kits in there, for educational purposes, if you are trying to learn how to work with specific bodies.

On 9/3/2022 at 2:28 PM, Bagnu said:

I believe your best bet is to get a freely available one like The Meshbody kit (the OG TMP) that comes with a male and female model and create a few items for those. Once you have 5-10 different items on MP, you can start applying for kits.

Edited by Janet Voxel

Or... you could simply write to the CSR for the body you want to design for and explain all this and ask if you can have a dev kit. When I got my Slink Dev Kit I didn't have any mesh clothes in the MP.

I did know Siddean from blogging about Slink and working with her on problems in the AvaStar and Slink Dev. So, I might have had an in. Still ask for the kit you want. May save time and effort. Taking the time to explain, referencing your region, hiding your dark side.... (teasing), should give them a sense of who you are and your interest in SL.

I think most of them are more worried about theft than whether you are going to make stuff and flood the market or just create for your personal use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.