What is this error?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, if you haven't figured it out by tomorrow, I'd suggest contacting Billing.

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 5pm EST(6am to 2pm PST), Monday through Friday.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131008-billing-support

3 hours ago, Mother Mystic said:

I have 4k in my SL account and yet I get this:

Is that L$4,000 or $4,000 ?  If it's L$4,000, you can't do a credit transfer until you have sold the L$ in the LindeX.  After the sale, L$4,000 amounts to about $8. $16

Edited by Rolig Loon
Dang, it's late. I'm sleepy
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Is that L$4,000 or $4,000 ?  If it's L$4,000, you can't do a credit transfer until you have sold the L$ in the LindeX.  After the sale, L$4,000 amounts to about $8. 

$L 4000/ 250 L/ $ = $16, but subtracting the fees LL takes out, likely more like $ 15.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
miscalculated

51 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Is that L$4,000 or $4,000 ?  If it's L$4,000, you can't do a credit transfer until you have sold the L$ in the LindeX.  After the sale, L$4,000 amounts to about $8. 

can you please explain this to me? i have not sold on lindex before and i don't wish to sell, i just have L4000 that i wish to put back in my paypal as a test.

Edited by Mother Mystic

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

...less the fees LL takes out, so less than $ 8.

it should still be more as i know the minimum amount is L2500, i have L4000, is that not enough? asking seriously, someone else managed to do it today, same time as me. like i just wanna cash out, not sell

Edited by Mother Mystic

4 minutes ago, Mother Mystic said:

it should still be more as i know the minimum amount is 2500, i have 4000, is that not enough? asking seriously, someone else managed to do it today, same time as me

You need to have your PayPal account listed on your SL account, but it should work.  I was able to take out money, but it takes a few days to transfer to PayPal and costs a small fee. There are 2 steps. First transferring lindens to your SL account as RL currency. Then transferring that money to PayPal. Each of those transactions costs a small fee.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

You can't cash out (process credit) unless you first sell your linden dollars (that's what turns them into USD, which is what you need for doing a process credit).  There are fees involved with both steps of the process, so I would suggest not doing it unless you have reason other than just wanting to test the process.

You might want to take a look at the Account Balance knowledge base article which covers what is required and has some links to related articles:

• Like 3

well i need to take my money out, i started working at a club and there's no point of me working there if i can't get paid. if i sell, is that going to be a one time thing? or do i need to sell every time, which doesn't sound right because nobody in the club sells, they just hit cash out, but for me it's greyed out

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You need to have your PayPal account listed on your SL account, but it should work.  I was able to take out money, but it takes a few days to transfer to PayPal and costs a small fee. There are 2 steps. First transferring lindens to your SL account as RL currency. Then transferring that money to PayPal. Each of those transactions costs a small fee.

yeah, this. i did those steps and got the good to go via ticket too. and yet, it says not enough funds lol

Edited by Mother Mystic

1 minute ago, MoiraKathleen said:

You would need to sell your linden $'s every time you want to do a process credit to send your USD balance to your paypal account.   

If your USD balance is $0.00 (because you haven't sold any linden $'s) then it's true that there is not enough funds. 

okay but the other person here literally said it works with just paypal. i am so confused + the other people i know don't sell

Are you sure the others aren't selling their linden $'s first?  The only way one can get a USD balance on their account is by selling linden $'s.  They may just do it automatically and didn't think about mentioning it when talking about the cashing out part.  

2 minutes ago, Mother Mystic said:

"If you do not wish to apply your Linden Dollar sales proceeds to your fees, you may withdraw this portion of your account credit through a real-world credit process. (See Process Credit)

This is referring to the proceeds from your Linden Dollar sales - so you need to sell your Linden Dollars first. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mother Mystic said:

i know selling lindens is illegal, why would i wanna risk asking around if anyone wants some lindens? like i just don't understand it, it doesn't make sense

You sell them through the Lindex on your account dashboard - that is the only legal way to sell them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.