How can I change my Login name?

MrsMykeeC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You can't change your log-in name - not in a straight forward way - you would have to create a new account. If you absolutely want to, you can delete the old one under Cnacel Account in the Dashboard.

You could however try to file a ticket and see if LL support can do it or is willing to do it.

MrsMykeeC wrote:

I want to change my Login name or delete it from view. Is there anyway to do this??

Please Help!!!

Hi MrsMykeeC.  There is no way you can change your login name.  You can add a display name however.  If you are very new, and do not have a lot of inventory, you may want to register another account, then pick the name you really want.  I hope this helps!

Peace!

I'll add to Ansariel's very good comment by pointing out that using a Display Name is similar to having a nickname in RL.  It's a nice, friendly way to use a name that makes you feel comfortable among friends, but it's not your legal name.  You can't log in with your Display Name, you can't access your L$ account or buy things with it, you can't put it on objects that list you as the Owner or Creator, and you can't own land under it.  For all those things and more, you still need to use your username, and you'll have to get used to the fact that many people who don't know you well will still call you by that username.  Just like in RL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.