Ideas for a full sim? Need ideas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, Got a sim now for 3 weeks and have around 7 weeks on it still, only one problem I can't think of waht to put there. I've been racking my brain trying differant scenarios and stuff but just cant find the right one.

A few scenarios I tried so far is a Race Track (Currently waht I have not finished though), I also tried a German Embassy which would house differant German SL groups, Alpine theme which also goes with the race track, A RP city, And a Mall.

The mall was probably the most built and close to being done but after reasearching and looking around SL, malls are hurting epsecially if they don't have some kind of name on top of that alot of top companies arn't looking for space atm so a Mall would be a waste.

The City was nice there was actually two ideas I had and were eloborating on one being a German based country/land called Neuland which was a country that broke off from Germany due to political issues and was under a military state. The second was more of a suburban town with alot of houses and quiant shops. Last was a concept (never actually built) but a 1950's city.

Although I dont have a direct idea Im looking for something that can change over time and can bring revenue in to atleast help somewhat with the tier. The sim could be modern to futuristic but would have to appeal to multiple cultures and stuff. Such as a military base with a city or something like that or a race track with a hotel.

Anyway I know this wasn't the most clear I could have been and thats because Im half alseep typing this. Just please suggest some sim themes and stuff, Ill consider whatever. Thanks.

PS Sorry about the mispellings and jumbled sentences just wanna write this up quickly.

(1) Sex sells. Go for a naked sexy beach theme. Along the route from the tp landing point to the beach, place some avatar appearance items for sale interspersed between a few shop spaces for rent. You should have some pretty high traffic relative to what you would get with a race track or embassy.

(2) Try a sandbox with some rental shops around the landing point. People need a place to build and the sandbox will draw them in. 

Have you played Crazy Taxi before?

Why not create something like that ? Make it a Car Racing RP type of sim. You create competitions where Taxi drivers gets to pick up customers and drop them to specific destinations. In between, they get crossing nuns, drunken old men, chickens, cats, etc as road block. If the taxi driver managed to drop the customers at a destination with minimal roadkills, the driver will get some points and the highest will receive the price donated for that day..

If you want Adult elements in it, just build a backalley for make out session, drive through car wash, abandoned garage or just get Randall to RP running around naked on the street like a mad man. You only need one naked mad man....

How about:

(1) a Wizard of Oz sim? The copyright has already expired for the novel;

(2) a gym with aerobic classes in which people have to pay a membership to attend classes. Randomly during each class, people are required to report their pulse by voice to discourage them from going AFK; or

(3) a language learning center with lessons being offered by voice;

always go with what you know and love....

every book you've read, ever movie or tv show that you've ever watched, every game you've played, every place you've ever seen in RL, or imagined has potential.... if you've seen or imagined it it and thought "damn I wish I was there" "that's would be so awesome if just this that  or the other were changed" then you already know where to start...

using something you love yourself means you'll never run out of ideas for improving it, and your passion for it will show through in the details, and will draw other people that love it too.

• Like 1

Dear Niko, owning a sim can be quite a hassle and expensive.

If i were you i'd pick between 'residential' or 'commercial'. Residential would stand for purely living, and commercial would be for placing stores, selling land etc.

Do you wish to pay it fully out of own pocket, or have residents contribute?

Anyway you decide you should make it something you desire most. Have you never flewn over an area and had that feeling wanting such soo bad too? You should realise it.

Have a nice tour around SecondLife's hotspots and see if it brings any inspiration!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Who says you have to do anything with it?  I own a sim and have for several years.  I currently have my work shop there, my home, and several themed RP areas at different heights. I change the whole thing periodically because I can.  You don't have to do anything you don't want to do with it.  Just relax, tour around SL, and something will come to you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.