land owned by Governor Linden

tenaciousHope

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

I thought that all Abandoned land was owned by Governor Linden and that land can usually be purchased, either directly or eventually via Auction.

Abandoned land will say 'Abandoned' in its parcel name.  If is is Abandoned, you can request purchase of the land and as long as it isn't something special LL will sell it to you for L$ per sqm.  See this article:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought that all Abandoned land was owned by Governor Linden and that land can usually be purchased, either directly or eventually via Auction.

Yeah, but the OP is not asking about abandoned land.  It's set to the Maintenance group, which means that it is protected land, normally set aside for roads, park land, or other reserved use by LL.  You can always try your hand at seeing whether they will make protected land available for purchase.  I have absolutely no idea how likely they are to agree, but the only way to find out is to submit a support case.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, but the OP is not asking about abandoned land.  It's set to the Maintenance group, which means that it is protected land, normally set aside for roads, park land, or other reserved use by LL.  You can always try your hand at seeing whether they will make protected land available for purchase.  I have absolutely no idea how likely they are to agree, but the only way to find out is to submit a support case.

Ahhh, I read the OP a bit too quickly and missed that "maintenance" part.

I've seen "Maintenance" land get sold. Whenever I see that, it makes me wonder if there really IS a FIC (i.e., people with an "in" with the Lab).

Generally though, Maintenance land is that way to allow free passage of people and vehicles. If the land the OP has their eye on is of that sort, it's very unlikely LL would sell it to a resident. If it's not, then it would certainly be worth submitting a Support ticket and asking.

• Like 2

Hmm. Maybe it's specific to where I looked, but every Abandoned parcel I see is set to the Maintenance group. Most have descriptions that helpfully say they're abandoned and give a link to learn more about abandoned land.

Similarly, Protected land is usually marked "Protected" and "Not for sale" in About Land. They, too, are typically in the Maintenance group, but some are instead set to Linden Department of Public Works.

I'm guessing the OP can claim these "tiny pieces of land" with a support ticket, perhaps a few days patience, and L$1 per square meter.

(FWIW, I was once offered a bit of Protected land to match the area of some of my land that got used for the corner of a rail junction in Tussock, so it's at least possible for Protected land to transfer to a private resident—although in my particular case I declined the offer. It's also possible for Abandoned land to become Protected; this happened in the southeast -west corner of Arches, making more Land Impact available for passing vehicles, etc.)

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Hmm. Maybe it's specific to where I looked, but every Abandoned parcel I see is set to the Maintenance group.

I just checked where my mainland home is - almost all of the area around me is abandoned.  Same thing here -- they are all owned by Governor Linden and the group is Maintenance.

There is nothing special about this area that I am in -- no roads, no railroads, no water, nothing.  And I just bought a small slice of the abandoned stuff from LL earlier this week -- for the typical L$1 per sqm price.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.