Linden Home!

EmmaSutton1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am premium Member, but don't get a Linden home ! Why ? I payd this month 99 Us Dollar ! I wanted to go back from Premium to Basic, but it didn't work. they kept sending me messages saying that I had reset to Basic. yes I have, butI cancelled it and still don't get Linden Home. What did I pay 99 dollars for ? If Lindenlab doesn't change this, I won't use premium anymore, because I see it as a scam! I don't see any advantages that premium should have anyway. Live chat, don't make me laugh ! you don't get any help, only other users give you advice and that for so much money ! I am very disappointed in Lindenlab and hope they will look at my status again. I don't feel like arguing back and forth, just want a simple solution for the money i have invested here ! thank you !!!

• Haha 1

If the system is still trying to downgrade you to basic, it might not let you choose a home. I would try logging out of the site, closing the web browser, opening it again and logging back in, before contacting support. Sometimes these things just need a kick. But if it still thinks you're downgrading to basic, file a ticket for help here: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Even if you do decide to downgrade, don't do it until you're close to the expiry date. Precisely because you can't hold land (including a Linden Home) if you're downgrading.

Once that's resolved, you just go to the website and pick one following the instructions earlier in the thread. That was all that was needed from the start.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, EmmaSutton1 said:

am premium Member, but don't get a Linden home ! Why ? I payd this month 99 Us Dollar ! I wanted to go back from Premium to Basic,

Based on this, it seems you bought an annual membership and then tried to cancel it. I would be shocked if Linden Lab allowed this. No backsies. From the LL perspective, it makes no sense to go from Premium to Basic. Am sure you will get your Linden Home if you just click the right button, as others have directed. Good Luck and welcome to Second Life. Linden Homes are wonderful 🙂

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Even if you do decide to downgrade, don't do it until you're close to the expiry date. Precisely because you can't hold land (including a Linden Home) if you're downgrading.

Once that's resolved, you just go to the website and pick one following the instructions earlier in the thread. That was all that was needed from the start.

Another reason to never downgrade until you're close to the end of the time you purchased, is because every week (on Tuesday), LL gives each premium member $L300 (your stipend).  That stops as soon as you cancel.  Also, even if you cancel in the next week after you bought premium, LL does not refund the premium fee.  

At this point I would wait a couple days.  If you are still premium, good, for some reason the cancellation didn't go through, go ahead and choose your Linden Home.  If the cancellation appears to have happened, I would file a ticket as Polenth suggests, tell them you made a mistake and have them reverse your cancellation, and choose your Linden Home and buy some plants with your stipend :)

• Like 4

My experience is, that even if you request a downgrade from Premium, the stipend continues to be paid until the expiry of the period for which you paid Premium for. The Linden Home does need to be abandoned when requesting a downgrade.

If you want to cancel the downgrade, there is the magic button to cancel downgrade, as Marisa has pointed out.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, EmmaSutton1 said:

I am premium Member, but don't get a Linden home ! Why ? I payd this month 99 Us Dollar ! I wanted to go back from Premium to Basic, but it didn't work. they kept sending me messages saying that I had reset to Basic. yes I have, butI cancelled it and still don't get Linden Home. What did I pay 99 dollars for ? If Lindenlab doesn't change this, I won't use premium anymore, because I see it as a scam! I don't see any advantages that premium should have anyway. Live chat, don't make me laugh ! you don't get any help, only other users give you advice and that for so much money ! I am very disappointed in Lindenlab and hope they will look at my status again. I don't feel like arguing back and forth, just want a simple solution for the money i have invested here ! thank you !!!

Not to be rude here but LL doesn't need to change anything. You don't automatically get a home just because you purchase a premium or premium plus account. You have to go to the land page for said homes and choose a style. You can then roll 4 more times after your first try for a house in a 24 hour period.

So not only do you get a house, you get some choices in regards to location and landscape design etc done by the Moles. I think maybe before accusing anyone of scamming you, it's best to read through what you are signing up and paying for, beforehand. 

🐹

• Like 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.