Job

AsherSavage01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Rowan's right.  That's a good place to look.  You should know, though, that most jobs that you find that way pay very little.  If you want to earn more than the equivalent of tips, you can only do it one of four ways: (1) You can create things -- either to sell by yourself or on contract for someone else (2) And that's the second way -- as a merchant, or (3) You can perform -- as a musician or DJ, for example, or (4) you can deal in real estate.  The first two require some RL talent and experience, and the third and fourth ones require an initial commitment of money.  And all four require some knowledge of how SL works.  That shouldn't scare you, because many people have managed to do each of those things.   It's just that you won't find one of those "jobs" in the InWorld Employment forum.  If you want one of those jobs, you have to create it yourself.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Ooops. Can't count
  • Like 2

At the risk of being a Debbie Downer, I would add to Rolig's advice that in my opinion, it's no longer possible, or at least it is very hard, to make money in SL real estate. It's pretty clear that Linden Lab itself has decided to grab as much of the rental market as possible. The original Linden Homes, on small parcels and with small prim allowances, did not make much of an impact, because people in general wanted more land and prims. The larger 1024 Linden Homes proved sufficient for a great many people (including me, I might add) and the Linden Home regions have expanded dramatically.

Now with the possibility of 2048 Linden Homes looming, LL is really eating into the SL housing market, and it will greatly increase the pressure on both Mainland landlords and private estate owners.

If LL ever begins offering 4096 parcels, maybe with some "Premium Super Plus" plan, it will be all over for the SL land barons.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.