NVIDIA offended my cards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I rotate computers often which means I have 2 older computers i'm planning on giving away to family members who can use them.

• i7-3770 - 16GB - GTX780Ti (3GB)
  • i7-2700K -32GB - GTX1060 (6GB)

I'm currently in the process of making sure they are as clean and up to date as can be when i ran into a snag i didn't expect. I've downloaded NVIDIA GeForce Experience for both of them in order to get them the latest Graphics drivers, but when i try to do that, it tells me on both machines that NVIDIA GeForce Experience can not run because these systems are not supported (anymore). It offers me to check out a page called "EOL Windows driver support for legacy products" with a long list of older cards. https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3473/

First of all, ouch, #offended. Secondly, these 2 cards are not on that list so i'm a little confused. Has anyone run into this problem and know what to do?

Thanks.

Current specs, in case you wanna know: i9-9900KS - 128GB - RTX3090Ti

26 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Has anyone run into this problem and know what to do?

My 2 cents : No ( owning a RTX 3060 Ti myself), but the drop of support for your mentioned GPU's have been announced widely by NVidia and techsites. By the looks of it NVidia prefers to support only the last 2 iterations of cards ( RTX 20xx and RTX 30xx ) as Game Ready Drivers. I guess they are of the opinion it obsolves them from releasing newest drivers and working Geforce Experience for models before the RTX 20xx series, especially since older cards do not support raytracing by hardware ( or were never meant to work with it ).

Edited by Solo Alpha

4 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

You just need the latest driver. Not the whole Geforce Experience. I looked in Nvidia’s downloads website and there is 1060 driver released 6-15-22. 

That is exactly what I do on my older machines. 

The driver released on the 15th is causing some issues for some people in SL. There's a thread in the tech support section about it that was posted today, I think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.