I'm Getting Uncomfortable DM's

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am getting several DM's of people trying to attack me in a way and i honestly don't have the time for that nor the energy. I am now scared because i get DM's from different people on here. 

I do not want to argue with anyone or reply if you are going to be disturbing me like that.

I like positivity only and i surround myself around positive people. 

I feel harrassed in a way.

Everything that i post everyone thinks that it sucks. They read my post go through the comments of the post and then IM me talking about a certain thing about the post (and trust me it is not positive) . They pay attention to all of my posts and then IM me to tell me Um your post is this, your post is that..

It really feels uncomfortable. 

If you have something to say to me say it in the post section not in my DM's

I registered here because i like to read other people's posts and comment and give them a like and just give my opinion if i have one.

But this is getting way too uncomfortable for me.

Every word that i say some of you are against it.

I am honestly not trying to be mean to anyone on here and i am sorry if it seems that way.

I just want some peace and can you let me express myself freely?

Or now all of my posts will make no sense to you and all of my posts will get deleted?

As if i am saying something really really wrong.

I'm even scared to pick a title now because a lot of you say that my title's make no sense.

Even my title's get bullied.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your posts were deleted by mods because there was something in them that should not have been posted.

You are discussing something which is against the forum rules.

buse of Moderation or Moderators: Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

• Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
  • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision
  • Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)
  • Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature

• Thanks 3

After reading your post, and Silent's reply, is it possible the DM's you received were from Moderators? The Moderator users will have the last name "Linden" or "Mole".  

Here is why I asked if the users sending you "DM's" have the last name "Mole" or "Linden": usually, other Forum users don't "DM" each other.  

If other Forum users are sending you DM's (and they do NOT have the last name "Linden" or "Mole") and it makes you uncomfortable, you can "block" those users. You can also "report" the messages.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, victoravatar said:

I do not want to argue with anyone or reply if you are going to be disturbing me like that.

I agree completely, and I understand how you feel.  The smartest thing you can do is just ignore those people.  Don't read or reply to their messages.  They can't ruin your day unless you let them.  Take care of yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

After reading your post, and Silent's reply, is it possible the DM's you received were from Moderators? The Moderator users will have the last name "Linden" or "Mole".  

Here is why I asked if the users sending you "DM's" have the last name "Mole" or "Linden": usually, other Forum users don't "DM" each other.  

If other Forum users are sending you DM's (and they do NOT have the last name "Linden" or "Mole") and it makes you uncomfortable, you can "block" those users. You can also "report" the messages.

Perhaps you don't message forum users. But there are those of us that do.

However, I've never been harassed via messages and very few have been derogatory.

Often I will respond to technical asides via PM rather than clutter a thread with off topic. Other times I see a new one arguing with a known troll or attempting to fight an idea numerous SL residents consider a part of the PC gospel. I warn them about where they are going.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Perhaps you don't message forum users. But there are those of us that do.

However, I've never been harassed via messages and very few have been derogatory.

Often I will respond to technical asides via PM rather than clutter a thread with off topic. Other times I see a new one arguing with a known troll or attempting to fight an idea numerous SL residents consider a part of the PC gospel. I warn them about where they are going.

Most won't even take so-called 'disputes' to PMs even when they are invited. The few that do engage clearly have no real beef with you, but rather enjoy performing in the public arena instead - seeing how far they can push it before moderators have to step in. Seemingly their aim is to not understand another person but to antagonize them into getting angry enough to have their own posts go outside the rules. Very manipulative, and becoming more common - hopefully a discerning eye to this fact by moderators already exists.

49 minutes ago, victoravatar said:

I am getting several DM's of people trying to attack me in a way and i honestly don't have the time for that nor the energy. I am now scared because i get DM's from different people on here. 

I feel harrassed in a way.

Everything that i post everyone thinks that it sucks. They read my post go through the comments of the post and then IM me talking about a certain thing about the post (and trust me it is not positive) . They pay attention to all of my posts and then IM me to tell me Um your post is this, your post is that..

It really feels uncomfortable. 

If you have something to say to me say it in the post section not in my DM's

I registered here because i like to read other people's posts and comment and give them a like and just give my opinion if i have one.

But this is getting way too uncomfortable for me.

Every word that i say some of you are against it.

I am honestly not trying to be mean to anyone on here and i am sorry if it seems that way.

I just want some peace and can you let me express myself freely?

Or now all of my posts will make no sense to you and all of my posts will get deleted?

As if i am saying something really really wrong.

I'm even scared to pick a title now because a lot of you say that my title's make no sense.

Even my title's get bullied.

In some forum categories and especially General, it is the experience and observation that this behaviour is pretty common and there is nothing to be done but to ignore the people who post and reply like that. To stop posting how you like though, is not the answer either - as then those people win and silence you - so that they can always have center stage in their own eyes.

It's just the way it is around here.

It's much better to stick to the technical channels (which IMO SL should limit conversations to anyway to avoid drama and probably would amount to less moderation) where the topic is clear and defined.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No they were not moderators. A few other forum users DM'ed me. I know what i saw I know my DM's and i know they aren't from moderators if they were from moderators i would had not made this post.

I am not lying.

Here you are questioning me again. 

I told you they are from other forum users.

I know what i am saying.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Most won't even take so-called 'disputes' to PMs even when they are invited. The few that do engage clearly have no real beef with you, but rather enjoy performing in the public arena instead - seeing how far they can push it before moderators have to step in. Seemingly their aim is to not understand another person but to antagonize them into getting angry enough to have their own posts go outside the rules. Very manipulative, and becoming more common - hopefully a discerning eye to this fact by moderators already exists.

In some forum categories and especially General, it is the experience and observation that this behaviour is pretty common and there is nothing to be done but to ignore the people who post and reply like that. To stop posting how you like though, is not the answer either - as then those people win and silence you - so that they can always have center stage in their own eyes.

It's just the way it is around here.

It's much better to stick to the technical channels (which IMO SL should limit conversations to anyway to avoid drama and probably would amount to less moderation) where the topic is clear and defined.

That is exactly my point. What i was trying to say is I don't mind if they say that on my posts. I said on my post that It'd rather them say what they have to say to me in my post rather than get in my DM's and do it. And i didn't say that i was going to stop posting. I just politely asked them to stop doing that by creating this post. I just asked them to stop DM'ming me that's all. It'd rather them say what they have to say and comment it on my post which i don't mind at all. I didn't say that they can't comment on my post.

40 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I agree completely, and I understand how you feel.  The smartest thing you can do is just ignore those people.  Don't read or reply to their messages.  They can't ruin your day unless you let them.  Take care of yourself.

Thank you for understanding me! This post is full of positivity i love it, sending you hugs! :D

9 minutes ago, victoravatar said:

No they were not moderators. A few other forum users DM'ed me. I know what i saw I know my DM's and i know they aren't from moderators if they were from moderators i would had not made this post.

I am not lying.

Here you are questioning me again. 

I told you they are from other forum users.

I know what i am saying.

Love wasn't questioning you. He was offering you information you may not have had since you are relatively new here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, victoravatar said:

Thank you for understanding me! This post is full of positivity i love it, sending you hugs! :D

You're very welcome.  Now, let me offer one other piece of advice.  I recommend that you just back away and let this thread stop where it is.  You have made your point and have shared your frustration, so there's not much more you need to say.  If you continue to respond, it just might make matters worse, and you certainly won't feel less frustrated.  Just friendly advice.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, victoravatar said:

That is exactly my point. What i was trying to say is I don't mind if they say that on my posts. I said on my post that It'd rather them say what they have to say to me in my post rather than get in my DM's and do it. And i didn't say that i was going to stop posting. I just politely asked them to stop doing that by creating this post. I just asked them to stop DM'ming me that's all. It'd rather them say what they have to say and comment it on my post which i don't mind at all. I didn't say that they can't comment on my post.

You can block all private messages; you can block individual private messages. 

You can send them a message saying you don't want to talk about [it] in private and then block.

LL also has a rule that to take any personal disputes to private messages and keep them off the forum.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Your posts were deleted by mods because there was something in them that should not have been posted.

You are discussing something which is against the forum rules.

I don't mind when a mod deletes my post. I didn't say that i mind if a mod deletes my post. I don't mind that. Again don't put words in my mouth, thank you. I totally agree with them if they delete my post. What i do mind is those little attackers I get in my comments section. I just think that they need to chill a little bit and stop observing every move that i make and every post that i post so that the next thing they can do is tell me how wrong what im saying is and even that my title's make no sense. Not only one time but multiple times. I understand if people have opinions i respect that. Do it all you want in comments section (even though you really need to chill a bit) Do it a few times but don't do it several times because it gets tiring. But yes they can do it in comments on my post but what i don't want is them literally taking that to my DM's. They read my post and instead of commenting what they think on it they DM me their opinion of my post in my DM's which is taking it a bit too far. And those DM's i get are very disrespecting.

Just now, victoravatar said:

I don't mind when a mod deletes my post. I didn't say that i mind if a mod deletes my post. I don't mind that. Again don't put words in my mouth, thank you. I totally agree with them if they delete my post. What i do mind is those little attackers I get in my comments section. I just think that they need to chill a little bit and stop observing every move that i make and every post that i post so that the next thing they can do is tell me how wrong what im saying is and even that my title's make no sense. Not only one time but multiple times. I understand if people have opinions i respect that. Do it all you want in comments section (even though you really need to chill a bit) Do it a few times but don't do it several times because it gets tiring. But yes they can do it in comments on my post but what i don't want is them literally taking that to my DM's. They read my post and instead of commenting what they think on it they DM me their opinion of my post in my DM's which is taking it a bit too far. And those DM's i get are very disrespecting.

I didn't put words in your mouth. No one has. I'm starting to doubt your story now. You keep attacking the very people that are trying to help you. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Love wasn't questioning you. He was offering you information you may not have had since you are relatively new here.

He literally asked if those people that DM me are moderators. Of course I know they are not moderators! I can read properly! If they were moderators i would of known that. That's not even giving me information but that is asking me if i am sure if they are not moderators or not. And of course i am sure I have eyes i can see and i know what i saw. He literally is assuming that I don't know. The one's that DMm'ed me are other forum users like i said. He is making me repeat myself.

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I didn't put words in your mouth. No one has. I'm starting to doubt your story now. You keep attacking the very people that are trying to help you. 

You did. You doubted what I said and I am very sure of what i said. You don't need to ask me if those people that DM'med me are moderators. Because obviously they are not.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.