Window doesn't close in newbrooke

iSmokemids

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You aren't the only person to have experienced this "Newbrooke Windows" thing. Some people believe it's caused by a demon! 😜

But there seems to be a relatively simple fix, as described by the Moles which involves re-rezzing the house from the controller HUD.

However, the replacement house will be rezzed in it's original default condition. So copy any RGB colour tint or texture changes you've made from your current house before rezzing the replacement house in its place.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moles
3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

You aren't the only person to have experienced this "Newbrooke Windows" thing. Some people believe it's caused by a demon! 😜

But there seems to be a relatively simple fix, as described by the Moles which involves re-rezzing the house from the controller.

However, the replacement house will be rezzed in it's original default condition. So copy any RGB colour tint or texture changes you've made from your current house before rezzing the replacement house in its place.

Thanks.   That should fix it.   

Just to clarify, it's only custom RGB colours you've created and applied using the HUD that get lost when you rez a new house.   Textures and other settings should be persistent.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, iSmokemids said:

Thank you very much for the tip! I just have one question being as I'm new overall to SL, how do i re-rezz a linden home? Thank you guys in advance :D

Just change to another house using the house rezzer/controller outside then go back to whatever home yew were using before. 

🐹

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iSmokemids said:

Thank you very much for the tip! I just have one question being as I'm new overall to SL, how do i re-rezz a linden home? Thank you guys in advance :D

3 hours ago, JessycaJayne said:

Just change to another house using the house rezzer/controller outside then go back to whatever home yew were using before. 

🐹

To expand on JessycaJayne's response, for most Bellisseria home themes, the House Controller is the mailbox.  Clicking on it will bring up a menu, that will allow you to select from all of the house models available for your theme. 

image.png.4455d1de1dde31d10e62e3fbecca8355.png

If you hover your mouse pointer over your current home, it will tell you which model it is.  You would select that model from the House Controller menu to re-rez it, or you may decide to try out any of the others.  

image.png.641709f328ced89ee7b13fc87d059723.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moles
9 hours ago, iSmokemids said:

You can read more about the House Controller here:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019#House_controllers

That Wiki page has a great deal of useful information about many aspects of Linden Homes, and is a very valuable resource. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

To expand on JessycaJayne's response, for most Bellisseria home themes, the House Controller is the mailbox.  Clicking on it will bring up a menu, that will allow you to select from all of the house models available for your theme. 

image.png.4455d1de1dde31d10e62e3fbecca8355.png

If you hover your mouse pointer over your current home, it will tell you which model it is.  You would select that model from the House Controller menu to re-rez it, or you may decide to try out any of the others.  

image.png.641709f328ced89ee7b13fc87d059723.png

Thank you very much! This was extremely helpful! I've solved the issue thanks to you all! Have a wonderful day :D

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.