Best places in SL to meet new people?

inez920909

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, y'all!  I've come back to SL after a LONG hiatus, and I don't really have many people to talk to.  I'm almost done sorting my inventory, and then I'll have nowhere to wear my cute outfits!  What are some good places in SL to visit and meet new friends?  I would love some suggestions!  Thanks in advance. 

Also, if anyone wants to chat, here's a bit about me: my name is Inez920909 inworld, but call me Inez.  I'm a big nerd, home chef, movie buff (especially horror) obsessed with true crime books and podcasts.  I love RPG and simulation games of all kinds, and play DnD with friends every week.  I have two cats that are the bee's knees.  Inworld I love shopping, exploring, going to events, hunts, decorating my house, and just hanging out with cool people! Feel free to shoot me a message.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, inez920909 said:

Hey, y'all!  I've come back to SL after a LONG hiatus, and I don't really have many people to talk to.  I'm almost done sorting my inventory, and then I'll have nowhere to wear my cute outfits!  What are some good places in SL to visit and meet new friends?  I would love some suggestions!  Thanks in advance. 

Also, if anyone wants to chat, here's a bit about me: my name is Inez920909 inworld, but call me Inez.  I'm a big nerd, home chef, movie buff (especially horror) obsessed with true crime books and podcasts.  I love RPG and simulation games of all kinds, and play DnD with friends every week.  I have two cats that are the bee's knees.  Inworld I love shopping, exploring, going to events, hunts, decorating my house, and just hanging out with cool people! Feel free to shoot me a message.

I personally find the Editor's Pics in the destination guide a great place to find other people who like to explore. Flickr is a great place to meet people who also like fashion and taking photos of their avis dressed to the nines. Most people there are open to taking collaborative pics. Dancing is hit or miss. Many times I end up carrying the conversation with people I meet while dancing. If I were you, I would definitely join some sl discord groups based on your hobbies. Good luck 😜

• Like 2

I'm in the exact same boat returning after many years, and I'm so old, I thought Discord was just something you experience before having a breakup.  Based on what I've heard, I suppose Discord might be a good supplement to SL.    I've heard some voice chat at the old SL hubs and many of these are not folks I'd want to hang out with in either life.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Weston Graves said:

I'm in the exact same boat returning after many years, and I'm so old, I thought Discord was just something you experience before having a breakup.  Based on what I've heard, I suppose Discord might be a good supplement to SL.    I've heard some voice chat at the old SL hubs and many of these are not folks I'd want to hang out with in either life.

I only use discord to text and share YouTube videos and pics etc. And also to arrange to meet inworld 😜

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 1:26 AM, inez920909 said:

I can tell you, ''Editors Picks'' has tons of amazing and when i say amazing i mean really amazing Sims and they are always full with people. What's so cool about Editors Picks is that it gets updated a lot ! So there are always new and new places to find and usually the ones on the first page are the most popular ones at that moment.  If you are using firestorm viewer you can find the small icon on the left of your screen it usually just stays there and then there are the places such as ''what's hot now'' ''newcomer friendly'' etc, You can find the Editors Picks in there.

Без име.png

• 5 months later...

Hello, today is December 15, 2022.

I have a very, very, very long time away from SL, I entered today and surprise there is no one. Where do the people of SL go?

I visited the welcome areas and they are also empty. I can't find any of my contacts. Many places where I usually visit, no longer exist.

Any idea what's going on?

33 minutes ago, Henry Debbel said:

I have a very, very, very long time away from SL, I entered today and surprise there is no one. Where do the people of SL go?

I visited the welcome areas and they are also empty. I can't find any of my contacts. Many places where I usually visit, no longer exist.

People tend to keep to themselves more now. Though most likely they're out shopping. The most popular stores and big sale events tend to be pretty busy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Henry Debbel said:

SL is mostly a shopping game nowadays.

Try searching places or events with words music or live

also consider yourself lucky if you get IM replies to your old avatar

Try visiting the noob friendly areas too such as London that someone said in another thread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henry Debbel said:

Venues come and go, so if you've been away for a 'very, very, very' long time, chances are they've shut down or moved elsewhere. 

• Like 3

On 5/23/2022 at 4:26 PM, inez920909 said:

I'm also always looking to meet new friends 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.