Strange "Delivered to:" names in MP transaction emails

Fred Allandale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Fred Allandale said:

Lately I've been getting some MP transaction emails for product redliveries that show Delivered to: #<User:0x007fb994e825d8> instead of the usual avatar name.

Anybody know why and what this means? Is there a way to find out the name of the avatar the redilvery was made to?

Please file a bug report.

https://jira.secondlife.com/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Well they have declared the issue close, tho I don’t see any change. It is still messed up.

looks like your submission duplicating mine have both been accepted, recognized, triaged,  & resolved (closed) by the Lindens.

"We've since identified the issue and have a fix underway, which we're hoping to release soon!" -Shrike Linden

cudos to the labrats. now if we could get them to order my outfits window.

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.cd2bd9ac63b3bf920610e62c321ec493.png

Hopefully this does not continue, as I have observed 'customers' who got a refund for a past item, but are having the updated product re-delivered to them - nice scam huh.

Since my refunds have always only been with a PM and transfering $L back to the person via the viewer window, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing this.

1) Be outraged over a product missing features not advertised, or not understanding how to the use the item

2) Use the review section to report the issue and 1-star product until 'demands' are met, or a refund given

3) Leave the review up destroying people finding a perfectly good product in the marketplace listings

4) Request a re-deliver of the product purchased later when you change your mind, or see that it is updated.

^ If this remains, or no way to cancel a customer purchase who actually got a refund... not cool and can be and has been exploited.

51 minutes ago, entity0x said:

Hopefully this does not continue, as I have observed 'customers' who got a refund for a past item, but are having the updated product re-delivered to them - nice scam huh.

There was a Jira filed on this a few years ago, raised it again at the Web UG in April, hopefully now we might see somethign done https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-226218

Edited by HunniHope
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if anyone's still watching the original issue but apparently, from the one instance i've just experienced, the lab has managed to revert the email notifications to their previous glory.

Oh Lindens should the commoners not have some sort of way to acknowledge your fixes outside of the Jira's current "CLOSED No Comments Allowed"? might the coder's pseudonym be attached to the fix aussi? or is everything inside the lab pretty much sealed up from human interaction? (asking for a friend)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.