Deploy Plan for the week of 2022-04-04

Mazidox Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server

We'll be deploying version 2022-03-24.569934 to the main channel on Tuesday. As mentioned last week this simulator supports the upcoming profile Capability.

Scheduled: 2022-04-05 06:30-11:30 Pacific Daylight Time

Second Life RCs

We'll be deploying version 2022-04-01.570305 to the Release Candidate channels on Wednesday. This simulator fixes issues with llRequestAgentData and llRequestSimulatorData sometimes failing after they've been called repeatedly, a couple of crash fixes, and adding some additional logging around startup.

Scheduled: 2022-04-06 07:00-09:30 Pacific Daylight Time

• Thanks 5

@Solar Legionand my point is germane to THIS week's thread.  I really don't see why folk should have to hunt for last week's post to find information about THIS week's roll.  But as you are often keen to point out, Solar, that is just my view. 😉

Edited by Aishagain
logic error
  • Like 1

Just now, Aishagain said:

@Solar Legionand my point is germane to THIS post.  I really don't see why folk should have to hunt for last week's post to find information about THIS week's roll.  But as you are often keen to point out, Solar, that is just my view.

There's really not much sense in repeating the link. Honestly what they should do is have a stickied post with a general link to the release notes section so that a user can then check the relevant notes.

• Like 2

I see the RC channel roll has gone badly again and LL have been cautious and stopped it.  These problems are coming a bit to frequently for comfort these days, it seems every other roll is either taking far longer than it should it is being stopped.

Firestorm Inworld Support has been inundated with questions about regions being down for 90 minutes or longer again, one user said that SL support was offline, I am guessing that the deluge of calls was acting almost like a DDoS!

Let us spare a thought for the techs at LL who are probably going bald trying to fix this!

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, LoganPryor said:

FWIW, the RC Release Notes link is https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2022-04-01.570305.html but they've not been pushed there (at the time of this posting).

Indeed... Apparently, my suggestion for adding a ”verify the release notes URL/availability” tick box to the check list for server update deployments has not been adopted by LL... Shame. ☹️

Because LL's automated thingies are utterly reliable...aren't they?

BTW those RC channel release notes are still not available (and yes, Solar, I did refresh my browser page!)

• Like 1

The lack of a successful RC run is consistent with the status messages for the current week, just an RC roll-out and nothing on the MC regions. But apparent no-restart in the MC regions seems foolhardy. Does the USA get hit with as many holidays over the Easter weekend?

Aiming for a longer run without restarts, testing the current servers, does have value.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.