Outfits for newbies

Cinnamon Mistwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a new friend.  He seems to be ready to jump into SecondLife with both feet.  I have been helping him with some basics and he can now use the search for finding regions to visit, is teleporting around, can usually find the dance balls at a music venue, and knows his way around animation menus.

Here is the deal I made with him:  I will help him put together 10 outfits for different occasions and themes and I will take him to places where those outfits are appropriate for the dress code.   He is then on his own to explore and find his own place inworld.  He has 4 casual outfits now - jeans and t-shirts, button up shirts, and a hoodie.  So, I thought maybe a swimsuit for beachwear, a tuxedo or nice suit for formal occasions would be good to have in the toolbox.

What other outfits do guys keep on hand?  I know this will vary based on each person's interests, so I am hoping for a decent variety of demos to suggest.  I'll have to ask if he intends to find role play fun (he does like Star Trek) and I am pretty sure he will play as human.

So, for those who have male avatars, what versatile outfits do you use most? Any go-to outfits that can fit a lot of different themes?

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

So, for those who have male avatars, what versatile outfits do you use most? Any go-to outfits that can fit a lot of different themes?

LLLLLLLLeatheeeeeeeeeer! 😍 Or!

Take him over to Enforcer - there's a pair of business-casual pants called Sloth. 60L each pair, or a fatpack of 5 colors for 225L. It's a steal. They go with everything. They also have tees, tops, sweats/joggers, and the like - prices ranging from 60L to 75L, and then some jump up to about 200L each. They're in weekend sales pretty often, but depending on what he likes, you may not need them.

Duk HAD the nicest button-down interactive shirts in prints and solids on sale for 50L each for seemingly forever, but they're back at normal price now (250L each). Keep checking back for sales. Beware the...pants. They're...definitely...somethin'...

Coats and jackets from Ascend are niiiiice. Few sales though, but the stuff usually comes with a HUD for the undershirt. On/off plus color options. They've got every style from long, wintery coats to short rocker jackets and all kinds of other fun stuffs.

Erauqs is in the weekend sales very often, so...casual stuffs for 60L-75Lish when the price drops.

Gild is kinda hot. For when he wants to be kinda hot. Accessories, pants, tops, outfits. They're kinda hot.

Mossu is kind of a given for casual, as well. Tight jeans, especially. Wait what?

Oh, and don't forget the shoes! There always seem to be sneakers and boots (unisex, sometimes) in weekend sales, but I always forget what stores. Keep an eye on Happy Weekend.

And also!!!!

*inhales deeply...* LLLLLLLLLLLLLEATHAAAAAAAAA!!!! 😃

Edit: Forgot to mention - have him join the L'Homme Magazine group for monthly freebies. If you scour through the mag, you can find the list of participating stores in each month's issue. Not sure if there's another list that keeps track out in the wild somewhere - maybe? Website here - https://issuu.com/lhommemagazinesl

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I made a new friend.  He seems to be ready to jump into SecondLife with both feet.  I have been helping him with some basics and he can now use the search for finding regions to visit, is teleporting around, can usually find the dance balls at a music venue, and knows his way around animation menus.

Here is the deal I made with him:  I will help him put together 10 outfits for different occasions and themes and I will take him to places where those outfits are appropriate for the dress code.   He is then on his own to explore and find his own place inworld.  He has 4 casual outfits now - jeans and t-shirts, button up shirts, and a hoodie.  So, I thought maybe a swimsuit for beachwear, a tuxedo or nice suit for formal occasions would be good to have in the toolbox.

What other outfits do guys keep on hand?  I know this will vary based on each person's interests, so I am hoping for a decent variety of demos to suggest.  I'll have to ask if he intends to find role play fun (he does like Star Trek) and I am pretty sure he will play as human.

My male avatar is usually in riding leathers (with or without a bandana to cover his face) and the stirrup boots, but I don't really log in to him aside from driving around Linden Roads, so he doesn't use the other outfits I made for him as much.

He also has a formal suit with broughs and a nice little pocket square peeking out of the jacket, some slightly baggy swim trunks (with no shirt to show off both his fuzziness and ink) but I've not found beach shoes/sandals that look decent on Gianni like the KC ones I have do on Maitreya, as well as jeans and a t-shirt with boots that vaguely resemble Docs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Beware the...pants. They're...definitely...somethin'...

Now I am curious...

I have never heard of some of those stores. Thanks.  The magazine tip is great!

So, what I'm hearing you say is leather is really versatile. 

1 hour ago, monykony said:

almost all of the events starts with man, men so easy to find them

That is really helpful.  It's easy to get overwhelmed with too many choices.

42 minutes ago, DalNiente said:

BRON, Deadwool, Contraption and Riot

We visited Deadwool today.  He got a nice suit and I took him to Foxxies.   I have heard of Riot, but not the other 2.  Time to go shopping.

I am trying really hard not to influence his style at all.  My tastes don't matter so much.  I just wanted to help him find a variety to explore around in.  There is so much to do and most newbies have no idea where to go.  I just wanted to open up his options.

Next time he is on I think I will see what kind of swimwear he likes and toss him on a surfboard. 😄

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Now I am curious...

That is really helpful.  It's easy to get overwhelmed with too many choices.

We visited Deadwool today.  He got a nice suit and I took him to Foxxies.   I have heard of Riot, but not the other 2.  Time to go shopping.

I am trying really hard not to influence his style at all.  My tastes don't matter so much.  I just wanted to help him find a variety to explore around in.  There is so much to do and most newbies have no idea where to go.  I just wanted to open up his options.

Next time he is on I think I will see what kind of swimwear he likes and toss him on a surfboard. 😄

Not clothes, but the "Boss" boards (I think they have surf ones, I know they have windsurfing and kite ones) at Dutch Harbor (The Mesh Shop and Bandit) are nice, and mod... Though getting them to fit *me* is a royal pain my male alt is 6'2" rather than 5'4" so he doesn't need to fight with AVSitter and multiple edits followed by script resets to ride the windsurfing board.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Now I am curious...

Lol, you're going to laugh when you see what I'm talking about. 🤣 It's...a thing.

I found most of those stores through weekend sales. Minus Gild - I have no idea what I was looking for to land on that one. Maybe I saw something at an event and ran as fast as I could over there. Or maybe I searched "hubba hubba" and it showed up. I dunno.

I was mostly joking about the leather thing. I just like leather. It can be versatile, though! Jackets especially. 

Deadwool was a great suggestion. Cold Ash is nice for casual and not-too-casual things, too. Forgot that one.

I forget who has swimwear. I've seen it. Riot maybe? Cold Ash. Also Ascend, I think.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

formal outfit - tuxedo , etc

semi formal - shirt - cloth pants

casual - t shirt - jeans or short pants

adventure- jacket and jeans , sometime longcoat , ussually I wear sword and mask

Lazy at home - topless, short pants

swimwear.

An adventure outfit of some kind is a great idea.  Also, finding something between formal and casual is a good idea, too.  Thanks!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

@Cinnamon Mistwoodjust to add , gabriel store and cold ash , bring him there, lots varriety

Garbriel for anyone...

Plus they have a chunk of decent freebies, and some 1 L$ stuff in the back.

The only thing I wish is that they'd release the old gachas in copy versions, and add more "Petite" options to their yukatas, but that second part wouldn't affect a guy.

Contraption gets the same nod, if you're either a well "endowed" woman or totally flat woman/man, they have so many great things I'm tempted to buy the "Flat" version of Lara just to wear them since there is almost nothing rigged petite in the store. And don't forget upstairs, through the wardrobe up front, they have a sci-fi section that is at least as nice as their steampunk stuff.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Also, finding something between formal and casual is a good idea, too.

LLLLea..!!! 

No really - blazers and sport coats/jackets rock for that. Thinking something like this.

I also have this really nice vest/shirt combo I got from Thirst in a weekend sale for 60L or 75L a while back. Full HUD, too. Ummm here! Found it on Flickr. It's Jake and Legacy only, but you might be able to find something like that elsewhere.

14 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

is he Inithium or Legacy? Mossu and Deadwool are my go to shops for my Legacy. Modulus has great hair. 

EDIT: Ignore my comment haha. Didn't realize he was Gianni

Edited by Robberinthemuseum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.