Why does the Coast Road in Zindra come to a dead end at the boundary between Pira Targa and Saint De Winters regions?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think the OP refers to a different place, though:

161912433_Screenshot2022-03-15162117.png.42879710d9bfddd408d22edf67f4611b.png

Map does show a road just stopping at a region boundary, mid-continent. I haven't visited the spot in person, but unless they left a span of protected land for a future road, it may just be a dead end even if the missing regions were ever completed. If so, that wouldn't be the only Linden road dead end on Mainland.

• Like 1

It's a dead end. There are no other roads nearby to connect, and the land ahead is already developed.

Many of us would like to see the unfinished mess east of Harriot and south of Kerano, Cotehill, Ratters, and Garland filled in. It looks awful. It leaves four roads disconnected. It's all raw edge from Jaraded to Lazonby Pass. It looks like some project was abandoned before completion.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 3:26 PM, Qie Niangao said:

Map does show a road just stopping at a region boundary, mid-continent. I haven't visited the spot in person, but unless they left a span of protected land for a future road, it may just be a dead end even if the missing regions were ever completed. If so, that wouldn't be the only Linden road dead end on Mainland.

I visited in person just before I posted.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:13 PM, animats said:

It's a dead end. There are no other roads nearby to connect, and the land ahead is already developed.

Many of us would like to see the unfinished mess east of Harriot and south of Kerano, Cotehill, Ratters, and Garland filled in. It looks awful. It leaves four roads disconnected. It's all raw edge from Jaraded to Lazonby Pass. It looks like some project was abandoned before completion.

At the time it was built, before Zindra opened in June 2009, none of the land was developed and any that LL wanted to protect was protected. Presumably, they built a dead end, without even a roundabout, intentionally, instead of continuing the road, which would have created additional roadside and, therefore, more valuable, land.

As long as I can remember, roadside land has been more sought-after than land that's surrounded by other private land, and waterfront has been even more valuable. It has long puzzled me that LL didn't, therefore, build more roads and waterways.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 2:15 PM, Jennifer Boyle said:

The title says it all. It seems very strange that the Lindens/Moles would build a nice road but decrease its value greatly by having it come to a dead end instead of continuing and connecting to another road.

I could give you a list of situations like that and the answer is they are not interested in increasing value on the old Mainland, so don't ask them to do that. Either do it on a sim you yourself purchase, or move away from such areas if they bother you.

I am bewildered by unfinished roads like Old Wagon Road in Sababurg then end with a funny billboard that enables you to teleport. Especially when I see a Linden Right of Way lying fallow on that sim. When I see abandoned land all over where a road could be routed. Sure, when the sims were rolled out quickly they didn't have the time or the personnel or whatever to put roads and bodies of water everywhere. I guess? I don't know what their reasoning was or is now. Perhaps they sold first land on those sims back in the day and it was a mess? 

The billboard was a creative and funny solution which at least routed you because you know what? You don't really need to drive or walk in a virtual world, at least our virtual world, you can TP! You can open the map and plunk down elsewhere. To be sure, you have to get in your car again, and that means finding a rez area. But the billboards TP you to a rez area I believe. 

It's a less than perfect situation but given the fact that 90% of vehicular traffic on Mainland sims (which I endlessly observe on the 60 sims where I own land and multiple other sims where I explore) are actually unmanned vehicles it appears justified. No one is getting into them for any tour, either. No one is in them, they are spam. The other 10% are very dedicated drivers willing to work through sim seams and orbs and other impediments. Given these realities on the roads, it's hard to justify any more work by the Moles on them. For the sake of 10% of the vehicles on roads you need to pay skilled people hundreds of dollars a day in real money, over several days? No. 

I wish it were different; it isn't. It's like COVID.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.