Hello from Southeast Asia!

Demonerosso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, I was just getting back to this lovely world since 12 years ago, and got lost on how to tinker with my account so decided to create this fresh one, stupidly I deleted my old account (before I figure out how to connect payment).

Is there any way to retrieve that old deleted account? I just discover that we have age here, and found it cool to get that 'old age' back 😄

Aside of that, I found that many places are quite empty due to time differences with my local time (usually online afterhour) GMT+7, only those social island etc, is there any city etc alive within my localtime?

I'm looking for friends to wander around hopping thru these places, perhaps trying those interesting places (I discovered places like horizons, those riding track, etc) Currently I like being in Fox Hollow, due to its similarities with real town etc but its always empty there.

So anyone who wanna make friends and hanging out afterhours, feel free to message me! See you

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Demonerosso said:

Hi there, I was just getting back to this lovely world since 12 years ago, and got lost on how to tinker with my account so decided to create this fresh one, stupidly I deleted my old account (before I figure out how to connect payment).

Is there any way to retrieve that old deleted account? I just discover that we have age here, and found it cool to get that 'old age' back 😄

Aside of that, I found that many places are quite empty due to time differences with my local time (usually online afterhour) GMT+7, only those social island etc, is there any city etc alive within my localtime?

I'm looking for friends to wander around hopping thru these places, perhaps trying those interesting places (I discovered places like horizons, those riding track, etc) Currently I like being in Fox Hollow, due to its similarities with real town etc but its always empty there.

So anyone who wanna make friends and hanging out afterhours, feel free to message me! See you

To reactivate your account if you remember your avatar name and password:

1. Visit our Second Life Support site
  2. Select Sign In to your Second Life Account and log in as the account you wish to reactivate.
  3. If prompted to reactivate your account, follow the provided instructions.
  4. Otherwise, click Submit a Support Case to contact our Support team for assistance.
    1. Under Issue Type, choose Account Issue.
    2. Under Account Issue, select Reactivate Account.
    3. Enter the required information.
    4. Click Submit.

If you don't remember your avatar name or password, or to create a support case for assistance when prompted by the login page:

1. Visit our Second Life Support site.
  2. Select Continue as Guest and enter your email address in the Requester field.
    • Please be sure this is an email you have access to, so our Support team can respond via email.
  3. Under Issue Type, choose Account Issue.
  4. Under Account Issue, select Reactivate Account.
  5. Enter the required information.
  6. Click Submit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

To reactivate your account if you remember your avatar name and password:

1. Visit our Second Life Support site
  2. Select Sign In to your Second Life Account and log in as the account you wish to reactivate.
  3. If prompted to reactivate your account, follow the provided instructions.
  4. Otherwise, click Submit a Support Case to contact our Support team for assistance.
    1. Under Issue Type, choose Account Issue.
    2. Under Account Issue, select Reactivate Account.
    3. Enter the required information.
    4. Click Submit.

If you don't remember your avatar name or password, or to create a support case for assistance when prompted by the login page:

1. Visit our Second Life Support site.
  2. Select Continue as Guest and enter your email address in the Requester field.
    • Please be sure this is an email you have access to, so our Support team can respond via email.
  3. Under Issue Type, choose Account Issue.
  4. Under Account Issue, select Reactivate Account.
  5. Enter the required information.
  6. Click Submit.

Aaah I got it reactivated now, ok next question, I already have purchases and create avatar in the other account, can I somewhat transfer it back to my old account?

1 hour ago, Olivier Marques said:

Your time zone works well with Australia, Japan and Korea, as well as the ASEAN Countries. You also have some time overlap with the West Coast of the US, depending on the time of day you are in world.

You could look for places people from these countries go.

Hi there! thanks for the info. Any suggestion about those places?

1 hour ago, Demonerosso said:

Aaah I got it reactivated now, ok next question, I already have purchases and create avatar in the other account, can I somewhat transfer it back to my old account?

Most items in your inventory will not be transferable. If you have some that are, you can go in as your old account avatar and give them to your new account avatar. Most of your old things, you won't want for your new avatar because so much has changed in SL in the last 12 years. You'll probably want a mesh body and head pretty soon, but don't rush into spending a bunch of money right away. If you wait, there will likely be some things on sale. The Belleza Jake mesh body has been on sale for almost a year now, I think, so it's getting more popular now after it wasn't for a while. The best thing you can do is to join groups with interests you share. Then you can get in-world help and maybe make some new friends in these groups.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Most items in your inventory will not be transferable. If you have some that are, you can go in as your old account avatar and give them to your new account avatar. Most of your old things, you won't want for your new avatar because so much has changed in SL in the last 12 years. You'll probably want a mesh body and head pretty soon, but don't rush into spending a bunch of money right away. If you wait, there will likely be some things on sale. The Belleza Jake mesh body has been on sale for almost a year now, I think, so it's getting more popular now after it wasn't for a while. The best thing you can do is to join groups with interests you share. Then you can get in-world help and maybe make some new friends in these groups.

Hi there, thanks for the tips! Yeah I've gotten to buying spree when I finally able to connect my local cards here with the payment. Ended up with some useless pricey stuffs 🤦

Where can you find the informations about new avatar etc, simply actively looking or there exists like a place etc? I met some new people where some of them are kindly enough to show me some stores suited to their taste (for AO etc), but is there like a mall where everything's there?

2 hours ago, Demonerosso said:

Hi there, thanks for the tips! Yeah I've gotten to buying spree when I finally able to connect my local cards here with the payment. Ended up with some useless pricey stuffs 🤦

Where can you find the informations about new avatar etc, simply actively looking or there exists like a place etc? I met some new people where some of them are kindly enough to show me some stores suited to their taste (for AO etc), but is there like a mall where everything's there?

Try this:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/

17 hours ago, Demonerosso said:

The SL Marketplace suggested by Caroline is only helpful for when you want something specific or you want things that are free or super cheap. Otherwise it can be confusing and hard to tell what is better quality. Two inworld groups are helpful for finding free stuff and with letting you know of current bargains: SL Frees and Offers and Fabulously Free. Also look for groups aimed specifically at male avatars, because it's harder to find good free and cheap stuff for men. L'Homme Magazine is both an inworld group and a digital online magazine for SL male avatars. While most free stuff won't be of great quality, L'Homme Magazine is kind of the GQ of SL, so the gifts at stores associated with them are good. The Man Cave event is a good one for gifts and for seeing what is new for men in SL. There are some others too. Always demo mesh items before buying them, whether bodies or clothing.

Not all mesh bodies have an equal chance of finding clothes for them. The 3 most popular male bodies, which also have the most clothing made for them are Belleza Jake, Signature Gianni and Legacy Male. Kuppra also has a male body that has some clothes made for it. Avoid Aesthetic, because they don't have much clothing made for them. Each body will look different, can be adjusted with shape sliders, and has its own pros and cons. Try each one to see which shape and HUD you like best. Belleza Jake is the cheapest. Legacy Male is the most expensive. Divide linden dollars by 250 to get an idea of how much stuff costs in US dollars. The best mesh head to buy now would be an Evo X head from LeLutka. They have 2 settings, so they can use both the older Evolution skins and the new Evo X skins. The Evo X setting uses a totally different UV map from the default SL skin UV map, so they look weird when people are rezzing in and don't work with non Evo X skins and tattoo layers. With Bakes on Mesh enabled on mesh bodies and heads, you can wear skin, tattoo layers and clothing layers right on your mesh avatar, which makes them very easy to use if you're used to using a system body. Mesh bodies, heads and clothing can also use appliers to change the textures on them. 

Some great ways to see what is new and what is going on in SL are to check websites such as Seraphim (which advertises shopping events and hunts) and to search YouTube for Second Life channels. There are several bloggers, both female and male, who showcase events and sales in SL, as well as giving advice for newbies or anyone using SL. You can save alot of time by watching a video before going to a shopping event yourself or struggling with some aspect of SL without help. There are some good online blogs for SL users too. Duds for Dudes and The Virtual Bloke are good for male avatars starting out in SL. Boston Blaisedale is a good YouTube channel for guys in SL. 

Most importantly, don't think you have to look perfect or know how to do everything. Second Life is so complicated that nobody knows how to do everything and most of us are continually changing and refining our avatars. Go out and explore the grid, meet people, make friends and have fun. There is no one right way to enjoy using SL, but if you're not having fun, you're probably doing it wrong.  😉

Edited by Persephone Emerald
for corrections & to add links
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The SL Marketplace suggested by Caroline is only helpful for when you want something specific or you want things that are free or super cheap. Otherwise it can be confusing and hard to tell what is better quality. Two inworld groups are helpful for finding free stuff and with letting you know of current bargains: SL Frees and Offers and Fabulously Free. Also look for groups aimed specifically at male avatars, because it's harder to find good free and cheap stuff for men. L'Homme Magazine is both an inworld group and a digital online magazine for SL male avatars. While most free stuff won't be of great quality, L'Homme Magazine is kind of the GQ of SL, so the gifts at stores associated with them are good. The Man Cave event is a good one for gifts and for seeing what is new for men in SL. There are some others too. Always demo mesh items before buying them, whether bodies or clothing.

Not all mesh bodies have an equal chance of finding clothes for them. The 3 most popular male bodies, which also have the most clothing made for them are Belleza Jake, Signature Gianni and Legacy Male. Kuppra also has a male body that has some clothes made for it. Avoid Aesthetic, because they don't have much clothing made for them. Each body will look different, can be adjusted with shape sliders, and has its own pros and cons. Try each one to see which shape and HUD you like best. Belleza Jake is the cheapest. Legacy Male is the most expensive. Divide linden dollars by 250 to get an idea of how much stuff costs in US dollars. The best mesh head to buy now would be an Evo X head from LeLutka. They have 2 settings, so they can use both the older Evolution skins and the new Evo X skins. The Evo X setting uses a totally different UV map from the default SL skin UV map, so they look weird when people are rezzing in and don't work with non Evo X skins and tattoo layers. With Bakes on Mesh enabled on mesh bodies and heads, you can wear skin, tattoo layers and clothing layers right on your mesh avatar, which makes them very easy to use if you're used to using a system body. Mesh bodies, heads and clothing can also use appliers to change the textures on them. 

Some great ways to see what is new and what is going on in SL are to check websites such as Seraphim (which advertises shopping events and hunts) and to search YouTube for Second Life channels. There are several bloggers, both female and male, who showcase events and sales in SL, as well as giving advice for newbies or anyone using SL. You can save alot of time by watching a video before going to a shopping event yourself or struggling with some aspect of SL without help. There are some good online blogs for SL users too. Duds for Dudes and The Virtual Bloke are good for male avatars starting out in SL. Boston Blaisedale is a good YouTube channel for guys in SL. 

Most importantly, don't think you have to look perfect or know how to do everything. Second Life is so complicated that nobody knows how to do everything and most of us are continually changing and refining our avatars. Go out and explore the grid, meet people, make friends and have fun. There is no one right way to enjoy using SL, but if you're not having fun, you're probably doing it wrong.  😉

Woah thanks a lot! I didnt know SL even have magazine. Currently I'm using Altamura Bento, I found that with Singularity the body mod is easier and the rendering is faster and better, even with SecondLife Viewer, Altamura looks so weird, but its great with Singularity. Will others see the avatar the same way as I see it?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demonerosso said:

Woah thanks a lot! I didn't know SL even have magazine. Currently I'm using Altamura Bento, I found that with Singularity the body mod is easier and the rendering is faster and better, even with Second Life Viewer, Altamura looks so weird, but its great with Singularity. Will others see the avatar the same way as I see it?

I made a bunch of full perm shapes for the Altamura free male bodies, because sometimes the default shapes have the heads too small and shoulders too wide. I'll send you the box of them inworld. I think Altamura is a good starter mesh body. The HUD is easy to use. The head is included. There are a few different ethnicities available. There are even some clothes that fit it. It won't give you the same versatility that some other bodies will, but it's a great body (especially the free ones) for exploring SL.

I don't know much about using Singularity. I pretty much only use Firestorm, though I've tried Black Dragon because it's recommended by some YouTubers.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.