Hiring Personal Shopper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I believe I am addicted to the weekly sales, and it's at a point where I must sadly stop (or at least cut down).  However, if I can pay someone else to go thru these ads, and point out to me any special items I would be wanting/missing, that would be fabulous!  Then I wouldn't be spending so much money, and still be able to get the things I'm on the lookout for!

Ideal candidates would already know a great majority of the weekly sales and how to find them --as you already like shopping enough to likely find this stuff while looking for things for yourself, anyway!  Must also be knowledgeable as to what the key items I will be looking for are (for example, items from specific creators, bell-bottoms, and CatWa/BoM makeup).  You may need to be available on Saturdays, as I have found this is the best day to tackle everything all at once (unless you can explain to me why you would feel otherwise).  Would also be neat if you knew how to Gyazo (or something similar), to show me something you found, so I don't have to be tempted by looking thru everything (and knew how to copy/paste SLURLs or share LMs).

Feel free to contact me inworld to discuss payment and your sales advertisement sleuthing skills.  xD 

...Thanks and have a lovely day!  :) 

Edited by MajikVixen Lorefield
Added the last sentence to 2nd paragraph, as I just remembered! :p
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

So, I believe I am addicted to the weekly sales, and it's at a point where I must sadly stop (or at least cut down).  However, if I can pay someone else to go thru these ads, and point out to me any special items I would be wanting/missing, that would be fabulous!  Then I wouldn't be spending so much money, and still be able to get the things I'm on the lookout for!

Ideal candidates would already know a great majority of the weekly sales and how to find them --as you already like shopping enough to likely find this stuff while looking for things for yourself, anyway!  Must also be knowledgeable as to what the key items I will be looking for are (for example, items from specific creators, bell-bottoms, and CatWa/BoM makeup).  You may need to be available on Saturdays, as I have found this is the best day to tackle everything all at once (unless you can explain to me why you would feel otherwise).  Would also be neat if you knew how to Gyazo (or something similar), to show me something you found, so I don't have to be tempted by looking thru everything (and knew how to copy/past SLURLs or share LMs).

Feel free to contact me inworld to discuss payment and your sales advertisement sleuthing skills.  xD 

...Thanks and have a lovely day!  :) 

it seems you're describing a personal shopper and not a sales consultant.

Just now, karenx0 said:

it seems you're describing a personal shopper and not a sales consultant.

Perhaps?  It didn't even dawn on me what the correct term is.  I figured it was sales consultant, because I would be consulted about the weekly sales.  Personal shopper is what I think of when I buy groceries online and someone brings them to my house or car  xD 

9 hours ago, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

Personal shopper is what I think of when I buy groceries online and someone brings them to my house or car  xD 

The way you've described your post, that too is also called as a Personal Shopper. Most Personal Shopper goes with clothing.

Sales consultant is someone who finds customers who would purchase their company products. If you ever saw these people coming from different companies at your doorstep they're called sales consultant.

Both are different, and like I said, you're looking for a Personal Shopper. Since you want to buy things for yourself but you don't want to go out. If you had a company or a brand and wanted your products to sell you'd ask a sales consultant to talk to people or find people to buy your products.

• Like 2

I can probably help...I have the same issue so I go through the sales for myself. I go through the following events and whatever else pops up on the seraphim group: 

- Fifty Linden Fridays 
- Fly By Fridays 
- Ebento weekend 
- EvoShop 
- Energy weekend 
- Glorious Days  
- MIIX Weekend 
- Happy Weekend 
- Saturday Sale 
- Kawaii Sundays 
- Secret Sale Sundays 

I am very picky for purchases. I buy only when it's a special item or when I need it or don't already have it. Also, if it matches my lifestyle and fashion preferences. I often use Gyazo and, of course, know how to copy/paste SLURLs or share LMs.

Edited by CatherineShields
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CatherineShields said:

I can probably help...I have the same issue so I go through the sales for myself. I go through the following events and whatever else pops up on the seraphim group: 

- Fifty Linden Fridays 
- Fly By Fridays 
- Ebento weekend 
- EvoShop 
- Energy weekend 
- Glorious Days  
- MIIX Weekend 
- Happy Weekend 
- Saturday Sale 
- Kawaii Sundays 
- Secret Sale Sundays 

I am very picky for purchases. I buy only when it's a special item or when I need it or don't already have it. Also, if it matches my lifestyle and fashion preferences. I often use Gyazo and, of course, know how to copy/paste SLURLs or share LMs.

Cool!  Hope you get a chance to give me some feedback on the NC I sent.

Good luck to everyone else interested too...  As the weekend approaches, I get a bit nervous about whether what I'm trying to accomplish will work out or not xD 

• Like 1

I think the best way to approach whether this will be feasible for you or not, is to figure out your average spending before cutting down first. Then figure out a budget that you'd like to stick to. Minus one from the other and that will be what you want to save obviously, however, is there enough money left over to pay a personal shopper?

If so, I'd be happy to discuss this opportunity with you. I'm on my phone so am not able to IM you in world. Please reply here if you'd want me to reach out to you when I get on the computer. 

My skills:

Organization, creative, gyazo user, research, ideas, forward thinker, personable

Edited by blissfulbreeze
  • Like 1

I seem to lack the ability to change the title of this thread... Thank you all very much for your interest... I've gotten some very valuable feedback and can give 2 references, if anybody else happens to look for a Personal Shopper (or some very dedicated and talented people who love to help)... But I believe I have found my own personal answer, and that is to make a clone alt to do these errands for me, and to use some wiser judgment before dumping all the L$ I have into things that aren't ALL the way worth it.  Thank you, everyone... Good luck, and happy SLing  ♥

Edited by MajikVixen Lorefield
spelling error

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.