Inventory not loading

Dr Woodside

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the past two days, I get error message saying there is a problem loading inventory.  I have cleared my cache and logged out and then logged back in upon clearing the cache. That does NOT fix the problem at all. I submitted ticket to support which has been unanswered.   How do I fix this error message?!

Thank you. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 9.01.00 PM.png

11 answers to this question

• Lindens

Hello everyone,

This error message is New Behavior in the Second Life viewer and is there to let you know that your inventory has problems. Please see the release notes for the build we promoted to default release on Monday, 2022/2/28 for more details. https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/viewer/6.5.3.568554.html

The sooner you contact support to get this issue resolved the better! Inventory issues may compound over time if you keep trying to connect to Second Life before getting it fixed by Support.

Please Contact Support directly at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case and once logged in choose, Submit a Case and select Technical Question > Inventory Issue and complete the rest of the form to get assistance. Our amazing support team is aware of the issue and is on the look out for these new Support cases.

Thanks!

P.S. We have reports that those who have chosen to change the debug setting, NoInventoryLibrary to True, will both trigger this error message and not be able to load their inventory. That issue has been reported at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-231865 and the quick work around is to change that setting to False. If you are still seeing the error message, you should still contact support.

P.P.S. Clearing Cache and relaunching Second Life will not resolve this specific new warning message.

Edited by Kyle Linden
P.P.S.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dr Woodside said:

For the past two days, I get error message saying there is a problem loading inventory.  I have cleared my cache and logged out and then logged back in upon clearing the cache. That does NOT fix the problem at all. I submitted ticket to support which has been unanswered.   How do I fix this error message?!

Thank you. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 9.01.00 PM.png

You can try some of the stuff in this link: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

Otherwise, you'll just have to wait until your Support ticket is handled.

Or, if you are Premium, you can contact Live Chat tomorrow during business hours.

Thank you for your response but nothing on that link works at all. I deleted the cache and all of the cache came back. I still get error message that inventory wont load every time I log in. I put in support ticket but no response at all from Support. Does support even exist?  What else can be done to fix this problem?

1 hour ago, Dr Woodside said:

Thank you for your response but nothing on that link works at all. I deleted the cache and all of the cache came back. I still get error message that inventory wont load every time I log in. I put in support ticket but no response at all from Support. Does support even exist?  What else can be done to fix this problem?

Support does exist, but they don't work those kind of tickets outside of their business hours.  Even in the best of time, tickets can take a day or two or so to get worked.  

If nothing in the link helps, then based on the error message, you are likely out of luck until Support responds.  If they don't respond early tomorrow, you could always pay for a month of Premium so that you can get access to Live Chat.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

This is caused by LLs new viewer behaviour... Your invent is not broken it is LL not taking into account the "Noinventorylibrary" debug option set to TRUE, to work around this for now set it to FALSE and your invent will load in like normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dr Woodside said:

I deleted the cache and all of the cache came back.

This isn't directly pertinent to your problem, but this is exactly how it's supposed to work. A cache is a place where something is stored in order to get faster access to it. When you delete your inventory cache, you're trying to delete stuff that you think may have become corrupted and is causing problems. When you log in, a fresh copy of your inventory is fetched from LL's servers, and so your cache "comes back". What you're hoping is that the corrupted items are being replaced with proper ones.

If the corruption is not in your local cache, but in LL's servers, the problem comes back, too. At that point, it's time to get tech support involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

This isn't directly pertinent to your problem, but this is exactly how it's supposed to work. A cache is a place where something is stored in order to get faster access to it. When you delete your inventory cache, you're trying to delete stuff that you think may have become corrupted and is causing problems. When you log in, a fresh copy of your inventory is fetched from LL's servers, and so your cache "comes back". What you're hoping is that the corrupted items are being replaced with proper ones.

If the corruption is not in your local cache, but in LL's servers, the problem comes back, too. At that point, it's time to get tech support involved.

I have contacted Support but they never have responded back.  How do you fix this if Support is just going to ignore the ticket and not respond back?  What else can I do to try to fix it?

5 hours ago, Sephy McCaw said:

This is caused by LLs new viewer behaviour... Your invent is not broken it is LL not taking into account the "Noinventorylibrary" debug option set to TRUE, to work around this for now set it to FALSE and your invent will load in like normal.

Sorry but I speak English and not "tech". What does this mean in plain English? How do I fix the problem?  How exactly do I fix this since Support is ignoring tickets and not responding back?   Thank you!!

@Dr Woodside, to try @Sephy McCaw's suggestion, do the following.

If the Advanced menu is not on your top menu bar, go to Preferences (CTRL+P). In the Advanced tab, check "Show Advanced Menu". Then click OK and close the Preferences window.  If you already have the Advanced menu in your top row, skip this step.

Go to Advanced > Show Debug Settings. A new window will open on your screen. In that window's search bar, type NoInventoryLibrary. If this is set to TRUE, set it to False, then hit Save and exit the Debug Settings window.

Now try logging in again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr Woodside said:

How exactly do I fix this since Support is ignoring tickets and not responding back?

Between Sephy and Lindal, you now have a workaround that ought to work.  In passing, though, it's a bit unfair to conclude that the Lab is ignoring you.  The support system deals with tickets with a triage approach.  Problems that affect a lot of people (like servers going off line, or L$ being sent to the wrong places, or DOS attacks on the system) are given the highest priority.  After that come problems that recur often enough that they can respond with cut/paste answers or a simple flip of a switch someplace. Problems at the bottom of the stack are ones that are either hard to understand (poorly articulated ones, or tickets that are vague or incomplete) or that will take a really long time to resolve. (That last bunch are best submitted as JIRA reports, actually).  

It's hard to say where your own ticket falls in that spectrum, especially since we don't any idea how many tickets with higher priority were submitted. It's always a fair guess, though, that only the highest priority tickets get attention on a weekend.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dr Woodside said:

I submitted ticket to support which has been unanswered.  

I have contacted Support but they never have responded back.  How do you fix this if Support is just going to ignore the ticket and not respond back?  

How exactly do I fix this since Support is ignoring tickets and not responding back?

Even though you said the problem has been happening for a couple of days, you never said when you put in the Support ticket.  Those type of tickets will typically not get worked over the weekend or outside of the normal daytime business hours.  Also, yesterday LL would have had a large queue of tickets from the weekend and would have to work their way through all of those.

As I mentioned before, if you really want faster support, pay for Premium and use the Live Chat feature.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.