No land permissions at new linden homes?

Trin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got one of the newer 1024 Linden homes, when I had a Linden home years ago you could change the settings for who could access it, add people to the access list, ect.

For some reason you can't on the new ones, the options are grayed out, is it no longer an option to use access settings?

I hate to use a security  orb, but I may need to, I don't want some random Joe to be able to walk in.

Edited by Trin1

13 minutes ago, Trin1 said:

I got one of the newer 1024 Linden homes, when I had a Linden home years ago you could change the settings for who could access it, add people to the access list, ect.

For some reason you can't on the new ones, the options are grayed out, is it no longer an option to use access settings?

I hate to use a security  orb, but I may need to, I don't want some random Joe to be able to walk in.

Those settings induce Ban Lines for others and cause havoc for flyers.  You can no longer do that in the newer Homes.

There is a security orb in the Content package --- you'll find that via the House Rezzer --- and pay attention to the security orb rules.

Thread about it all:  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

You can also control access through the home control panel (the same place you change house colors). It's list based, so if you use this method, you have to specify who can have access. If I understand correctly, if you use this method, people can't open doors unless they are on the list, but I think you can cam in, click on a piece of furniture, and sit on it.

7 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

You can also control access through the home control panel (the same place you change house colors). It's list based, so if you use this method, you have to specify who can have access. If I understand correctly, if you use this method, people can't open doors unless they are on the list, but I think you can cam in, click on a piece of furniture, and sit on it.

Access on that menu is for that menu and locked doors don't keep people out in SL.

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Those settings induce Ban Lines for others and cause havoc for flyers.  You can no longer do that in the newer Homes.

There is a security orb in the Content package --- you'll find that via the House Rezzer --- and pay attention to the security orb rules.

Thread about it all:  

Thanks.

Edited by Trin1

The access panel in the house has two parts: Admin - which allows named avatars to control doors, windows, redecorating; and Access - which you can set to a list of individually named avatars or to a named group. Then anyone with that group tag active can access your house. Anyone else will be booted out after a minimum of 15 seconds, even if they've tried to use your furniture.

You can also add specific avatars to a Ban list within the About Land> Access menu.

ban.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on your new home, Trin1!   A couple clarifications, which your may already know. 

> The "Access List", which you can set via the Home Controller panel inside the home near the front door, ONLY controls who can use the Home Controller and operate the home's doors and windows.  It does not control who can enter your parcel.

> There are 3 ways to control who can enter your parcel.

1.  As Frigga mentioned, you can use the parcel ban list in the About Land Access tab.

2.   You can use the 1-LI Security Panel included in your home's content creation pack, as Littleme mentioned.  This is a security orb which is preconfigured to comply with LH rules.  Linden Home rules for security orbs are laid out in the notecards in the Content Creation pack, and I believe they are also stated concisely in the Covenant (2nd tab on the Land page)

3.  You can use a 3rd party security orb.  HOWEVER, it must be setup to conform to LH rules, which, given the height restrictions, can be tricky to do.  Much of the thread Littleme cited consists of people repeating the rules over and over, lol.  It's easier to just use the LL gadget, which is simple to set up.

• Like 2

I got called away before I could finish what I was writing. Here's the relevant content of the Notecard that comes with the LL Security orb - please check the full Notecard when you rez the system. I've bolded some of the text. (It's important to remember the "Allow" List/Group instruction - some people forget about that step and then wonder why the system isn't working. Also, I've found that if I re-rez my house, the security system needs to be re-set.)

SETUP

1. Rez your Security System and place it anywhere in your parcel.

2. Click the Settings button (the gear icon) to see the dialog menu:

The ACCESS menu lets you create and manage an access whitelist for this system. 
        Use its "Add Name" and "Remove Name" options to create a list and its "View List" option to see who is on it.
        Use its "Allow List" option to let people on the list enter your parcel. 
        Use its "Allow Group" option to let people in your group enter. 
        You may set either "Allow .. " option, or both.

The WARNING TIME menu lets you type in the number of seconds that the system will give a visitor to leave once the visitor has been warned,  The warning time must be at least 15 seconds.

The RANGE menu allows you you choose presets that determine the upper and lower elevation limits of your protected area.  You may set them up to 400m above and below you.

The ADMIN menu lets you create and modify a list of people who should be allowed to use the Security System.  The "Add Name", "Remove Name", and "View List" options do the same things as in the ACCESS menu.  People on the Admin List will be able to use all of the Setting menu options except the ones on the ADMIN menu itself..

3. Click the Help button (?) on the panel at any time to see an abbreviated version of these instructions.

OPERATION

Click the Power button to turn the Security System on or off.  That's it.

You may change Settings and may use Sky Alert at any time, whether the power is on or off.  The Security System will not interfere with your home's Control Panel either, so you may choose different settings and different whitelists on the two systems if you want.  For example, you might want to allow whitelist members to enter your parcel but not enter your home..

REMINDER:  If you are at ground level and have UNchecked the box in World >>> About Land that allows people outside your parcel to see and chat with people in the parcel, you are also protected from people who are at least 300m above you, even if they are inside your parcel. 

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Thanks 3

If you do restrict who can open the doors, remember to set the landing point outside the house. Setting it inside the house with locked doors ends up trapping people. This happened a lot during the bucket hunt last year. Turned out a lot of house owners didn't realise it'd be a problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.