Male body skins(BoM)?

Bowlslaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Most.places only do 1 or 2.body skins.  They do.them once and then make.faces to.go.with them.  The skin tones all matching the tones for the heads.  

Eta...some stores have stopped doing body skins altogether.  They create their head skins to match another creators body skins.

Edited by Rowan Amore

32 minutes ago, Bowlslaw said:

What are some more male body skins? The places I've found generally have only 1 or 2 available. This includes Not Found, Velour, Dopelit, Rebirth, and Session(I think).

In addition to the stores you listed, I would add Clef de Peau [SLurl] and Stray Dog [SLurl].

And as Rowan indicated, most stores have few body skins. They are to be matched with the variety of head skins.

Thanks everyone!

Ok, now I have another question. I've only ever used BoM, it's awesome. But! The skins that come with Legacy Athletic are not BoM, they are appliers(I think). How do I get things like body hair and tattoos on my Legacy Athletic hody if I want to use one of their default skins? They actually look very nice.

You would need to use appliers to add body hair or tattoos if you're using an applier skin.  The layers also conflict with each other so wearing more.than one applier layer over another was always an issue.

This is the beauty of BOM.  You can pile on multiple layers without any problems.  

Where is your head skin from?  Does.that store make a BOM body skin?  Most of them do now.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bowlslaw said:

Yeah, I'm still only a few months old and I started with BoM, which is great. But the Legacy Athletic default body skin applier looks quite good. Oh well. Why is The Ultimate Meshbody like this, lol. 

I would recommend trying body skin demos from Birth - they come in a range of tones and have a lot of different body hair options, and they are all BoM. The built in Legacy skins are ok, but there are better ones out there and at this point limiting yourself to appliers is not a great idea. Nexus offers a lot of body hair options in BoM as well.

Seconding the recommendation for Birth skins, they are very nicely done (except for the palest tone which makes you look like you belong on a mortuary slab). They have some very nice matching head skins too, including a good selection of more mature ones. I used Birth before BOM came along and allowed me to use my favourite old skin again.

12 minutes ago, Bowlslaw said:

Do you know if Stray Dog is going to update their Legacy body skin to use BoM? I love my Stray Dog Apolo head skin and they fit perfectly together.

It says on his profile, entire.store.has been updated to BOM.

BOM UPDATE!

Edited by Rowan Amore

57 minutes ago, Bowlslaw said:

I guess the demo in the store only used the applier HUD and has no BoM demos. I was just there and the demo did not have BoM and so I was hesitant to purchase it.

That's what one of his posts on Flickr.said.  Everything was updated even if the update wasn't in the demo version.  Not sure why he wouldn't add that in as well?  

1 hour ago, Bowlslaw said:

Do you know if Stray Dog is going to update their Legacy body skin to use BoM? I love my Stray Dog Apolo head skin and they fit perfectly together.

If you already have the applier version, you do not need to purchase anything.  Just have your body skin redelivered.and the BOM version will be included.

Edited by Rowan Amore

1 hour ago, Bowlslaw said:

I guess the demo in the store only used the applier HUD and has no BoM demos. I was just there and the demo did not have BoM and so I was hesitant to purchase it.

This is true. The body demos only contain appliers. If you already have a body skin that you purchased prior to the update, try getting a free redelivery at the store.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:47 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Where is your head skin from?  Does.that store make a BOM body skin?  Most of them do now.  

Thank you for bringing up this point. Even though your body skin comprises the vast majority of your avatar's surface area, in my opinion, it is secondary to your HEAD SKIN. To create a seamless look, you really need to get your body skin from the same store you get your head skin from.

4 hours ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

Thank you for bringing up this point. Even though your body skin comprises the vast majority of your avatar's surface area, in my opinion, it is secondary to your HEAD SKIN. To create a seamless look, you really need to get your body skin from the same store you get your head skin from.

Yes, I've come to realize this is true, probably for the majority of the time. But! Sometimes vendors will work together e.g. Dopelit and Not Found released some skins for Inithium Kario. Meaning that you can use a DopeLit skin on your body and a Not Found head skin, and the colors match seemlessly, like this:

b6218118d91afc6010543316cbc83d09.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.