Much of Vallone sim (adult) is up for auction

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A landowner who had a city-type area recently moved out, and LL is selling off the now-cleared land. About 20,000 m^2. See the LL auctions page. This is in Vallone, in downtown Kama City. So, if you want adult land, here's a chance to buy some.

I have parcels in Vallone myself, but don't need even more land. I'd like to see someone build something interesting nearby. Theres a cyberpunk build nearby, and continuing that theme would be interesting.

The next sim over, Charlesville, is a forest of FOR SALE and FOR RENT signs.

One of the land barons is hovering above the property now.

29 minutes ago, xsecretbunnyx said:

could you help me out here, I won the aution that I know of, cause its over and I had the highest bid, but still nothing

Are you sure that the auction for the parcel you bid on is over?  There are still 4 parcels up for auction on Vallone which don't end until tomorrow (1/20/22).  If there had been more than 4 parcels being auctioned there, I would suggest going out to the parcel you had bid on to see if that parcel has been assigned to you.  

8 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Are you sure that the auction for the parcel you bid on is over?  There are still 4 parcels up for auction on Vallone which don't end until tomorrow (1/20/22).  If there had been more than 4 parcels being auctioned there, I would suggest going out to the parcel you had bid on to see if that parcel has been assigned to you.  

auctions are usually two days long yeah? its not even on the auction list anymore. It just bumped my tier up as well, it went from 11-60 a month

20 minutes ago, xsecretbunnyx said:

auctions are usually two days long yeah? its not even on the auction list anymore. It just bumped my tier up as well, it went from 11-60 a month

Ah, you must mean some different auction from the four in Vallone that are still ongoing, to close this noon PDT (three and a half hours from now).

I think you'd get an email notification that you won (any chance it was screened as spam??) and if your tier went up, you should also see the parcel(s) you won (wherever they are) listed on  your "My Mainland" page.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 9:16 PM, animats said:

A landowner who had a city-type area recently moved out, and LL is selling off the now-cleared land. About 20,000 m^2. See the LL auctions page. This is in Vallone, in downtown Kama City. So, if you want adult land, here's a chance to buy some.

I have parcels in Vallone myself, but don't need even more land. I'd like to see someone build something interesting nearby. Theres a cyberpunk build nearby, and continuing that theme would be interesting.

The next sim over, Charlesville, is a forest of FOR SALE and FOR RENT signs.

One of the land barons is hovering above the property now.

Too bad. You're going to now get AFK business hopeful #198271823 and all the region lag your heart could ever not desire.

Every one of those parcels has horrible sqm guaranteeing you'll be put into an elevated tier bracket by a few hundred to one thousand sqm.

This means they're prime targets for land flippers with reserve tier, not people who will start businesses.

Guy should have broken two of those parcels into three.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

10 minutes ago, xsecretbunnyx said:

@Qie Niangao so even though the auction timed out its still ongoing? how long does it take I thought it was 1 hour max, then if there was any issue then contact customer service, least thats what I read. Would auctions be ongoing somewhere else and cease to be viewable on my end.

Kakapo (128,128)

It's not timed out. I see 4 parcels for auction in Vallone  https://places.secondlife.com/auctions#0

https://places.secondlife.com/parcels/ac267cc5-1884-d340-9908-d83450afcef0

https://places.secondlife.com/parcels/e707e81e-cb08-0493-51a5-7e153944edb0

https://places.secondlife.com/parcels/7daed728-d4de-08af-5af3-7c3df7a04cf0

https://places.secondlife.com/parcels/ea043578-4d4c-3912-9e2a-3c80c16bfdea

Auction ends in under 5 hours.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, xsecretbunnyx said:

that reminds me Im going to sell my other property if anyone wants 9216m - 3164p.

It's pretty much pointless to post about land sales in the Forums, it's just not how buyers find land they'll actually buy, but if you do decide to post about it again, try in the Parcels for Sale: Mainland subforum (not here, and really not on this already confusing thread).

7 minutes ago, xsecretbunnyx said:

@Qie Niangao so even though the auction timed out its still ongoing? how long does it take I thought it was 1 hour max, then if there was any issue then contact customer service, least thats what I read. Would auctions be ongoing somewhere else and cease to be viewable on my end.

Kakapo (128,128)

So this is what I mean by "confusing." Kakapo is a full region that will be set to auction someday but isn't yet even listed on the Scheduled Auctions tab of the auctions page.

What auction are you talking about?? And what does this mean:

2 hours ago, xsecretbunnyx said:

It just bumped my tier up as well, it went from 11-60 a month

Neither 11 nor 60 correspond to any tier fee I see on the list, and certainly US$11 won't be enough to cover the "9216m - 3164p" (?) that you mentioned you wanted to sell. So it all seems nearly random. But anyway, what do you see on your "My Mainland" page I mentioned above? A screen snip would be handy.

does the auction still go on after the timer hits zero? as for the fees thats just the closest # I can remember of what the fees are.

My land I own already is just something I wanted to see if anyone was interested in.

457134360_slproofofpurchase.thumb.jpg.1a2e6f3047a36faa7ddbfc8a01a4e039.jpg for auction 2 

Edited by xsecretbunnyx

Oh, interesting. I don't see any of yesterday's auctions in the "Recently Closed Auctions" tab of the auctions page. I'm not sure if that could be normal (just takes a while??) or if it means something went wrong with yesterday's auctions. If I were you, I'd open a live chat session with Support to see what's going on.

(It's possible that an auction can fail if the Lab can't put through billing to pay the auctioned amount, but that wouldn't explain why no other auctions from yesterday are appearing on that page. But I'm not entirely sure they'd be expected to yet.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

Oh, interesting. I don't see any of yesterday's auctions in the "Recently Closed Auctions" tab of the auctions page. I'm not sure if that could be normal (just takes a while??) or if it means something went wrong with yesterday's auctions. If I were you, I'd open a live chat session with Support to see what's going on.

(It's possible that an auction can fail if the Lab can't put through billing to pay the auctioned amount, but that wouldn't explain why no other auctions from yesterday are appearing on that page. But I'm not entirely sure they'd be expected to yet.)

thanks, I know I dont know what Im doing butI didnt think I was completely oblivious 

4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Too bad. You're going to now get AFK business hopeful #198271823 and all the region lag your heart could ever not desire.

There used to be more of that, but I haven't seen it recently. One day, a dozen avatars were suddenly nearby all the time, but not at ground level. I went way up to a skybox to see what was going on. Turned out to be a gay AFK place supervised by a bot.  After about a month of nothing but the AFKs and the bot showing up, the owner shut down, and the land was purchased by the usual land baron.

The current thing is building clubs. There are four clubs within 200m, two of which get traffic.

I have a non-adult business in an adult area. A motorcycle business should be in a sketchy neighborhood, as they often are in real life. I get a reasonable amount of traffic that way.

4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Every one of those parcels has horrible sqm guaranteeing you'll be put into an elevated tier bracket by a few hundred to one thousand sqm.

Hm? Most, if not all, of the parcels in the Kama City area are exact multiples of 512m^2. They have little 4m x 8m bites of Linden land cut out of the corners to make them come out even. Sometimes the moles put a 4m x 8m planter there, but mostly they don't and the landowner has to figure out some way to deal with the hole.

Anyway, the Vallone auctions are complete now. Buyers are one land flipper, and a non land baron.

3 hours ago, animats said:

Hm? Most, if not all, of the parcels in the Kama City area are exact multiples of 512m^2. They have little 4m x 8m bites of Linden land cut out of the corners to make them come out even. Sometimes the moles put a 4m x 8m planter there, but mostly they don't and the landowner has to figure out some way to deal with the hole.

Anyway, the Vallone auctions are complete now. Buyers are one land flipper, and a non land baron.

I'm talking about the 4 parcels that were auctioned.................................................................................................

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.