Proposal for new Linden openspace water region

Lloyd Overland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As those in the know will know if you aim your boat at speed at the left hand corner of this wall you can get across to the waterways beyond. However it does not always work and spoils the immersion for those like me who get into 'character' when sailing in SL. I realise that new regions cannot be spun up all over the place but I wanted to start this thread to see how many, or how few, other suggestions there are where navigation and user experience could be increased significantly.

My reason for nominating this location is that with the houseboats and old Bellisseria to the north what may have once been a backwater could now be a popular location for sailing and there would still be a region of separation to the fantasy island. I acknowledge that currently this area is quiet, traffic today is 8 in Edmund Fitzgerald and 34 in Haneulgil but I am sure that is only because it is currently a 'dead end.'

Does anyone have any thoughts or other nominations?

image.thumb.png.3bf4734165caeb5fdcfe47b91c79928f.png

image.thumb.png.87cdce3b3310c302ec54e5ebc797fb66.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Three new regions here would make for much easier link between West and East Nautilus via Corsica.

The current routes require navigating treacherous narrow twisty turny diagonal passages through Corsica..  The drawn regions are between Zanuggia and Coviello (putting the channel one region to the west, might even be better).

wishing.jpg.345f587ed989bfc24d5b9a814eaa3db0.jpg.

• Like 2

I'd suggest submitting a Jira "feature request" for this rather than a forum post. That's what I did for that missing bit of road in Satori, and that got approved fairly quickly. The cut-through road that was added in the southern area of Satori earlier this year was also the result of submitting  a Jira (Aletta did that one). 

You can never be sure that the "right" people are reading your post on the forums.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lloyd Overland said:

Thank you so much!

I am just trying to fly over the route and landed on your new land. There should be somewhere to collate these maps for the more adverterous explorers :)

Routes like this are all dependant on good will and shared interests of the landowners. A parcel could be sold or abandoned land bought and the passage close again at any time. I think any collection of similar maps, likely to get obsolete quickly.

It is second parcel I have bought to open up the route.. I bought one in Bressimo a few years back now, the passage remained open for maybe a year before it got blocked again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

passage.png.b6caac4865bbd52f34297fa30c0ba1f0.png

I just completed the journey by boat and it was a great journey. I hardly needed the ban line HUD, partly because of the map above. I recommend this journey, and anyone wanting to start in the north west can rez at my open water land in Viticuso or one region to the west in the Milio Linden Rez Zone.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lloyd Overland said:

As those in the know will know if you aim your boat at speed at the left hand corner of this wall you can get across to the waterways beyond. However it does not always work and spoils the immersion for those like me who get into 'character' when sailing in SL. I realise that new regions cannot be spun up all over the place but I wanted to start this thread to see how many, or how few, other suggestions there are where navigation and user experience could be increased significantly.

My reason for nominating this location is that with the houseboats and old Bellisseria to the north what may have once been a backwater could now be a popular location for sailing and there would still be a region of separation to the fantasy island. I acknowledge that currently this area is quiet, traffic today is 8 in Edmund Fitzgerald and 34 in Haneulgil but I am sure that is only because it is currently a 'dead end.'

Does anyone have any thoughts or other nominations?

image.thumb.png.3bf4734165caeb5fdcfe47b91c79928f.png

image.thumb.png.87cdce3b3310c302ec54e5ebc797fb66.png

Do you own any land in that area?

37 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Do you own any land in that area?

I own a 512m open to all water plot (you can just see the LCC sky sign) where the green line is, the blue line is a Linden channel and the green box my proposal. 

Just to clarify the plot on the corner of Yongchon is a store that has been in that location since 2006, today's traffic is zero and I have just noticed that the wall is 4 meters back from the region and plot boundary suggesting perhaps that the owner tacitly allowed for access across the corner. It is actually easy to do now I realise that as you can cross into Yongchon in a small boat and then the crossing is a normal one into Haneulgil. Same in reverse. 

image.thumb.png.f0fbca5f9a45dcbc0f86eb1e8e73917a.png

image.png.03f282c7624ae769f9b41d4352f86eab.png

Edited by Lloyd Overland
Added new comments
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.