Help regarding buying lindens.

karenx0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been trying to buy lindens from a couple of time now, but have failed badly. I live in India, and the FAQ for the Lindens says that INR is not accepted. So, I'm guessing that's one reason I'm unable to buy Lindens using my MasterCard, or PayPal. But then I thought maybe I should try Skrill since I can covert INR to USD, and maybe that way I can buy it. So even after converting INR [Indian Rupees] to USD, I'm unable to buy it. I have a friend even she lives in India but has been able to buy lindens with her card. How and Why? I mean does the bank companies have a role to play in it as well? As in like not all banks accepts international transaction? I have activated my international transaction as well, but still it's a no from LindeX.

Help out?

7 answers to this question

By "verified", bigmoe means that the PayPal or Skrill account has to be backed up by a Real Life bank account or major credit card. See the payment service's instructions for how to do this.

It may also help to actually have the money you need for your purchase in the PayPal or Skrill account in advance. LL may not wait for the money to be transferred from your bank.

19 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

paypal has the choice in what currency you want, or even have two seperate ones

Well, Indian Paypal hasn't released the feature to convert INR to USD, so that's a BIG NO.

19 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

By "verified", bigmoe means that the PayPal or Skrill account has to be backed up by a Real Life bank account or major credit card. See the payment service's instructions for how to do this.

It may also help to actually have the money you need for your purchase in the PayPal or Skrill account in advance. LL may not wait for the money to be transferred from your bank.

I actually added a few amount to my Skrill Account using my real life bank account and then converted into USD. I was going to buy a very little amount of Lindens first to check if it goes through or not, so that would be like 2 usd. But seems like even after converting the available balance on my Skrill Account, didn't let me buy the Lindens. I'm not sure what wrong I'm doing in it. Although my friend has a different bank company than mine, does that play a role in it as well? I mean does the Bank itself has to be that's available internationally?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.