Someone should...

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Someone should bring back Hoppy Pay or something very like it. When I was a newbie, someone passed me this freebie HUD and it was how I found my way around Second Life and opened my mind to a little of what was out there. Generally someone who is able to entertain myself, sometimes it just was nice to escape into Second Life with no actual purpose or plan and click on the HUD, which would then give me a destination to teleport to. I seem to think I could read the description of what might be there - ie shopping, photographic, residential - and you got paid a few Linden dollars for visiting these places, so it was a little bit of spending money for this new girl! 

Generally there were genuine destinations at the end of each teleport, and it must have taken some organisation/collaboration by the creator(s) of Hoppy Pay, and it may not have been as lucrative as money trees and the like, but I guess it was like the Destination Guide, but with an added "randomiser" feature and a little bit of spending money.  

Of course, looking back, I expect a lot of people who had allowed Hoppy Pay to add their store or venue or scenic park land or whatever to the HUD had an ulterior motive of increasing traffic figures and hoped for future sales, and this certainly worked for me, as I think that was how I found out about my favourite pyjama store and somewhere else that sold dresses, and sometimes I had hair-raising moments where someone, perhaps for a joke, ensured there was a swarm of bees on my arrival that chased me off the sim! But I found all of it lots of fun. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.