New SL creator PLEASEEEE HELP ME

JinJun0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am entirely confused on where to start on SL to begin making a boutique. I created a marketplace store. I searched and searched YouTube for tutorial and All the information I received is that blender, marvelous designer, photoshop, avastar, and other programming tools are needed. I just want to know which one is the best. I want to understand the difference between, rigging, textures, BOM and all the different SL verbiage. And how do i get approved for kupra, legacy, maitreya body dev kits so I can become a fashion brand? 

WOW!  what you are asking for, took most of us ages to learn.  Some already were familiar with things like Photoshop and Blender etc. But if you are starting from scratch,  it is going to take you some time and probably some real $  to get where you want to go.  All the programs used to create clothing in SL require you to learn the program before you can start making things with them.  Most programs are costly.  However, if you want free you can start by getting Gimp which is a fee program that does some of what Photoshop does,  and get Blender a 3D program which is free.. When you learn to use these two tools you might be ready to try something for SL..  You need to know what they can do..  If you don't mind spending some money you can get Photoshop which is by far superior to Gimp.  

BOM means textures made for either body or clothing, on system layers they are not mesh so only a program like Photoshop or Gimp is needed to make BOM items.

Textures are the patterns that are applied to an item and are absolutely required for clothing of any kind, BOM or Mesh. 

Mesh is the clothing that is made in a 3D program like Blender, and marvelous designer, is a program that works with Blender specifically for making clothing.

as for getting approved for dev kits, you have to apply for one to each of the body creators you want to make for.

But for you, from what I am reading,  you need to start with the basics and learn the programs you will need to accomplish what you want to.

2 hours ago, JinJun0 said:

I am entirely confused on where to start on SL to begin making a boutique. I created a marketplace store. I searched and searched YouTube for tutorial and All the information I received is that blender, marvelous designer, photoshop, avastar, and other programming tools are needed. I just want to know which one is the best. I want to understand the difference between, rigging, textures, BOM and all the different SL verbiage. And how do i get approved for kupra, legacy, maitreya body dev kits so I can become a fashion brand? 

If you are a complete beginner with no experience in 3D, it is going to take months and months to learn. You may want to consider working with full perm clothing templates as a faster way, then you only need to learn texturing. The market is a bit saturated with these, but popular stores like Hilly Haalan and L E C A S T L E make their business using full perm clothing templates so you can definitely achieve a level of success if your textures are good and you market correctly. You can find templates on the marketplace under Building and Object Components - Mesh Creator Tools - Clothing. Then you will need to look for some tutorials on texturing the AO maps that come with the templates, there are definitely some on YouTube.

If you decide to learn how to create your own mesh, you won't get dev kits for popular bodies unless you are an established creator but other dev kits like Tonic will be available to you.

Good luck with your store and have fun.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.