How to have Several 'Magic Boxes' in just one prim? if you have several alts having shops

SnowWolf Weizhen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like it that i can have "several"  MagicBox scripts working in just  prim placed "Inside Secondlife"

I have several alts. it would be cool to have these alts' shops combined in 1 Prim Inworld.

So, several shops in "secondlife marketplace' from diffrent "alts'  placed in one nice shiny 'Magic Box" prim placed in world.

Any idea how to do that?

Surely im not the First one to come up with  this one? 

Monti Messmer wrote:

Haven´t tried this but can you put several magic boxes into a "standard" prim ?

The only need to do is about prim count. Either you have an army of alts or very limited prims :smileywink:

you cannot put a scripted object inside another object and have the scripts active. Unless the object is itself rezzed, it is merely "inventory" and the scripts will not be running so no, you cannot put a magic box inside a prim and have it work as a magic box.

If there are sufficient shops mandating that several alts all have their own representation, i'd have thought that a 512m2 plot of land supporting 112 prims would be no problem at all?  Sign up for an annual premium account and the difference between the cost and the pittance paid out is a handful of $.

I dont want to be forced into a 'Annual Premium account"  cause the only space im gonna need is space for 1 Prim.
For a year.

So. why have an "annual account"
Besides, i dont have a credit card. most of the people from the netherlands frown on CreditCards.

Here you have  normal  'Bank'  transactions. without some 'creditcardcompany'  trying to leach percentages of the money away...

I put money in secondlife thru websites like Dutcxchange..
I prefer not to be 'stuck' to a payment plan, thank you very much. 

I have already answered that, you cannot have scripts active which are inside an object inside a prim.  In that state they are not actively rezzed objects.  Cannot work.  End.

Wait for direct delivery.

I am puzzled though, several shops and yet renting say 6 prims (how many shops exactly?) which might cost maybe L$100 a month is a barrier to you?  Surely your income would be more than this mere cost of doing business.

Anyway, that's the answer, the options exist, cheapest one for you is do nothing, just wait for direct delivery when each avatar will be able to sell from inventory and no magic box needed.

Still won't work because once all those objects are dropped into the same magic box, the object is now owned by the owner of the prim, not the alt that dropped it.  You're seeking a solution which would require a lot of work to address, is trivial to address by just having one box per alt (seriously, renting half a dozen prims is a problem?) and finally, the problem that you're having will not be a problem in a very short time with Direct Delivery.

Give up, it's not going to happen your way and I can't believe that anyone with multiple shops that are making a profit will really be clawing at reducing say 6 prims to 1 as a prim save. Sorry, that's just my feelings on this. 

It appears that you are pretty new to this where Sassy knows her stuff and is one of the best in the game at this. My advice is that you take her as credible as she IS right on this and thank her rather than bad mouth her.

Her skills as a creator and a merchant surpass most in SL. She probably knows more than many Lindens.

Just some suggestions on civility as she is trying to help and you are in turn being obnoxious about it.

This is not an opinion it's f act. Read the Wiki if you want to learn.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

It appears that you are pretty new to this where Sassy knows her stuff and is one of the best in the game at this. My advice is that you take her as credible as she IS right on this and thank her rather than bad mouth her.

Her skills as a creator and a merchant surpass most in SL. She probably knows more than many Lindens.

Just some suggestions on civility as she is trying to help her and you are in turn being obnoxious about it.

This is not an opinion it's f act. Read the Wiki if you want to learn.

This. Applause.

SnowWolf Weizhen wrote:

if one script can be active in 1 prim. 

Why not have 2 scripts runnin in that same prim ?

Just a 'diffrent' script for each alts. and his "Sellable" items put in that prim too.. 

Scripting fundamentals aside, there's also the matter of a little thing called the permissions system.

Oh and, what Chelsea said ^

SnowWolf Weizhen wrote:

You are not a linden.

Your answer of 'NO' holds no real value.

Thank you for your opinion though. 

Oh well then. If you only want answers from those who 1) are Lindens or 2) will lie to you and say yes, just say so!

<facepalm>

No good deed goes unpunished.

As I have pointed out elsewhere, the number of magic boxes you need seems to have more to do with where you rez them than with what they contain, and delivery failures are customer-specific, not related to how many boxes you have or how many things you have inside them.

I have over 600 items in one box and it's working every bit as well as it ever did with fewer than 100 items.

Please feel free to contact me in-world if you would like to know where my box is rezzed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.