Morality and Law

Ayeleeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, xLunaea said:

Those who govern us pass unjust laws.

"If corruption becomes legal, is it still corruption?"

But, if it's still the law, you need to follow it, change it or suffer the consequences.  There will always be laws that someone will find unjust.  If enough people feel.that way, it can change.  You just can't disagree and do as you please without regard to the consequences.  People have tried that with the tax laws.  Some win, most don't.  

Edited by Rowan Amore

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But, if it's still the law, you need to follow it, change it or suffer the consequences.  There will always be laws that someone will find unjust.  If enough people feel.that way, it can change.  You just can't disagree and do as you please without regard to the consequences.  People have tried that with the tax laws.  Some win, most don't.  

Most people don't know that unjust laws are being passed. There are thousands of pages of manipulative language in legal documents, with crucial tidbits that are often overlooked. Those tidbits can have huge ramifications. I am from the U.S., and I have looked through many legal documents that hide things that the unsuspecting public would be against. If corruption becomes legal, it is still corruption, and it is not something that should be followed. Unfortunately, many will not realize nor understand that. And once a law is passed (over here, at least) it is difficult to change/get rid of it.

Edited by xLunaea

11 minutes ago, xLunaea said:

Most people don't know that unjust laws are being passed. There are thousands of pages of manipulative language in legal documents, with crucial tidbits that are often overlooked. Those tidbits can have huge ramifications. I am from the U.S., and I have looked through many legal documents that hide things that the unsuspecting public would be against. If corruption becomes legal, it is still corruption, and it is not something that should be followed. Unfortunately, many will not realize nor understand that. And once a law is passed (over here, at least) it is difficult to change/get rid of it.

I think you made a mistake there, that is called legal jargon. You know the language that they use and lawyers and politicians understand. I mean in that logic, medical jargon must be manipulative as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I think you made a mistake there, that is called legal jargon. You know the language that they use and lawyers and politicians understand. I mean in that logic, medical jargon must be manipulative as well.

Maybe I should call it that from now on, but it is still manipulative language at the end of the day. xD And yes, health practitioners/scientists can also be bought off just as easily as politicians.

Just now, xLunaea said:

Maybe I should call it that from now on, but it is still manipulative language at the end of the day. xD And yes, health practitioners/scientists can also be bought off just as easily as politicians.

Can you please cite your sources on how the government is trying to brainwash us. I mean any language can be construed as manipulative. But due to the fact that we can't understand it, as we are not politicians or lawyers. Doesn't make it evil or manipulative.

47 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Can you please cite your sources on how the government is trying to brainwash us. I mean any language can be construed as manipulative. But due to the fact that we can't understand it, as we are not politicians or lawyers. Doesn't make it evil or manipulative.

I don't really know how to give you sources on this. It is something I learned over looking at various content provided on the internet and reading books, and it took years. I don't look at anything mainstream. And I don't use mainstream search browsers. If you decide to look into it, 90% of mainstream media is owned by 6 corporations. People often like to dismiss "conspiracy theorists." But they also don't know the definition of conspiracy. To question is never to conspire.

Edited by xLunaea

42 minutes ago, xLunaea said:

If corruption becomes legal, it is still corruption, and it is not something that should be followed.

Are you talking about some specific law?  Or do you mean a law YOU think is corrupt?  Or do you mean unfair or unjust?  I'm a bit confused as to what law or laws specifically you feel it's alright to disregard. Who decides which laws those might be?   Aside from old laws like 'you can't walk.your mule on the sidewalk on Sundays' type laws.

• Like 1

Interesting points thus far. Now how about this example of the law...

577000255-lefunny_net-funny-jokes-funny-

And now onto the topic of Manipulation (which is a long discussion in and of itself btw)...

1416874632-quote-Philip-K_-Dick-the-basi

327420722-the-future-author-is-one-who-d

manipulation-quotes-8.jpg

And lastly, since I still love cats, how about a funny one remind people in general to smile and enjoy the gifts that life gives us...

6ed36e599a908f514feb22e99b.jpg

Peace (and whiskers too)...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are you talking about some specific law?  Or do you mean a law YOU think is corrupt?  Or do you mean unfair or unjust?  I'm a bit confused as to what law or laws specifically you feel it's alright to disregard. Who decides which laws those might be?   Aside from old laws like 'you can't walk.your mule on the sidewalk on Sundays' type laws.

I would assume that what was said was more of a philosophical point rather then a specific law. But then again, I did just say (write) the word assume, and we all know what happens when we assume lol... 🤔

Peace...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

I would assume that what was said was more of a philosophical point rather then a specific law. But then again, I did just say (write) the word assume, and we all know what happens when we assume lol... 🤔

Peace...

Philosophical or not, just because you feel a law is corrupt doesn't mean you can use that as a defense when you break it and have to suffer the consequences.  "I didn't think it was fair" isn't a valid defense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Philosophical or not, just because you feel a law is corrupt doesn't mean you can use that as a defense when you break it and have to suffer the consequences.  "I didn't think it was fair" isn't a valid defense.

I am speaking generally about unfair/unjust laws that are passed without citizens ever knowing, because of thousands of pages of "legal jargon,"  as Sammy put it. I am not speaking about a specific law. Otherwise, a specific law would have been stated.

• Confused 1

Just now, xLunaea said:

I am speaking generally about unfair/unjust laws that are passed without citizens ever knowing, because of thousands of pages of "legal jargon,"  as Sammy put it. I am not speaking about a specific law. Otherwise, a specific law would have been stated.

Ok, understood.  You break that law.  What is your defense?  It's unfair?  Good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, xLunaea said:

So, what if there is a law that infringes upon your freedom in some way? Are you the type that is going to sit by and abide by it?

Until it's changed, yes.  Do I want to risk prosecution?  Jail?  No thanks.  Instead, you work to change it.  

If everyone just ran around doing whatever the hell they pleased just because the felt a law was unfair...well...ANARCHY!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Until it's changed, yes.  Do I want to risk prosecution?  Jail?  No thanks.  Instead, you work to change it.  

If everyone just ran around doing whatever the hell they pleased just because the felt a law was unfair...well...ANARCHY!

To others, risking their jobs, their relationships, and prosecution is worth freedom. Freedom is priceless. Without freedom, over here, you're worth $5million. Life has a price tag.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, xLunaea said:

To others, risking their jobs, their relationships, and prosecution is worth freedom. Freedom is priceless. Without freedom, over here, you're worth $5million. Life has a price tag.

What are we gonna do with you, lawless Luna?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moondira said:

What if your child was starving. Who would break the law to steal food for them?

No one. Because civilized people don’t steal. They support each other. If my neighbor and her kids were starving, I would buy them groceries and hook them up with the local food bank. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chris Nova said:

No one. Because civilized people don’t steal. They support each other. If my neighbor and her kids were starving, I would buy them groceries and hook them up with the local food bank. 

Yeah but this is hypothetical. And what if nobody would buy food for you and your child and there was no way for you to get it? So here your child is starving, would you let them starve or would you steal some food for them?

5 minutes ago, Moondira said:

Yeah but this is hypothetical. And what if nobody would buy food for you and your child and there was no way for you to get it? So here your child is starving, would you let them starve or would you steal some food for them?

What are you getting at?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.