Question about buying a full region through LL + INFO Locations

Chris Corvinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Awhile ago I did purchase a full region through LL. It never crossed my mind until now that if I ever wanted or needed to let it go....what I should do. Do I contact the Lab and let them know I no longer have use for it and to take it back or is my only option to try and sell it? It just never occurred to me since there's literally zero info about that topic under Browse Land on their site and all throughout the buying process so I naturally assumed I could cancel at any time (even though it didn't say that either). I have seen others selling their regions here but I thought that was optional.

Edited by Chris Nova
  • Like 1

Offer it for sale via the appropriate Second Life Forum.

Regions for Sale: Full Private Island - Second Life Community

I think buyer and seller then both open support tickets to initiate transfer of ownership and billing.  You can, of course, skip the "advertising" step if you already have a buyer.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

Offer it for sale via the appropriate Second Life Forum.

Regions for Sale: Full Private Island - Second Life Community

I think buyer and seller then both open support tickets to initiate transfer of ownership and billing.  You can, of course, skip the "advertising" step if you already have a buyer.

And thats the only option I have?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you can sell it, or contact LL and they will take it offline, but only when you sell it to another resident you will get some money back... LL won't pay for it.

Oh ok, thank you! I don’t expect LL to pay for it….I pay for it xD. I just like having the option to turn it off rather than waste time trying to selling it. I might sell it too tho. I just like having options.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Oh ok, thank you! I don’t expect LL to pay for it….I pay for it xD. I just like having the option to turn it off rather than waste time trying to selling it. I might sell it too tho. I just like having options.

when you price your region reasonable it will be gone in a day ( or two :)  ) don't forget to read the part about transferfees

Transferring or canceling Private Region ownership

You have a couple of options:

• You may transfer ownership of the Private Region to another Resident. This requires both you and the buyer to enter support tickets with certain details about the transaction. See Managing Private Regions for more details on the transfer process, cost, and timeframe.
  • You may abandon your Private Region to Linden Lab. There is no fee to do so. No refunds will be given, and you will have the use of your region until the end of the current billing cycle. You need to notify the Concierge staff of your intention by submitting a ticket.
    1. Go to the Support Portal and click New Ticket Submission.
    2. In the Ticket Type dropdown, select Land and Region Issues.
    3. In the Region Request dropdown, select Region Cancellation Request.
    4. Fill out the requested details, and at the bottom, click Finish to submit the ticket.

You can see billing dates and fees for all of your Private Regions at the Land Portal. If your Private Region fees are invoiced, you can see the date your billing cycle ends by logging into your Netsuite account.

Note: If your next billing date falls within 5 business days of when you submit the ticket, please notify Concierge by phone or chat, so that you will not be billed automatically. Provide your ticket number in that conversation.

When your ticket is processed, you'll receive a response indicating that the region will be taken offline on its next billing date and that you will not be charged any further maintenance fees. Please pick up or return any content on the region; any inventory remaining after the billing date will be deleted.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

when you price your region reasonable it will be gone in a day ( or two :)  ) don't forget to read the part about transferfees

Transferring or canceling Private Region ownership

You have a couple of options:

• You may transfer ownership of the Private Region to another Resident. This requires both you and the buyer to enter support tickets with certain details about the transaction. See Managing Private Regions for more details on the transfer process, cost, and timeframe.
  • You may abandon your Private Region to Linden Lab. There is no fee to do so. No refunds will be given, and you will have the use of your region until the end of the current billing cycle. You need to notify the Concierge staff of your intention by submitting a ticket.
    1. Go to the Support Portal and click New Ticket Submission.
    2. In the Ticket Type dropdown, select Land and Region Issues.
    3. In the Region Request dropdown, select Region Cancellation Request.
    4. Fill out the requested details, and at the bottom, click Finish to submit the ticket.

You can see billing dates and fees for all of your Private Regions at the Land Portal. If your Private Region fees are invoiced, you can see the date your billing cycle ends by logging into your Netsuite account.

Note: If your next billing date falls within 5 business days of when you submit the ticket, please notify Concierge by phone or chat, so that you will not be billed automatically. Provide your ticket number in that conversation.

When your ticket is processed, you'll receive a response indicating that the region will be taken offline on its next billing date and that you will not be charged any further maintenance fees. Please pick up or return any content on the region; any inventory remaining after the billing date will be deleted.

Where is this info even located? They really should have this kind of thing available to read BEFORE purchasing. Prolly the wiki or some crap…the way they have their info spread out all over the place is insanity.

edit: there’s transfer fees??? How much is that? Where is that located? It’s own section? Lmao

Edited by Chris Nova

1 minute ago, Chris Nova said:

Where is this info even located? ... the way they have their info spread out all over the place is insanity.

is here: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000134544-region-transfer-guidelines

and you are right.  Linden have official helpy stuff stuck all over the place. Official stuff should all be in the official Knowledge Base. And thats it

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

is here: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000134544-region-transfer-guidelines

and you are right.  Linden have official helpy stuff stuck all over the place. Official stuff should all be in the official Knowledge Base. And thats it

Aahhhh. There it is. $300 transfer fee for a full region. Holy sh**. The only way I’ll make money is if I price my region at $600 and walk away with half. Be easier just to send a ticket to LL and have them take it back. Thank you.

• Chris Corvinus changed the title to Question about buying a full region through LL + INFO Locations
4 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

So all this info is scattered between wikis, knowledge base, and helpdesk. Wow. What a clusterf**k. If they updated their info, why can’t they delete the old stuff? 

All mine were from the knowledge base.

Edited by Rowan Amore

2 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Aahhhh. There it is. $300 transfer fee for a full region. Holy sh**. The only way I’ll make money is if I price my region at $600 and walk away with half. Be easier just to send a ticket to LL and have them take it back. Thank you.

Calm down and read. https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/managing-private-regions-r50/

You have a regular region or a grandfathered region? Grandfather is $300 to transfer, regular regions are $100. How much do you pay in tier each month? If it's a regular region and you pay $229, just submit a ticket to turn it off (FREE). If you sell it, you'll hardly make any money, and besides, if you bought it recently, you only paid $349 and they gave you 1 month free tier, worth $229, so you actually "paid" $120. So you're out $120, but you could also be out $229 tier again, so just let it go. Resale value for non-grandfather is kind of nothing. 

The Wiki is a great source of info.

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

even for 100 or 150 usd people get at least something back.
For sure when there is some Maintenance fee time left ( private regions have nó tier)
... that you'r so loaded doesn't mean everybody is.

Buying a used region is almost always a bad investment unless you’re getting nearly a month tier. And the transfer fee of $100 nobody gets to keep except Linden Lab. I already mathed it for you, the actual “cost” of a region is $120 US because of tue month of free tier? So is the seller going to sell the region for $20US + transfer fee of $100 that he doesn’t keep? With exactly 30 days tier left. Keep your snark to yourself :) 

19 hours ago, yestothis said:

Calm down and read. https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/managing-private-regions-r50/

You have a regular region or a grandfathered region? Grandfather is $300 to transfer, regular regions are $100. How much do you pay in tier each month? If it's a regular region and you pay $229, just submit a ticket to turn it off (FREE). If you sell it, you'll hardly make any money, and besides, if you bought it recently, you only paid $349 and they gave you 1 month free tier, worth $229, so you actually "paid" $120. So you're out $120, but you could also be out $229 tier again, so just let it go. Resale value for non-grandfather is kind of nothing. 

The Wiki is a great source of info.

I'm going to assume you didn't see this:

21 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Oh I read the first one wrong. Non-grandfathered is $100. But this one has levels??? What’s that even mean? And why is this crap so damn confusing

edit: jesus, maybe I do need to read. I need more coffee too. Carry on!

Edited by Chris Nova

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2021 at 1:27 AM, yestothis said:

if you bought it recently, you only paid $349 and they gave you 1 month free tier, worth $229, so you actually "paid" $120

It's not free. 
You pay $349 to set it up. After that you will pay your tier always AFTERWARDS. Meaning the first time one pays the $229 they paid for the previous month and so forth.. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.