Setting up land group, question

Kira Skydancer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

New to buying/selling land. I do have a group. A friend wants to contribute tier, but not get proceeds, to the group, to help me out with buying a couple juicy bits of land (I cannot afford more tier if it takes a while to sell them, she has unused tier she wants to donate to the project).

So, how would I set a role up for her? I don't see a specific "donate tier" Ability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

New to buying/selling land. I do have a group. A friend wants to contribute tier, but not get proceeds, to the group, to help me out with buying a couple juicy bits of land (I cannot afford more tier if it takes a while to sell them, she has unused tier she wants to donate to the project).

So, how would I set a role up for her? I don't see a specific "donate tier" Ability.

your friend donates tier in the Land/Assets section:

there is a picture of this in the Knowledge Base (under the heading: Remove your existing land contribution)

your friend can be in the Everyone role to do this

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 2:35 PM, So Whimsy said:

Your friend will have to donate the tier to the group, not you. If that was possible group owners could abuse it to hell and back.

Anyone can donate tier to a group who has tier, owner or anyone else. @So Whimsy I'm not sure what your point is, because the owner of land, if he wants to group it, obviously has to be able to donate land, and can only donate what he has paid in tier, so it's hard to see where the "abuse" comes in?

If they don't have enough tier, it won't work. 

You go on the group menu, tab over to "land" and type in the amount you wish to donate, i.e. 512 or any amount, then click "save". You will get a 10% bonus with each donation and that's what you have to cover land when buying "for group".

It's up to you as the group owner to make a role for those who donate that you give them. Go through all the role abilities and make sure that donors do not have the "sell land" or "parcel land" ability.

Likely as a donor you will want to give her "officer" status, i.e. the ability to return non-group prims, deed group objects, move or delete group objects, put in music, change parcel title -- or not. The roles are granulated for all kinds of purposes so study them and pick out what works for you.

I have a tutorial on group land here at Memory Bazaar in Ross with a visual example of where things can go wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Anyone can donate tier to a group who has tier, owner or anyone else. @So Whimsy I'm not sure what your point is, because the owner of land, if he wants to group it, obviously has to be able to donate land, and can only donate what he has paid in tier, so it's hard to see where the "abuse" comes in?

If they don't have enough tier, it won't work. 

You go on the group menu, tab over to "land" and type in the amount you wish to donate, i.e. 512 or any amount, then click "save". You will get a 10% bonus with each donation and that's what you have to cover land when buying "for group".

It's up to you as the group owner to make a role for those who donate that you give them. Go through all the role abilities and make sure that donors do not have the "sell land" or "parcel land" ability.

Likely as a donor you will want to give her "officer" status, i.e. the ability to return non-group prims, deed group objects, move or delete group objects, put in music, change parcel title -- or not. The roles are granulated for all kinds of purposes so study them and pick out what works for you.

I have a tutorial on group land here at Memory Bazaar in Ross with a visual example of where things can go wrong.

What I was sayig is, that each individual has to donate their tier to the group themselves. The OP wanted to donate another person's tier to the group which isn't possible for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 2:42 AM, So Whimsy said:

What I was sayig is, that each individual has to donate their tier to the group themselves. The OP wanted to donate another person's tier to the group which isn't possible for obvious reasons.

I understood it as the Group owner wants to accept the donor’ s tier.  I was happy to learn that the Everyone Role has this Ability as a given 🥰🤓

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.