Assymetric Tattoos

Topo Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK i know how to apply assymetric tattoos using Slink Assymetric harness. What I need to know now is how do i actually go about making assyemtric tattoos for BOM. If there are any resources online showing how this is done i'd be greatful and yes i have googled and not found anything as yet.

Edited by Topo Nightfire

You can't make BOM asymmetric tattoos because it's based on the system skin which only has mirrored arms. The harness adds applier tattoo/clothing layers to your BOM arms. I haven't done it but as far as I can tell you make a BOM tattoo for only the torso and legs, with the arms blank, then you make an applier tattoo for only the arms. How to make an applier tattoo for Slink? You can ask Slink for an applier dev kit.

You sort of have it, yes. Depends on what you mean by "mutually exclusive" and "layers".

I would say BOM and Appliers are mutually exclusive in Slink bodies. BOM=Redux & Appliers=Classic. This is Slink's nomenclature.

BoM uses system layers and therefore lacks onionskin layering. Appliers use multiple copiews of the body as layers thus the name 'onionskin bodies'. Obviously two different kinds of layers. BOM bodies may have few onionskin layers for things like asymmetric tats. BOM heads often have layers of onionskin for makeup. Those layers can be turned off or simply not used. Instead the BOM skin can use the system layers for tats and makeup. So, system and applier layers are not "mutually exclusive" as they can both be used by the designer. But, we are limited to what they decide.

Said for practical simplicity, yes... mutually exclusive. But, for an advanced user... it is more complex and there are more options, so no.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, Jennifer Boyle said:

Just curious. I thought BOM and layers were mutually exclusive for Slink bodies, with Redux bodies that have no layers being necessary for BOM.

Is that incorrect?

BTW, asymmetric arm tattoos are easy with Maitreya. You just wear two tattoo layers with opposite arms hidden.

You only need to use 1 tattoo applier layer to get asymmetric arm tatts with the Maitreya body.  This is achieved by using the Selection Mode to select and de-select areas on the mannequin, on the Layers tab;   https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/layers-page.html

On 9/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, Jennifer Boyle said:

Just curious. I thought BOM and layers were mutually exclusive for Slink bodies, with Redux bodies that have no layers being necessary for BOM.

Is that incorrect?

BTW, asymmetric arm tattoos are easy with Maitreya. You just wear two tattoo layers with opposite arms hidden.

The Slink Asymmetry Harness is what Slink uses to add applier layers to only the arms, from what I've read. It's an extra attachment you wear with the redux body.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.