Logging out within a minute due to "connection ping time is over 600ms"

charlottethegiantess

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Howdy!

So i've been trying to log into Second Life recently and i keep getting booted out pretty much within a minute of loading. In that period i can easily walk around and send messages but it decides to boot me out. It's saying the Connection ping time is over 600ms. I am using wifi as i don't have ethernet access. I have tried the method of changing the DNS settings to google as well as i saw that in a few posts but that doesn't seem to work.

It's been happing on both Firestorm and the main SL viewer as well as i thought maybe switching viewers could help?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Charlotte

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, charlottethegiantess said:

Howdy!

So i've been trying to log into Second Life recently and i keep getting booted out pretty much within a minute of loading. In that period i can easily walk around and send messages but it decides to boot me out. It's saying the Connection ping time is over 600ms. I am using wifi as i don't have ethernet access. I have tried the method of changing the DNS settings to google as well as i saw that in a few posts but that doesn't seem to work.

It's been happing on both Firestorm and the main SL viewer as well as i thought maybe switching viewers could help?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Charlotte

I'm affraid if the connection itself is bad, and you can't use wired, the only thing that will help is move closer to a better accessppoint

4 hours ago, charlottethegiantess said:

Howdy!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Charlotte

Is this something that has just started happening?  Have you been able to run on this specific WiFi connection before?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.