How do I sell 1024 mainland to a specific Premium friend... without a random resident snapping it up at low price?

Shyla Starflare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Another tip for selling land to people when you’d like to leave the landscaping and decor is for the Seller to join the Group the Buyer will set the land to and set all objects on the land you wish to that Buyer’s Group and on the General tab of the Edit window select Share (with the BUYERS Group- this will allow the Buyer to edit Yes Modify objects.  Then choose Sell Objects with land.  When the Buyer pays and title transfers…leave the default land transfer setting while the Buyer checks all is set.  Go to About Land and check for Objects owned by others.  Those will be returned once the Buyer chooses a Return Objects amount of time.  Once all is checked (and double-checked) the Seller can leave the Buyer’s chosen Group and all those objects will be there for the new owner. ❤️ 

I’m not sure I explained everything correctly or concisely, but maybe someone else does this also and can clarify if needed 💕. Have a great day!

Edited by BJoyful
Wrong party, lol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 3:28 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

This image shows you how

34385iF12DD1534F2BF24F.png.1e22c04e11b4223e6ea72302391bb1cd.png

This is exactly what you have to do. If it is in a group, first sell it to yourself to take it out of the group, putting your own name in the box.

Then put the person's name in the box and make sure all three boxes are green and checked when you click the last button to sell it.

It used to be a decade ago you had to seriously worry about the swoopers, especially on First Land, and you had not a minute to spare if you messed up as they had bots to move faster than you could. And most of them would not give your land back, and Lindens don't get involved.

Today? You cannot give this land away. Even waterfront. The going price for waterfront can go as low as 0.4/m -- I mean if you set it to sale instantly, hoping a bot will eat it, and it will flip and stay for a high price -- which is frankly better than abandoned now, when anything can happen!

Inland flat nothing? 0.3/m, the liquidation price, is simply not enough. 0.2 or 0.1 even might get that bot to your door. But you might wait hours. It is really surprising to me, but it's because there is both a land glut, and the Lindens are moving faster on the auction.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.