New user not found

Kytteh Wytchwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Yep and they will get the born on date of their first login too.  I've got a few resident accounts sitting idle that once I log them in it will show them just born, but they was made 10 years ago.

That might have been true once upon a time, but not now.  I just checked search for an account that I created in May of this year but have not yet logged in.  I even checked my Firestorm and Secondlife 'apps/roaming' folders to confirm the account had never logged in.   I cannot find the account via the Web search, but the profile does already exist - I can get to it via Firestorm's legacy People search and has the 'born' date as the date that I created the account back in May.

2 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I invited a person to join SL. They said they made an account but haven't logged in-world yet. Do they have to login first for it to register with the search function? 

I've tried both in-world and the website, and the name doesn't appear.

as far i know.. yes, they need to have been logged inworld first to be searchable

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I invited a person to join SL. They said they made an account but haven't logged in-world yet. Do they have to login first for it to register with the search function? 

I've tried both in-world and the website, and the name doesn't appear.

I'm pretty sure their Web profile won't show in search until they log in, but I think their Legacy profile (viewable in Firestorm and maybe other TPV) can be found shortly after account creation.

Even if they do log in, the web search is FUBAR and thus you still may not find them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as far i know.. yes, they need to have been logged inworld first to be searchable

Yep and they will get the born on date of their first login too.  I've got a few resident accounts sitting idle that once I log them in it will show them just born, but they was made 10 years ago.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That might have been true once upon a time, but not now.  I just checked search for an account that I created in May of this year but have not yet logged in.  I even checked my Firestorm and Secondlife 'apps/roaming' folders to confirm the account had never logged in.   I cannot find the account via the Web search, but the profile does already exist - I can get to it via Firestorm's legacy People search and has the 'born' date as the date that I created the account back in May.

dang, okay, I had a plan for november that's going to get goofed up, they should of left it alone.  lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.