lelutka evo x update makeup question...

Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sandra8675 said:

Can i still wear my evo makeup on the evo x head?  or is it totally different makeup?  ty  will my evo makeup appliers work on the evo x head?  ty

Edited by Rowan Amore
Misread the quesrion

1 minute ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

What's the classic mode good for then? I thought you had the choice between "Evo" mode and "Evo X" mode, the latter picking the new HD UV, while the other retained the old mapping, including skins.

Well, yeah, there's that option. But then you're using the Evo UVs, so you can't use an Evo X BoM skin + Evo BoM makeup, or an Evo BoM skin + Evo X BoM makeup. You gotta pick one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't realize the evo x had a classic mode so u can switch.  Was hesitant to get the update since I've spend so much time and money on the evo makeup/ skins, etc...  I have about 6 lelutka heads but they are not that old at all.  so this change is uneasy for me.  If i can switch back and forth from classic to evo x it would make me feel better.  I was told by some that evo skin looks fine on the evo x but i will have to see for myself.  *  This is just a sidenote that has nothing at all to do with lelutka.  But...  I have the catwa hd pro head and with the naked eye notice basically no difference between the hd pro skin and the skin that works on classic catwa heads of which i have several.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

If i can switch back and forth from classic to evo x it would make me feel better.  I was told by some that evo skin looks fine on the evo x but i will have to see for myself.

In the head HUD you can switch between Evo and EvoX modes. All Evo skins (BOM) will look perfect in Evo mode.
(EvoX mode naturally will need skins specifically made for EvoX.)

a05901bb68c9ef88ef2d2e7306beff52.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

In the head HUD you can switch between Evo and EvoX modes. All Evo skins (BOM) will look perfect in Evo mode.
(EvoX mode naturally will need skins specifically made for EvoX.)

a05901bb68c9ef88ef2d2e7306beff52.png

Don't mind buying a skin...  but the makeup!  no!  i cannot tell u how much time and patience it took me to located lelutka makeup i liked because i had none.  the switch looks easy enough so i will try.  i wish i understood why the mapping had to be so very different.  because again about catwa....  the catwa hd pro head can still wear bom makeup and hairbases that also work on the classic catwa heads.

6 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

Don't mind buying a skin...  but the makeup!  no!  i cannot tell u how much time and patience it took me to located lelutka makeup i liked because i had none.  the switch looks easy enough so i will try.  i wish i understood why the mapping had to be so very different.  because again about catwa....  the catwa hd pro head can still wear bom makeup and hairbases that also work on the classic catwa heads.

With the EvoX enabled heads there is no absolute need to use the EvoX mode at all. They all still have the standard Evo mode available. So you can still use all your earlier BOM skins, BOM hairbases, BOM makeups and BOM tattoos by switching to Evo mode in the HUD. All HD makeups work on both modes (Evo and EvoX) without any change. So there is no problem because all earlier content will work in the updated heads.

Then why EvoX mode was implemented in addition to Evo mode? The EvoX mode UV map has larger texture area for the head compared to the Evo mode. So the EvoX head skin has a little bit more detail than Evo mode skin. Anyway the increase in the head face detail is rather small, you really need to zoom very close to the face to see any difference between EvoX and Evo skins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

With the EvoX enabled heads there is no absolute need to use the EvoX mode at all. They all still have the standard Evo mode available. So you can still use all your earlier BOM skins, BOM hairbases, BOM makeups and BOM tattoos by switching to Evo mode in the HUD. All HD makeups work on both modes (Evo and EvoX) without any change. So there is no problem because all earlier content will work in the updated heads.

Then why EvoX mode was implemented in addition to Evo mode? The EvoX mode UV map has larger texture area for the head compared to the Evo mode. So the EvoX head skin has a little bit more detail than Evo mode skin. Anyway the increase in the head face detail is rather small, you really need to zoom very close to the face to see any difference between EvoX and Evo skins.

i agree...  as i stated earlier the 'improvement' for the hd catwa heads is not something i can notice with my naked eye.  i will see how i feel about evo x.  but i do like the elf ears.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.