How Does Your SL Look Today?

Raiding one of my alts inventories while decorating my m'alt's temporary house. I was trying for a bachelor pad type of look.  I am still not sure how I am going to use a square light probe to light the vaulted ceiling.  I'll have to play around a bit.

image.thumb.jpeg.81d34f33eff1aa3a2d716d32e85ab4ca.jpeg

This was another decorating opportunity. Here's my m'alt waiting patiently while I decorate another house. I am not sure if this decorating style even has a name - I guess it's "whatever Cinn felt looked nice at the time" It did have a loose geometry theme, though.

image.thumb.jpeg.2b55c78373589cf221c1518d8f1cab72.jpeg

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

was exploring and found this lol:

image.thumb.png.11a9fcfbdbf22df7f6fd197f2566e952.png

I wonder if that guy is a bot, so the homeowner is being funny.

People have complained, however, about others doing strange things on their land, similar to this and even worse.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I wonder if that guy is a bot, so the homeowner is being funny.

It's just a mesh thing. Owned by the homeowner

Sigh...I was hoping perhaps you'd caught a crime in action!!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was advised that an art gallery full of portraits of different women might not be the most appropriate thing for a guy pursuing a relationship with a girl, so I replaced to first floor pictures with pictures of butterflies.

At my gallery

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

I was advised that an art gallery full of portraits of different women might not be the most appropriate thing for a guy pursuing a relationship with a girl, so I replaced to first floor pictures with pictures of butterflies.

At my gallery

*hears alarm bells reading this*

Add some pics of men. Then it's a gallery full of people.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

*hears alarm bells reading this*

Add some pics of men. Then it's a gallery full of people.

I was also told if I used my alt Lilly I could get some guys to sit for a portrait.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

@Cinnamon Mistwood's alt and I experimenting with another one of my old female alts yesterday. I haven't had her online in a year or two. Cinny has some great ideas!!! Much different than what my alt originally was!!! LOL, I'm still not fully grasping, as you can clearly see!!!

Cinny and Toy.png

Cinny and Toy with hand on Face.png

Edited by SandorWren
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)

It HAS been a bit of a nightmare working with my old alt account. It was originally meant as something @PermaRuthedand I had planned to make people laugh. I was trying to find free things so she could suddenly turn ultra sexy. We never finished the project for some reason I can't remember. Perm, do you remember?. Anyways, I don't have a thing sorted properly, and I even have some outfits directly worn from my "received items". Uggh!!!! After several hours of working on it, I took a break by working on my last two pics, and took a couple today This one has new hair. I ended up liking this one. I played with my EEP's, and what I saw kind of inspired me as an @Scylla Rhiadralook. Except there isn't any actual deep sociological meaning behind mine. Well, maybe there is though. And it IS an important one. The meaning behind most of my pics is all about the people I'm with, and how important they are to me!!!

Toy Face.png

Edited by SandorWren
  • Like 7

On 8/21/2024 at 4:00 PM, BillFletcher said:

I was also told if I used my alt Lilly I could get some guys to sit for a portrait.

On the few occasions I have had requests to model for pics by men, it's generally been suggested that I should do so in the nude.

I of course have always said no.

Now, if they'd promised that THEY would be nude, and I fully clothed, my response might have been different.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, SandorWren said:

It HAS been a bit of a nightmare working with my old alt account. It was originally meant as something @PermaRuthedand I had planned to make people laugh. I was trying to find free things so she could suddenly turn ultra sexy. We never finished the project for some reason I can't remember. Perm, do you remember?. Anyways, I don't have a thing sorted properly, and I even have some outfits directly worn from my "received items". Uggh!!!! After several hours of working on it, I took a break with my last two pics, and just took a couple of pics today This one has new hair. I ended up with this one. I played with my EEP's, and what I saw kind of inspired me as an @Scylla Rhiadralook. Except there isn't any actual deep sociological meaning behind mine. Well, maybe there is though. And it IS an important one. The meaning behind most of my pics is all about the people I'm with, and how important they are to me!!!

Toy Face.png

Nah, you've got your own style and look, and it's a good one.

Nice pic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Nah, you've got your own style and look, and it's a good one.

Nice pic!

Ours pics definitely have different styles. The dark moodiness reminded me of yours. Not the same, but art builds from one person to the next by inspiration.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

On the few occasions I have had requests to model for pics by men, it's generally been suggested that I should do so in the nude.

I of course have always said no.

Now, if they'd promised that THEY would be nude, and I fully clothed, my response might have been different.

If only Caitlin would remove this stupid cage....

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have never asked anyone to do that, I always let the model decide what to wear, and some do choose to be nude. I have had some actually complain, You are the artist, you should decide what I wear. But I want to capture you for who you are, not some fantasy I might think up about you. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

I have never asked anyone to do that, I always let the model decide what to wear, and some do choose to be nude. I have had some actually complain, You are the artist, you should decide what I wear. But I want to capture you for who you are, not some fantasy I might think up about you. 

I see where you're going with this. But I don't think it's possible in a posed setting with a stranger though. Personally, I feel the only way of capturing someone for who they are is by being a part of their life, and them being a part of ours. Then taking random shots. If we know someone well, then we CAN ask them to pose, and capture who they are, because then we, as the artists already know who they are.

Edited by SandorWren
spelling correction
  • Like 2

I'm confused about this thread. I see  people frequently posting pictures of their avatars and alts of their alts of their friends alts avatars, but there's a thread for that in the avatar forum. Is this one supposed to be pictures of sl or....??

• Like 3