How Does Your SL Look Today?

On 5/21/2024 at 9:44 PM, Hymn Celestia said:

More water-staring.  In the absence of "the real thing," this suffices.

Snapshot_010.png

This has been one of my favourite things to do in SL since forever, ngl :D Just plop myself on a chair in front of the 'sea' and listen to the sounds.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Setting up booth at Sci Fi Con.  Opens tomorrow.  No idea if you can get in early but if you do be careful of kiosks and vendors in case they still need setting.

TE at Sci Fi Con

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You asked.

We heard you.

LL-Is-Coming-For-Your-Children-Blank.thumb.png.2216afa7dac6f056cefced9020aff6d7.png

Just to clarify, I don't support banning people who have child AV's, or forcing people who have one to suddenly abandon the time, effort, and expense they have put into them. Bill Fletcher pointed out a perfectly valid reason for someone to have one with Cosette. My view is simply that child AV's shouldn't have been allowed to exist from the beginning, in a virtual world where everyone  has to be at least over 16.  A griefer with a child AV has the potential to cause very serious damage to a person. not only in SL, but in RL as well. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Just to clarify, I don't support banning people who have child AV's, or forcing people who have one to suddenly abandon the time, effort, and expense they have put into them. Bill Fletcher pointed out a perfectly valid reason for someone to have one with Cosette. My view is simply that child AV's shouldn't have been allowed to exist from the beginning, in a virtual world where everyone  has to be at least over 16.  A griefer with a child AV has the potential to cause very serious damage to a person. not only in SL, but in RL as well. 

Sure, and I understand why you might think so.

I do find it somewhat ironic, though, that in a virtual world which freely gives host to graphic RP featuring a really wide range of horrors, where one can (for example) vivisect or torture or murder a woman before, during, or after r*ping her, that the thing that seems to cause the most outrage among many are those who find enjoyment in reliving the simple and relatively innocent pleasures of childhood.

There are times when I don't think "adult" is really very nice.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Sure, and I understand why you might think so.

I do find it somewhat ironic, though, that in a virtual world which freely gives host to graphic RP featuring a really wide range of horrors, where one can (for example) vivisect or torture or murder a woman before, during, or after r*ping her, that the thing that seems to cause the most outrage among many are those who find enjoyment in reliving the simple and relatively innocent pleasures of childhood.

There are times when I don't think "adult" is really very nice.

I agree with you. I don't understand why some of it is allowed. It is NOT illegal to depict those however. Mainstream horror movies do that all the time. In SL (and RL movies), both men and women can be, and are vivisected. I have seen both. I don't want to see either anymore. But any depictions of children involved in adult activities IS illegal. In Canada, even a text story leads to criminal charges. You know that.

I stand by what I believe though. SL IS and WAS meant for those above 16, and only AV's above 16 should have been allowed at the start. That policy would have prevented this entire issue. But LL simply can't suddenly eliminate child AV's, and it wouldn't be fair to those who have them for innocent purposes.

But there again is another question. We truly don't know who does what in SL, and for what purpose (with exceptions).

Edited by Bagnu
Grammar correction
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

But any depictions of children involved in adult activities IS illegal. In Canada, even a text story leads to criminal charges. You know that.

Yes, we all agree that shouldn't happen here. Hence the changes to the ToS.

But you're talking about banning all depictions of children, including non-sexual ones that are not illegal. You want to preemptively restrict people's right to engage in utterly harmless and benign RP. And that is, I suspect, also a reflection of how important sexuality is to your experience of SL -- implied by your suggestion that SL is "adult."

But SL isn't dedicated, or even necessarily dominated by sex, as important as it is. There are many thousands of us, in fact, for whom it is utterly irrelevant.

Anyway, we've had threads enough on this subject.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But you're talking about banning all depictions of children, including non-sexual ones that are not illegal. You want to preemptively restrict people's right to engage in utterly harmless and benign RP. And that is, I suspect, also a reflection of how important sexuality is to your experience of SL -- implied by your suggestion that SL is "adult."

I am not talking about banning anything or anyone. I am simply stating that in my opinion depictions of children should not have been allowed from the beginning.

I am not implying anything. I am stating it. Hopefully clearly. Sexuality is VITAL to my experience in SL. I didn't know it was possible in my first few weeks in SL, but I would have left very quickly if it wasn't. No images, no creating, no friendships, no relationships. Nothing. I would have just left, and likely never bothered with ANY virtual world ever again. Like RL, it's not necessary on a daily. or even weekly basis (OMG, did I just admit that?), but it IS a necessary, and vital part of my SL. I won't be apologizing for that. 

8 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

I now have a house to live in in SL

new place to live

A fellow Bellisserian! Welcome to the neighborhood.   Watch out for Slenderman, I have heard he has been spotted throughout the region 🙃    

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I won't be apologizing for that.

You have the weirdest takes on things sometimes.

Literally no one has asked you to "apologize" for the fact that sex is important to your SL. In fact, the vast majority of us don't care one way or another. Yay you!?!?!?!? We don't care.

But by the same token, you are not owed an "apology" or an explanation by others, including those who represent as children, for the ways in which they choose to use SL. Perhaps you might poke your head out of your SL bubble long enough to recognize the incredible diversity of ways in which different people employ this platform.

And I suspect that SL child RPers probably don't see much material difference between "I want you banned" and "I wish you'd never been permitted to exist in the first place." You may not be articulating the former, but you're still expressing a remarkable degree of intolerance and myopia.

I doubt very much the child avatars actually impinge on your experience of SL to any noticeable degree. Why do you care? They certainly don't intrude much into mine.

But you know who does? Annoying sex-addled men hitting on me.

Should I be wishing that adult activities had never been permitted in SL?

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You have the weirdest takes on things sometimes.

Literally no one has asked you to "apologize" for the fact that sex is important to your SL. In fact, the vast majority of us don't care one way or another. Yay you!?!?!?!? We don't care.

But by the same token, you are not owed an "apology" or an explanation by others, including those who represent as children, for the ways in which they choose to use SL. Perhaps you might poke your head out of your SL bubble long enough to recognize the incredible diversity of ways in which different people employ this platform.

And I suspect that SL child RPers probably don't see much material difference between "I want you banned" and "I wish you'd never been permitted to exist in the first place." You may not be articulating the former, but you're still expressing a remarkable degree of intolerance and myopia.

I doubt very much the child avatars actually impinge on your experience of SL to any noticeable degree. Why do you care? They certainly don't intrude much into mine.

But you know who does? Annoying sex-addled men hitting on me.

Should I be wishing that adult activities had never been permitted in SL?

I have been blindfolded and unblindfolded, to suddenly find an underage AV wanting to perform "adult activities" with me when I was RLV forced on a chair. So yes, I panicked. I hit CTRL Q so fast I had no chance of knowing who they were and reporting them. So yes, I HAVE been affected.

I really don't care if Child RP'ers, or you, feel I am expressing intolerance or myopia. I am absolutely expressing intolerance and myopia in regards to the existence of child AV's. So? Glasses don't seem to change my view.

You have every right to express that you never wanted adult activities to exist in SL. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if they hadn't have been allowed. I wouldn't be here.  Maybe you wouldn't either.

Edited by Bagnu

Posted (edited)

Gosh for days and across multiple threads it's been argued who was being horribly mistreated and more disadvantaged, adult or child avatars.  And now we're down to arguing whether one or the other group should have ever even existed in Second Life. This has truly become the twilight zone..

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This has truly become the twilight zone..

*flying around around in her mech, Stella stumbles upon some strange door floating in space*

Snapshot_459.thumb.jpg.c12f6036a39f8f74ce5fd2b9413a36ba.jpg

*Suddenly a narrator starts to talk*

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination"

nope!

/me turns around and flies off

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Gosh for days and across multiple threads it's been argued who was being horribly mistreated and more disadvantaged, adult or child avatars.  And now we're down to arguing whether one or the other group should have ever even existed in Second Life. This has truly become the twilight zone..

Scylla and I DO tend to argue LOL.  I would call it debating though, even when it gets a little tense. At least that's how it is from my end.

• Like 3