Why are DEMOs ungiftable and no-transfer?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can never understand why someone would want to go wandering round inworld stores, or events, when they could sit back comfortably, run a search for the required items on the Marketplace, and browse umpteen pages of every conceivable item possible except the ones you were looking for!  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Odaks said:

I can never understand why someone would want to go wandering round inworld stores, or events, when they could sit back comfortably, run a search for the required items on the Marketplace, and browse umpteen pages of every conceivable item possible except the ones you were looking for!  

After utilizing the marketplace for years I wonder the opposite. Aside from what you pointed out (lol and so true too) it's full of old products, some times 10+ years old products. I always laugh when I see bad reviews from 2020-2021 of something not fitting people's mesh bodies on a product made in 2012 xD.

I prefer events and store shopping over MP. I utilize everything but events is my preferred. I'll usually window shop events and pick up landmarks for places I might be interested in and go to their store. Last year alone I found countless stores I like shopping this way. I'm already sitting on my butt shopping. No point in me and my avi both sitting on our butts when I am more likely to find things I like I otherwise may or may not have been looking for.

As for demo's not being giftable I think they could fix that by making demo's cost 1L but then they'll likely get backlash for charging for a demo. So either way it's lose/lose for the vendor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finite said:

As for demo's not being giftable I think they could fix that by making demo's cost 1L but then they'll likely get backlash for charging for a demo. So either way it's lose/lose for the vendor.

Depending on the system used, vendors can be set to refund that 1L immediately. Last I checked, Caspervend is one, both in popularity and refunding. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.