Looking for friends.

WereBeast Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 days ago ..

On 5/12/2021 at 6:32 AM, xxVi3perxx said:

Not an advertisement [...]

And then ..

7 hours ago, xxVi3perxx said:

<blatant advertisement>

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You posted about this in the Role Play section only 10 days ago.  You don't want friends (which is what this section is for) but customers.

Actually not true. I didn't see anything about him asking for money which is usually what customers give. I saw it as "hey I'm looking for friends who like to RP with a supernatural theme" 

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You posted about this in the Role Play section only 10 days ago.  You don't want friends (which is what this section is for) but customers.

28 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Actually not true. I didn't see anything about him asking for money which is usually what customers give. I saw it as "hey I'm looking for friends who like to RP with a supernatural theme" 

Well, since he's edited out all mention of his project I'm not in a position to refute that (although the earlier advertisement is still visible in the Role Play section).  I certainly saw an advertisement here, and unless he is willing to fund his project permanently without help he will be looking for some financial input.  Your denial is somewhat beside the point, however, since this is a section for those seeking friends, and he was advertising his RP region.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Well, since he's edited out all mention of his project I'm not in a position to refute that (although the earlier advertisement is still visible in the Role Play section).  I certainly saw an advertisement here, and unless he is willing to fund his project permanently without help he will be looking for some financial input.  Your denial is somewhat beside the point, however, since this is a section for those seeking friends, and he was advertising his RP region.

How do you know he isn't funding this all on his own?

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How do you know he isn't funding this all on his own?

I don't, which is why I said "unless he is willing to fund his project permanently" - in the part you highlighted.  Again, this is beside the point.  There are places for advertisements, and this isn't one of them.  I have nothing against people wanting to make a go of an idea, but if advertising were permitted here then this section would lose its meaning.  You have declared elsewhere your wish that you could advertise your own project so now I must assume you are arguing from an agenda, and I am inclined to withdraw from the topic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All in all I am really disappointed nobody really came forward to me in messages here on the forums with a simple hey this isn't allowed in this forum please use this section instead of saying I am only wanting customers but I am looking for friends as well. The reason why I put in the city is because I don't go to other sims because I lag a lot so I stay at my sim instead  of visiting other sims to prevent lots of lag. 

As for advertising in groups I have tried that and recently since Monday have had errors that pop up saying group chat cannot be started and barely anyone takes a look at the RP forums let alone notices in groups. 

This will be my last post in the forums and I will not be returning as of this moment.

interested in joining an urban supernatural themed city to run.

Implies you are looking for people to help you RUN  an RP region.  That is advertising.  The employment section might be appropriate as long as you specified it as a non-paying position.  That still might be questionable.  

On 5/22/2021 at 9:02 PM, xxVi3perxx said:

The reason why I put in the city is because I don't go to other sims because I lag a lot so I stay at my sim instead  of visiting other sims to prevent lots of lag.

I have an old computer that crashes a lot and I manage to go to major events and explore random regions. It means turning things down (draw distance and other avatars being the main issues). At large gatherings, I turn the camera down/at the ground and often wireframe the scene. The main thing there is the local chat anyway.

You're not going to meet people if you never leave your own space. You also won't get a feel for what is happening in Second Life, which is important if you want to run your own projects.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I have an old computer that crashes a lot and I manage to go to major events and explore random regions. It means turning things down (draw distance and other avatars being the main issues). At large gatherings, I turn the camera down/at the ground and often wireframe the scene. The main thing there is the local chat anyway.

You're not going to meet people if you never leave your own space. You also won't get a feel for what is happening in Second Life, which is important if you want to run your own projects.

The problem is my MacBook Pro sucks its not good for SL but it's the only thing I can do without crashing all the time is by staying in my sim mostly because even if I do all of those things you suggested it won't work for me like I can barely move in an empty sim without lagging like crazy. 

Sucky computers can't handle SL well to function but its what I have to use even with firestorm.

I will say this I've been busy for a couple of days not really looking at this section of the forums.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:52 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

I don't, which is why I said "unless he is willing to fund his project permanently" - in the part you highlighted.  Again, this is beside the point.  There are places for advertisements, and this isn't one of them.  I have nothing against people wanting to make a go of an idea, but if advertising were permitted here then this section would lose its meaning.  You have declared elsewhere your wish that you could advertise your own project so now I must assume you are arguing from an agenda, and I am inclined to withdraw from the topic.

Okay well what you said was disrespectful assuming I was asking for people to help me back the RP but barely anyone looks at the RP forums for anything anymore. When people do post people often be rude. I wasn't looking for an agenda just friendship at this point in maybe finding people to roleplay with or chat. I have declined in giving the RP forums any motivation to use with people being rude as many others have been not to myself but others as well with constant criticism that is not ethical. 

Also for any RP I finance myself don't really want anyone else's help because its my RP my responsibility to fund for myself and others to enjoy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.