Not a Natural Woman

Kaleb Nightingale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am asking for help here, obviously for a friend, who is too shy to ask openly, here.

So I, oops, my friend, has a Belleza Jake body and uses the slim shape.

I, oh I mean my friend, wants to be more female.

I, oops, my friend, does not want to change the body to totally a female one. I, oh, I mean my friend, already has the lower body female bits, which was easy to deal with, but now it is about the breasts.

Are there some breasts that can easily be attached to the Jake mesh body, or does it mean that the body needs to be changed completely for a female one?

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Oh, sorry, my friend would appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you, umm, on behalf of my friend.

If you (I mean your friend) want to do this seriously, I would have to say no.  It is possible, kind of, but it looks awful and is really only suitable for "comic effect" which is what I did last year;

2020-07-03_007.thumb.jpg.5c66cfc288cbaf99c93afa3aeb11db76.jpg

I used a pair of modifiable mesh breasts (which are themselves pretty much obsolete since mesh bodies came along) and I turned it to BOM so I could wear system layer clothing with it. It took me more than an hour to configure the texture scale and offset to get it positioned right. I kept my regular skin and slapped on some exaggerated drag-queen makeup. Since no mesh clothing made for either women or men could possibly fit, system layer is the only clothing possible with this.  Oh and naked doesn't work either because the nipples don't line up with where they should be.

The fit was bad, the seam between breasts and body was very visible, they don't respond to sliders and did I mention that you won't be able to wear any mesh clothes over them? Freebie Galaxy will be your best shopping experience.

If you're your friend is doing this as a temporary costume for a drag show or something similar, then yes it's kind of do-able as long as no-one looks too closely. If you want your friend wants this to be your their permanent avatar... then no, not a hope. You will They will need an actual female body for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There used to be a standalone pair of breasts called Lolas Tangos. This was when mesh body parts started appearing for system avatars. I don't think Tangos are still available and they wouldn't be usable with male mesh bodies because you would need a skin applier for those breasts to match the skin of your avatar. There probably aren't any clothes that would work with both the male body and breasts together. I'd suggest looking for something similar on the SL Marketplace and maybe it will have a skin that looks similar to yours, I mean your friends skin. 

Lewis and Bree are right, the only possibility to have breasts on a male body is separate mesh breasts which won't fit properly; they'll have to be unrigged and modifyable to have any chance of working, and you'll have to do as Lewis suggested and make them BOM, and wear only system layer clothes at least on the top half of your body. This is not likely to look good at all.

The better option would be to use a female body, but then you have a couple of other considerations. One is the female head, and the other is the skin.

First, I presume that (breasts aside) your friend will still want to look at least semi-masculine, and a male head won't fit a female body, so you'll need to carefully choose a female head that itself looks fairly strong and masculine. @Skell Dagger uses Catwa Margeaux for Syd (and I used that one too before switching to Queen). My alt uses Genus Strong which also works well, but you might find some others that work with your chosen skin.

There are a couple of options with regard to skins.  First option is to start with a male skin as a base. I suggest going BOM because you'll need some overlay layers here; the male chest won't map properly over the breasts so you'll need a tattoo overlay in a matching skin tone with some cleavage and nipples in the right place. Izzie Button's store is a good place to look for this sort of thing.  The second option is to start with a female base skin then add layers for masculinising features like body hair, facial hair and muscle tone.

There's actually a third option but to my knowledge only one skin-maker takes advantage of this, and that's Gessami.  Gessami skins have identical skin tones and identical neck detail between male and female skins so you can wear a female body skin along with a male head skin and as long as they're the same tone, they'll match perfectly. 

You'll need to demo skins because some of them look odd around the eyes and eyebrows when worn on the wrong gender head. 

I just went all in with a female body (Lara) that is properly proportioned (artist's guides for an idealized female, so proper leg and torso lengths, as one example) and a female head. It's because I play fully female as Katherine, despite my RL sex not matching that.

That said, Leltuka makes a nice gender neutral head in their Evo line called River, you might want to look at.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.