Updating an old Lelutka head to the newest verstion but want it to look the same :)

Sammie Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the Chloe lelultka head and want to update it (for the animations) to the latest (buying the latest). I have saved all the ratios to my old head. Is there away after finding similar head that I can come close? What suggestions? What or Can i lose  my current head? I and my friends would be crushed!!!! :)

Sincerely

Sammie

Edited by Sammie Kiyori
update buying newest head

1) Update capabilities.

It's yet to be announced when the Evolution line will graced (?) with an update to Evo X.

Chloe, belonging to the original Bento line-up, is even more unlikely to ever see that update.

2) Same look.

Well, you got a copy of your shape, also make another one of your styled head... and then good luck with trying a new one.

The rigging among the LeL heads has changed dramatically to a point where a previously designed shape does not fit an updated head and literally rendering it like completely broken.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

1) Update capabilities.

It's yet to be announced when the Evolution line will graced (?) with an update to Evo X.

Chloe, belonging to the original Bento line-up, is even more unlikely to ever see that update.

2) Same look.

Well, you got a copy of your shape, also make another one of your styled head... and then good luck with trying a new one.

The rigging among the LeL heads has changed dramatically to a point where a previously designed shape does not fit an updated head and literally rendering it like completely broken.

Oh that is a bummer :( What if i buy an Axis hud? would that detect or map out my old then just match numbers from the Axis Hud on new? 

and Thank you For responding!!!

No it won't.  The only way to get anywhere near close to your original look is to take photos and change your shape manually until you get something that approximates what you had before but it probably isn't going to be possible to get very close.

Each head has fundamentally different looks.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

Get demos and find the one that looks closest then edit it in appearance. There will be a mild learning curve with the new heads. I change my look on SL so often I never remember what I look like when I sign in. I own 5 lelutka heads personally and I often use the older ones. I create my own skins so it’s easier to match for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Get demos and find the one that looks closest then edit it in appearance. There will be a mild learning curve with the new heads. I change my look on SL so often I never remember what I look like when I sign in. I own 5 lelutka heads personally and I often use the older ones. I create my own skins so it’s easier to match for me. 

So it is easy switching heads? or do you save the outfits? thank you even thou i have been in sl for 2 years i still am noob

I just updated an old Lelutka head that I got about a year ago. I used the redelivery terminal to get the latest version of that head. This one had a new animation hud. Not sure if that's what you mean by getting animations.  Anyways, my old shape still worked for the new head and the applier still worked too. So I ended up with a new head that looks exactly the same but with all the updated features. The old head and components will still exist in your inventory unless you delete them. 

• Thanks 1

Chloe is an Origins head.  That represents the original line of Lelutka heads.  Since then a new line of heads was released called Evolution (Evo) and the Origins heads were not updated to have the Evo upgrades.  Since Evo was released there has been a newer update to Evo called Evo X that has changed some things again and there is no update for the Evo heads nor the Origins lines of heads.  When the OP asked about upgrades here:

7 hours ago, Sammie Kiyori said:

I have the Chloe lelultka head and want to update it (for the animations) to the latest (buying the latest). I have saved all the ratios to my old head. Is there away after finding similar head that I can come close? What suggestions? What or Can i lose  my current head? I and my friends would be crushed!!!! :)

It looked like they were asking about buying either an Evo or Evo X head but getting the same look as their Chloe head.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I just updated an old Lelutka head that I got about a year ago. I used the redelivery terminal to get the latest version of that head. This one had a new animation hud. Not sure if that's what you mean by getting animations.  Anyways, my old shape still worked for the new head and the applier still worked too. So I ended up with a new head that looks exactly the same but with all the updated features. The old head and components will still exist in your inventory unless you delete them. 

OMGAH that is huge! thank you so much :D SL community is the best :)

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

thank you very much. Wish me luck haha :)

5 minutes ago, Sammie Kiyori said:

Well I always want the latest and greatest but the main issue was the animations.

The latest and greatest of the head you purchased is over two years old and is two generations old technology wise.  The only change to the animations in the update is that they added some anims that were previously paid for as free.  They didn't change the existing anims.  Anims were revamped for Evo heads however so in that respect you still don't have the latest and greatest.

I think you caused confusion when you said this: "Is there away after finding similar head that I can come close?"

That didn't sound like you were looking for an update to an Origins head that you had already purchased because updates are free.

2 hours ago, Sammie Kiyori said:

So it is easy switching heads? or do you save the outfits? thank you even thou i have been in sl for 2 years i still am noob

Well, I save outfits..But if I remember right, there is  HUD addon, (included) that you can save copies of the heads.. (with the Lelutka)

I am here for almost 14 years and I am still a noob..

18 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The latest and greatest of the head you purchased is over two years old and is two generations old technology wise.  The only change to the animations in the update is that they added some anims that were previously paid for as free.  They didn't change the existing anims.  Anims were revamped for Evo heads however so in that respect you still don't have the latest and greatest.

I think you caused confusion when you said this: "Is there away after finding similar head that I can come close?"

That didn't sound like you were looking for an update to an Origins head that you had already purchased because updates are free.

Sorry for the confusion my understanding there is no update to the origins Lillith said it best. So I was going to buy a new head revolution and try to make it look like my original :) But Bree gave an alternative that i didn't know about.

• Thanks 1

You will soon notice that the numbers you saved for your nose, need a dramatic change. When my Evolution head was updated, it was added new bones. So I got the same head updated, and the first I had to do, was widen the nose. I look even more weird when I that off my head now, than before.

With your old Chloe head, take pictures of it from front and side. Upload them, and apply them on a prim. When you stand still on a posestand, move the prim with your face image up to the head, and slide it over your Chloe head halfway. Stretch the prim until the picture on it is just as tall and wide as the Chloe head you are wearing. This is your model when you compare it to the new heads you try.

Now, wear the included shape in the new head pack. This way, you start with a normal nose. Edit the Chloe face prim up or down so it is close to the new head. Then try to move the sliders for the new Evolution head. (Stop all animations before you edit the new head).

Take several head demos first, so you do not have to go back and forth to the store.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

In the interests of accurate information here, I have just managed to get inworld and get a redelivery of my Lelutka heads just to double-check.  There is no animation HUD in the Chloe pack nor in the Evo packs, nor has there ever been any Lelutka heads there have ever been.  I think you might be mistaking the Lelutka heads for another brand.  I have Simone, Chloe, Lake and Lilly and none of them have or ever have had an animation HUD.

Still not sure how this was resolved for the OP.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

In the interests of accurate information here, I have just managed to get inworld and get a redelivery of my Lelutka heads just to double-check.  There is no animation HUD in the Chloe pack nor in the Evo packs, nor has there ever been any Lelutka heads there have ever been.  I think you might be mistaking the Lelutka heads for another brand.  I have Simone, Chloe, Lake and Lilly and none of them have or ever have had an animation HUD.

It was a Catwa head that I updated! I have been upgrading two avatars. One with Catwa and one with Lelutka. The Lelutka was purchased recently and it doesn't have an animation hud. The Catwa was old and had to be updated because I wanted to try BOM on it. That's when I noticed it had an animation hud. Sorry @Sammie Kiyori. Thanks for pointing that out @Gabriele Graves

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The Evo heads expanded the animations section. One of the reasons I changed from Simone (Origins head) was many more animations. The OP must have meant these animations.

18 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

It was a Catwa head that I updated! I have been upgrading two avatars. One with Catwa and one with Lelutka. The Lelutka was purchased recently and it doesn't have an animation hud. The Catwa was old and had to be updated because I wanted to try BOM on it. That's when I noticed it had an animation hud. Sorry @Sammie Kiyori. Thanks for pointing that out @Gabriele Graves

Hud_lelu-1024x1007.jpg

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The Evo heads expanded the animations section. One of the reasons I changed from Simone (Origins head) was many more animations. The OP must have meant these animations.

I am aware of those and even mentioned those in one of my posts.  I think some of their first posts were about exploring changing to an Evo head for better animations but then switched to thinking that Bree's posts were saying something that they took to mean was going to give her updated animations on the Chloe head.  Obviously that isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

No worries at at all to you and Gabriele. Still very grateful for your help!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You will soon notice that the numbers you saved for your nose, need a dramatic change. When my Evolution head was updated, it was added new bones. So I got the same head updated, and the first I had to do, was widen the nose. I look even more weird when I that off my head now, than before.

With your old Chloe head, take pictures of it from front and side. Upload them, and apply them on a prim. When you stand still on a posestand, move the prim with your face image up to the head, and slide it over your Chloe head halfway. Stretch the prim until the picture on it is just as tall and wide as the Chloe head you are wearing. This is your model when you compare it to the new heads you try.

Now, wear the included shape in the new head pack. This way, you start with a normal nose. Edit the Chloe face prim up or down so it is close to the new head. Then try to move the sliders for the new Evolution head. (Stop all animations before you edit the new head).

Take several head demos first, so you do not have to go back and forth to the store.

That is awesome! never thought of uploading the picture of my old head and applying them on a prim. to compare Thank you!

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I hope you don't mind how do you upload the picture and add it to the sim? thank you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.