Top 5 Linden Home Models & Landscapes?

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been reluctant to respond to this, mostly because I'm easily pleased and therefore find it hard to choose favorites.  I'm delighted by the variety of LH choices, and am looking forward to more diversity to come.

So first let me say, that though it doesn't come in first in either category, for overall quality of life, I choose HOUSEBOATS.  I am an explorer who has, her whole Real Life, been fascinated by houseboats and never lived in one.  Every time I arrive at my Houseboat in Kuga, I am flooded with delight.

Home models:

1. Victorian - Shelley.
  2. Traditional - Continental + addon.  I think when more open floorplans arrive, I'll find the Winchester a favorite.
  3. Houseboats - Wallower, Windlass with addons.
  4. Log Home - Grand View. 
  5. Stilt - Havana.   With little LI used inside, I've had fun strewing various vehicles and toys around my parcel.

Landscapes:

1. Log Home.  The huge subcontinent as a whole is less rich in "destinations" than some other themes, but I love bumping along those pretty country roads.
  2. Traditional.  The variety of local climates and surprising details is great fun, making up for a less lush landscape than in subsequent themes.  Some of the coastal settings are just stunning.
  3. Victorian,  particularly the coastal ones.  What can you say, it's like living in a formal garden.
  4. Campers.  I've always enjoyed tooling around the original Campwich area, just so lovely with rich soundscapes, and the plethora of waterfalls in the Northern camping regions is terrific.
  5. Houseboats.  I find the sparseness of many houseboat regions restful, and I love underwater surprises.

Chalet regions - frankly, the lack of the World Map is discouraging me from doing much exploration.  I think, however, it MIGHT be the only theme where I prefer the inland regions to the coastal ones.  The home styles themselves don't particularly appeal to me.

• Like 9

1. Victorian. Really hard to pick a favourite model but I was probably happiest in the Doyle.

2. Chalet. I haven't tried the Alpenrose/Albus yet but I like it best from the outside.

3. Traditional. Again, I like all the models about equally, and if they get upgraded to custom paint colours they'll go to #2.

4. Stilts. I ended up really liking the Havana, though I haven't tried the Lauderdale or the Santiago. I love the colours on these too.

5. Logs. I was in an Overlook for a few months and it was nice,  just a bit too rural for me.

As far as landscaping goes, I've found I don't necessarily want to live in the themes I find prettiest (campers, logs). At heart, I'm a hardcore Sims player who wants a toilet in every house and pseudo-realistic suburbia with proper roads. I'm finding the chalets perfect for spring, but come summer I will be hunting for a coastal Victorian or Trad.

• Like 6

Home models*:
1. Victorian - The Doyle
2. Victorian - The Verne
3. Log Home - Grand View
4. Camper - Colorado
5. Stilt - Tortuga

In general I prefer small places and/or houses with big windows.

*If there were an updated version of the Meadowbrook - Loftroom, it would be definitely on the list.

Landscapes:
1. Log Home - I love all about the green feeling of the Log homes landscape: the vegetation, the pines, the sound of the birds, the small ponds. It's so peaceful.
2. Camper - similar to above.
3. Victorian - Beautiful landscape, with public squares, fountains, bridges, gardens, everything is so detailed and in theme. Oh, and the flowers? I love all of them.
4. Traditional - The words uniqueness and cozy always come to my mind when I think about the Traditional regions. It's the kind of place that really made me feel home.

The other landscapes are beautiful too and have their particularities, but for some reason I have never felt home in any of them. I don't know, maybe I only have to land a location that talks to my heart.

• Like 6

#1 Edelweiss, hands down, best house ever.  The scale is perfect and everything just fits.  I love the side-back door which usually faces what I want it to face.

#2 Every other Chalet after lol

#3 Doyle of the Victorians

#4 All the Trads

#5 Grandview of the Cabins but I have had the worst luck making it face where I want it to, so, Edelweiss it is :)

For landscaping, oh my word, every region is a prize.  The tulips of the Chalets, the Hydrangeas of the Victorians, the Mazes and public squares of the Trads, the camper-grounds are a joy to wander through... My two favourites are the Chalet regions and the Victorian regions, though.  Romance and whimsy.  I just love the Linden Homes.

• Like 6

I do like all the models in the home selections but these are just the ones I commonly use.

Models
1. Chalets - Edelweiss
2. Camper - Williamsburg
3. Victorian - The Doyle
4. Stilts - Tortuga

5. Houseboats  Evening Star
6. Log Homes - Grand View
7.  Traditional - Continental

The landscaping around houseboats vary greatly from just Ok to stunning. 

Landscapes
1. Camper
2. Victorian
3. Traditional
4. Chalets
5. Stilts

6. Houseboats

7. Log Homes

Edited by Elyeah
To add houseboats
  • Like 4

I can't name specific models for all categories because I haven't owned them all and can't remember their names but here's my favourites in order;

1. Stilts (Lauderdale - on pier is my favourite)
  2. Houseboats (Wallower)
  3. Vics (the big one with the white tower on the side)
  4. Chalets (Alpenrose)
  5. Trads (Winchester)
  6. Logs (either of the ones that don't have two doors on the same side of the house
  7. Campers (the one that looks like a tiny house with a deck)

For landscaping;

1. Vics
  2. Chalets
  3. Stilts
  4. Houseboats on a beach
  5. Campers
  6. Trads
  7. Logs
  8. Houseboats on a pier only
Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.