Top 5 Linden Home Models & Landscapes?

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Which of the LH models and landscapes are your favourites so far? 

* You can include the older home styles too!

* I used landscapes instead of "theme" to mean the environment the themes are in - terrain and foliage etc 

Here are mine!

Models:

1. Williamsburg Camper 

2. Evening Star Houseboat

3. Winchester Traditional

4. Colorado Camper

5. Hardy Victorian

Landscapes: 

1. Camper 

2. Victorian

3. Chalet

4. Log Home

5. Traditional

I prefer the 512 models and green country parcels with either sea or a larger body of water nearby!

Edit : And a railway link !!!

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 11

My favorite LH right now I would have to say is the traditional.  And I give extra points when I get one in a region that was part of the first release.   Those regions just seem to have a homey feel to them.  Maybe because they were the first ones?  I always seem to come back to traditionals.

I love all the landscaping they did for the Victorians and that is my favorite in regards to landscaping.  

I do like all the themes though, some just work for me better than others.  

• Like 9

Top 5 Homes:

1) Traditional

2) Houseboat

3) Chalet

4) Camper

5) Log

Top 5 Landscapes:

1) Traditional (Particularly in the area just east of the river where Campwich is... between the Panamole Canal and the bridge in Porthole.... ALL of that is awesome sauce)

2) Log (But only the unique regions particularly the still unreleased coastal Logs as well as the logs up and down the big lake... but no to the cloned ones ewwwwww)

3) Campers (solid terraforming here and nearly all of them are in unique locations)

4) Victorians (hate the home but nobody can argue that the landscaping is near perfection)

5) Chalet (This might get a better rating once i see the non-cloned areas the moles will build, but overall i like it)

Bonus (Most unfavorite Home & Landscape)

*Most unfavorite home is the Victorian... No matter how hard I try I just cant get into this home theme, even though I love the landscaping to it

*Most unfavorite Landscaping are the Stilt regions... I'm truly glad many people love the stilts I just am not a fan of the mostly flat islands and the palms.  Also it just feels cramped here.  I'll take a houseboat any day of the week over one of these.  The HBs have more open water possibilities then the vast majority of the stilts.

• Like 6

Top 5 homes:

1. Chalet

2. Stilt

3. Log

4. Traditional

5. Houseboat

The campers don't appeal to me due to the size and the style, and the Vics I couldn't get on with the interior layouts and the round rooms lol

Top 5 landscapes:

1. Log

2. Camper

3. Chalet 

4. Traditional

5. Victorian

Ironically, although I love boating and do it every day - both the "water" themes of Stilts and Houseboats I consider to have the worst landscaping. The houseboats have minimal landscaping to speak of at all for the most part, besides relentless brown timber docks everywhere.

With the Stilt areas, I actually like the ones on land, they have a nice beachy feel, but the pier (and especially the water) ones do look cramped as suggested above. Plus, when you're driving around in a smallish boat, you spend most of your time just looking at timber poles haha.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Which of the LH models and landscapes are your favourites so far? 

* You can include the older home styles too!

* I used landscapes instead of "theme" to mean the environment the themes are in - terrain and foliage etc 

Here are mine!

Models:

1. Williamsburg Camper 

2. Evening Star Houseboat

3. Winchester Traditional

4. Colorado Camper

5. Hardy Victorian

Landscapes: 

1. Camper 

2. Victorian

3. Chalet

4. Log Home

5. Traditional

I prefer the 512 models and green country parcels with either sea or a larger body of water nearby!

Edit : And a railway link !!!

Depends what I wanna do with the parcel for which house I'll use.  As to favorite landscape, Campers, Stilts, Houseboats.  I know that's only three, but I almost said just Campers lol

Favorite

• Like 2

Hmm, let's see....

For buildings: 

1. Traditional, with Aldersley being my favorite model - I like small houses and I cannot lie!

2. Campers

3. Victorians 

4. Stilts

5. Log homes 

6. Houseboats

7. Chalets

For landscapes:

1. Traditional 

2. Campers

3. Log homes

4. Victorians

5. Stilts 

6. Chalets 

7. Houseboats 

• Like 8

For buildings: 

1. Traditional: Alderley

2. Stilts: Havana/Tortuga

3. Houseboats: Evening Star

4. Victorians: Doyle

5. Campers: Williamsburg

6. Log homes: ...

7. Chalets: ...

For landscapes:

1. Victorians

2. Campers

3. Traditionals

4. Log homes

5. Stilts 

6. Houseboats

7. Chalets

• Like 5

Top 5 Homes:

1. Victorians - have always loved Victorian style homes. My dream home in real life if that were possible.

2. Traditional, especially the Winchester - that balcony on the back! Probably since this was my first Belli home, makes it still my favorite.

3.  Houseboats - Hard to find your perfect spot but once you land on it and decorate,  you may never leave. Love the instant ability to jump in a boat and take a water tour.

4. Log Homes - Peace and quiet in the woods.

5. Campers - just plain cute and a challenge to decorate with fewer prims.

Top Landscapes:

1. Victorian - Pretty landscaped large yards with flowers and trees. #1 with the roads, hills, and little pocket gardens and squares.

2. Log Homes - The trees! The boulders! The roads!

3. Campers - Different landscaping all over the place with connections to water, railroads and more.

4. Stilts - Love the variety and the way the stilt homes are spaced out. Piers definitely space out the homes though if you find a great island or coastal line area, the stilts on land which hang out into the water add to the landscape.

5. Chalet - Landscaping is lovely with the garden flowers with the yard fences. The different "hills" dividing up parcels do give privacy. 

*For some reason, decorating a Stilt or Chalet home just hasn't connected with me. Nice homes -  just haven't seen one that calls me home.

*Traditional home landscaping needs rejuvenation. Maybe when all the themes have been released, our favorite Moles can change up the hedges, add more flowers to the front walks, and  add pocket gardens. You can tell from the later Traditional regions, creative touches start showing up. 

• Like 8

For homes:

1. Log homes
  2. Chalet
  3. Traditional
  4. Victorian
  5. Houseboats

For landscapes:

1. Chalet
  2. Houseboats
  3. Traditional
  4. Victorian
  5. Log homes

I'd love to actually live in a Linden Log Home, but with the performance issues caused by the landscaping I gave up on that. I've had a Chalet since release day now, and still haven't figured out how to furnish it due to the floorplan. I'll probably end up living in my usual skybox and using the house for parking my car.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eleanor Anderton said:

My dream home in real life if that were possible.

My RL is a Victorian ground floor apartment - pretty features but we do have damp issues, resident woodlice and the ceilings are so tall the dust forms in huge clouds and rains down on us! 

• Like 2

Difficult choices! A lot depends on the location. I've gotten bland homes in every style and a few spectacular ones that made me like a style I thought I didn't care for.

A lot also depends on the home controller choices too. If the Trads had the redecorating options that the Vics and Stilts have, it would be Trad for me hands down. 

Without considering the great resident made addons:

For homes:

1. Victorian/The Verne
  2. Stilts/Havana
  3. Traditional/Adams
  4. Chalets/Edelweiss
  5. Campers/Winchester
  6. Woodland/Overlook
  7. Houseboats/Windlass

For landscapes:

1. Stilts
  2. Victorians (Those willows & the roses)
  3. Campers 
  4. Houseboats (if I can catch a lighthouse this one goes higher)
  5. Chalet (similiar to houseboats, an alt has one with a windmill on one side and the pub across the water if I increase my draw distance. She's not moving for awhile)
  6. Woodland
  7. Traditional (another qualifier- I love the one I'm currently in at Miller's Pond but it took me way more tries to get a nice location with this style than with any other.)

There's also the season to consider. I kept a woodland from fall though the new year because they look so cute done up for Christmas, February had me craving the beach and then I got a yin to play with retro/mid-century modern and the Trads are perfect for that. I'm having a ball with all the themes really. Kudos to Patch and all our hardworking Moles, even if they did tear down the apartments. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, karynmaria said:

My favorite LH right now I would have to say is the traditional.  And I give extra points when I get one in a region that was part of the first release.   Those regions just seem to have a homey feel to them.  Maybe because they were the first ones?  I always seem to come back to traditionals.

I love all the landscaping they did for the Victorians and that is my favorite in regards to landscaping.

They were more manually built. Before the project got too overwhelming. So there's very few cases of cloned regions and even when you get a clone, they'd go in and alter each copy a bit.

Yet oddly, my favorite landscaping is a clone, that has two identical copies... ;)

Homes:

1. Houseboat - Barnacle

2. Log Home Grand View - if this could rotate to any facing it's be nicer, but still not beat that houseboat.

3. Camper - Colorado

4. Stilt - Santiago - but only if over water.

5. Log Home - Lincoln - if I could rotate this I'd be above Grand View.

Landscapes:

1. Square water houseboat plots next to green woods - like Coral Bay and Saltmarsh

2. Square Water plots 'close' to green land and a light house - Trafalgar and Fishtown

3. Victorians on the river - Caladium through to Oleander

4. Campers on the water's edge, like Carcossa

5. Traditionals on the first 'peanut island' - Hammond Park, Permaglow, and around there.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

Favourite models:

1. Trad (Winchester or Adams)
  2. Houseboat (Windlass or Barnacle)
  3. Stilt (Lauderdale I think)
  4. Camper (Williamsburg)
  5. Victorian (no idea which one)

Favourite landscaping:

1. Houseboats (as long as they're on a main coastline and not a floating dock or isolated island))
  2. Trads (especially the ones near the coast/on sand)
  3. Vics
  4. Campers
  5. Chalets

Least favourite for both house style and landscaping is the Logs. 

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 5

Homes:

1. Victorian - I pretty much like all of them, although a couple of them present challenges with fitting kitchens into the layout. Not too small, and the two story models are large but comfy.
  2. Chalets - love the open floor plan options! I'm currently in the Albus, which is working nicely except for that huge, huge bedroom. So I might try to make my furnishings work with the Alpenrose (the non-open version).
  3. Stilts. I love the openness of some of the floor plans, and I love the balconies and decks, but the homes seem just a touch small in a few aspects of their design, and I don't really get the lack of doors upstairs.
  4. Log Homes..I like several of these models, and there are plenty of add-ons available for sunrooms and porches. But...two separate front doors on two of the four models, I don't get that...why? A mud room?There is no mud to be tracked in!  Give me a back door, or at least a side door! And the one model that has the attic is HUGE.
  5. Traditionals. For me the one stories are too small (I was so happy that the Victorian one story was larger). But the Winchester is nice, although it's tough to fit in a bathroom. And the Continental is OK if you use an add-on for more room. Fortunately there are plenty of add ons for both.

Landscapes:

1. Stilts Over Land. A home on land with water in the back of the lot, to me, is SL heaven. Double points for sea or channel access. On the other hand, Stilts on Piers just seem like large houseboats to me. I found all that water and the closeness of neighbors somewhat disorenting.
  2. (tie) Log Homes (those lush forests) and Victorians (pretty). I'll deduct a few points for how landlocked many of these homes are.
  3. Chalets - love the rolling hills and the pretty flowers.
  4. Campers (again with the forests)
  5. Traditionals - the landscaping overall seems a little bare and plain compared to the later releases, but there are some lovely waterfront properties and nice parks and lighthouses.
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Stilts. I love the openness of some of the floor plans, and I love the balconies and decks, but the homes seem just a touch small in a few aspects of their design, and I don't really get the lack of doors upstairs.

The stilts were purposely designed for the doors to be optional.  There are doors included in the Content Creation Pack.  I really like this option, as it allows for using pocket doors instead of swinging ones, which keeps them functional, but out of the way.  

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

The stilts were purposely designed for the doors to be optional.  There are doors included in the Content Creation Pack.  I really like this option, as it allows for using pocket doors instead of swinging ones, which keeps them functional, but out of the way.  

I'm a big fan of this because I like the have doors work on collision instead of touch, and have different locks and different 'autoclose' from the exterior doors. Keep the inside ones open most of the time as the outer ones auto close. While I can't change that the outside doors work on touch, if the inner doors are mine to rez and control I can use my own scripts in them.

• Like 4

Top houses AND landscape (because its a package deal):

Camper

Log

Victorian

Chalet

Stilt

Houseboat (this one almost didn't make the list at all, but I rolled one with some green around it attached to land and not just a sandbar)

Trad (this one doesn't even make the list because I've never found one I liked)

As far as the actual structure, I usually pick the smallest, 1 level, most open floorplan in the theme I have at the moment.

• Like 4

Homes:

1.  Victorian - all except the Doyle (I've found it difficult to work with though it's cute). My rl dream home style.
  2.  Traditional especially the Winchester. Such great add-ons for all model.
  3.  Stilt, Havana and Bayport - thought I wasn't going to be able to decorate any of these at first but I sure was wrong. 
  4.  Houseboat - I like Windlass best but I have used all of them. I find they lend themselves to creative ways to utilize the space plus ability to have a boat.
  5. Log Homes - so homey feeling. Wish the Grandview would be able to rotate whatever way you preferred. Frequently can't take best advantage of views but it's the one I kept coming back to.
  6. Campers some models are cute but very challenging for me. Less is more here.
  7. Chalet. So far these are doing nothing for me. I'm trying though.

Landscapes:

1.  Victorian - Garden perfection! Lush! Nearly every region has a great view, even those without water.
  2.  Log Home - I love walking around with one of my virtual dogs in these regions. It's peaceful especially when the lighting is at midnight. Also great for riding Teegle horses around too. 
  3.  Campers - same as log homes. Lots of unique spaces and places. I still kind of regret giving up one of them that overlooked a large lake.
  4.  Stilt - Some regions feel cramped to me, but others have wide sweeping water views which I love.
  5.  Traditional -Depends on the region. I've had some remarkable homes in these areas that have really made my heart sing. 
  6. Houseboats - would have loved if these areas had a bit more interest to them but again, wide open water and that is excellent.
  7. Chalet. Honestly feel like things went wrong here. Every region looks exactly the same to me. Generic. I have no desire to explore.
  • Like 4

Homes, interior a big factor:

- Stilts, because all the models are roomy and has big sliding doors. And water around the most. Big disadvantage if the sliding doors are turned in a direction I don't want. Then it is a negative factor.

- Victorians, also big rooms.

- Traditionals, especially Winchester.

- Log homes would be higher up on the list, if not for the large windows that are almost always facing the road. It gives me the feeling I live in a display case. I would say it's a design flaw.

- Chalets, I don't live in one, because I can't stand the landscape. But I like the room plans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landscaping:

- Campers!! I could not live in a camper, but the landscaping.....❤️

- Traditionals. I like the 1 release, but the best ones are in an horisontal area where that big island lies. Pickle island? Moles were still building original regions, and here they were making the most beautiful regions for Traditionals.

- Victorians. Some clones, but also breathtaking regions, especially the coast.

- Stilt homes, even if it's a lack of open regions in between. It is too many houses packed together.

- Log homes... was disappointing landscaping. It was like a cloned and simplified Camper landscape, and feeling too dark. Lack of original regions that could break up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landscaping is a big factor, and it is great spots in the landscaping I do not like, and vice versa.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6

1. Trads - Continental with screened porch add on (thanks, @Blush Bravin )
  2. Houseboats - Evening Star or Wallower
  3. Campers - Colorado 
  4. Stilts - Santiago 
  5. Vics - Doyle

Top Landscapes

1. Vics - I’ve used the flowers in landscaping my Trads. The steps in front of many of the homes are my faves.
  2. Trads - The regions have many surprises and hidden elements
  3. Campers - Always love when I land in a little region where there are fireflies
  4. Logs - Especially the ones fronting water
  5. Chalets - The public squares, tulips, daffodils (I’m going to be borrowing these for my Trad landscaping.)
  • Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.