Feet Problem

Adosin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

hope someone can help me, I have updated my Avatar and I dont know what I did wrong or how I can change this, but my feet look horrible. Does anyone knows how to fix this? I think it is because of the Skin, but not sure. I tried several but noone seems to change it.

I have the Catwa Head and Legacy Body

Snapshot-004.png

This is indeed because of the skin.

You appear to be using a BoM-enabled body, which is good. However, although BoM allows you to use your old system skins, the alignment of the texture to the feet and fingers, and sometimes nose and ears (though this is not always as noticeable as the feet and finger!) is off on most, if not all mesh bodies.

There are two ways to fix this. The first one is to get an actual BoM skin. These skins do not have nails and the shadows are either absent, or will just work with feet and hands.
The other way is to acquire a BoM nail fix, there are several free ones on the marketplace and I would suggest trying that first. It will, however usually require you to manually adjust the tint of that nail fix to match the color of yours skin, which some people find easier than others.

• Thanks 1

Thank you a lot, I tried one of those free Nail Fix on the Marketplace, it definitely improves a bit. But as you said, matching the color is really tricky :)
Could you give me a good hint to a BOM Skin? Cause the ones I found, even they said it is for BOM arent working. Bought one yesterday, especially for BOM and this one created those adorable *puke* feet.

7 hours ago, Adosin said:

Thank you a lot, I tried one of those free Nail Fix on the Marketplace, it definitely improves a bit. But as you said, matching the color is really tricky :)
Could you give me a good hint to a BOM Skin? Cause the ones I found, even they said it is for BOM arent working. Bought one yesterday, especially for BOM and this one created those adorable *puke* feet.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Wear-me-WoW-Skins-JADE-GIFT/21049178

ALWAYS DEMO BEFORE PURCHASING!!!!!!!  :D

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

@Adosin Hey Adosin, like others have said its due to your body skin not being made to fit the legacy body. While best option is to indeed find a skin that is made for Legacy, you can also try a toe/foot fix. This one from Izzie's is free .  It is modeled on a female foot but I think should it still work.  This one from Peng is advertised as unisex however, but does cost a little bit of Linden. Try the Izzie's one first though . I've used her stuff for years and she's great at fixes.

Edited by Laurel Aurelia
I can't write good.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

due to your body skin not being made to fit the legacy body. While best option is to indeed find a skin that is made for Legacy

I was wondering if that was it, but never even trying the Legacy body I didn't know.  That foot issue looks way different than the typical one that showed up with BOM was new (and on Maitreya).  Issy's foot fix DID fix that but since it looks like a mapping issue and Legacy feet are apparently not mapped  in accordance with the default map, it might not work. 

Best bet  for the OP is to ask in Legacy group who makes Legacy skins?   

@Chic Aeon I think the issue is wayyyy more egregious on male skins and Legacy. I've experienced it myself looking nearly as bad, but thankfully foot tattoos were  there to fix it while updated body skins were being made.  My current skin looks great on either body without having to use a tattoo layer on my feet now.  I mostly wear Legacy's perky body and fall back on Maitreya when i want to wear some of my older clothes.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the help, really appreciate it :)

For now I have applied one of the free fixes, which definitely improved it a lot. I will keep my eyes open for a Legacy Skin, however, I wasnt able to finde the one which is mentioned with the Body (on the add), so I will keep my eyes open for one.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, Adosin said:

Thank you all for the help, really appreciate it :)

For now I have applied one of the free fixes, which definitely improved it a lot. I will keep my eyes open for a Legacy Skin, however, I wasnt able to finde the one which is mentioned with the Body (on the add), so I will keep my eyes open for one.

You are in the store where it is ads for creators that makes BoM skins. Like Stray Dog.

Be aware that skins are not always sold as skins, but as tattoo layers. They are added on top of an ugly skin you will not show.

The tattoo layers are neck up, change your face when you buy another skin from the same creator. The neck if is the same. Or it is neck down, when you change from a hairless skin to body hair, or from fit to gym rat. This works only when you mix and match from the same skin store - and if the skins are not updated at some point, where older skins do not fit anymore.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gac_akina/49950901772/

"This is our third update for BOM layers! (Yay)

At this time, our entire 2018 collection got updated for BOM, along with a few best sellers from 2017. The rest of 2017 collection will be updated soon ♥"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.