Head halo

Jennivive Grumpypants

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It would be easier to tell what the issue might be if you had included an image .. But, I'm going to make a guess: it's your system hair, it has an alpha texture and it's large enough to protrude from your head.

1 hour ago, Jennavive Thespian said:

I just got this halo over my avatars head. All hair is transparent where the halo is.  I am not wearing an alpha. I removed everything and it is still there. I use firestorm viewer however it is still happening on SL viewer. What can I do?

This may help

On 12/16/2020 at 1:26 PM, Skell Dagger said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that you might have enabled BoM (Bakes on Mesh) on your head and are now seeing a big, poufy clear 'halo' shape cutting through your hair, or what looks like large chunks of your hair missing from certain angles. If this is correct, then that's caused by your brow-shaper and you can fix it by editing it.

In the stock Linden viewer, the brow-shaper inventory icon looks like a side-on profile -

basics_ll.jpg.10654ce22f0880253d53b08cf99b30ab.jpg

And in the Firestorm viewer it looks like a bent brown 'wig' -

basics_fs.jpg.32dad324c7f879a3cd55477ae92241f7.jpg

Whichever viewer you're using, right-click your avatar and select 'edit outfit'. Find that brow-shaper icon in your Wearing tab, and edit it. When the edit window pops up, go into the Style tab, and pull all the sliders to zero, then click Save on it. See this video for what you should be doing.

If that's not the issue, then please let us know what you're actually seeing.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.