You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's something that's been bothering me for a while, sometimes when i'm looking around with the Camera it changes mode or something and becomes very hard to move having to drag the mouse more, everything looks kind of flatter also the camera wont pass through walls and objects in this mode it's zooms into them instead, like it gets stuck on them. I don't know how to describe it or what to type into a search for a solution, so i included a short video where i tried to capture the effect (Switching between the two modes) I'm using Firestorm Viewer in case that's important, please let me know if there's a way to disable this mode, thank you

(Edit: Sorry about the poor image quality but the max file size allowed on here is really small, i had to keep shortening and compressing the video and convert it to Gif too. But i do think it's necessary because this is a visual problem)

20201231-165333.gif

• Like 1

Your view angle is changing as your camera position changes.

Something that I've noticed in the newest version of Firestorm (the EEP one) which I think is new is that when you change your view on the camera controls (from front to rear view, for instance) it changes your view angle to the default (which is 1.047), regardless of what it was set at before, and refocuses your camera on the same part of your avatar. It's actually annoying as hell, and I'm wondering if there is a fix for it.

Does that describe what you are doing here? Or is this yet another fiendish new and unwanted innovation in the viewer I haven't discovered yet?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Something that I've noticed in the newest version of Firestorm (the EEP one) which I think is new is that when you change your view on the camera controls (from front to rear view, for instance) it changes your view angle to the default (which is 1.047), regardless of what it was set at before, and refocuses your camera on the same part of your avatar. It's actually annoying as hell, and I'm wondering if there is a fix for it.

You should be able to adjust to what you want for front or rear or side view and then save it as a preset, choosing to replace one of the named presets with your preferred settings for that view.  Then when you change your view from front to rear, it should use the values you saved as a replacement for that view.

2 hours ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

It's something that's been bothering me for a while, sometimes when i'm looking around with the Camera it changes mode or something and becomes very hard to move having to drag the mouse more, everything looks kind of flatter also the camera wont pass through walls and objects in this mode it's zooms into them instead, like it gets stuck on them. I don't know how to describe it or what to type into a search for a solution, so i included a short video where i tried to capture the effect (Switching between the two modes) I'm using Firestorm Viewer in case that's important, please let me know if there's a way to disable this mode, thank you

(Edit: Sorry about the poor image quality but the max file size allowed on here is really small, i had to keep shortening and compressing the video and convert it to Gif too. But i do think it's necessary because this is a visual problem)

Does this only happen when you are sitting on something, or does it happen all the time?  I tried some moving around of the camera and was not able to replicate the type of change of view perspective that your video clip is indicating.  How are you triggering the camera movement?  Are you using one of the view presets (rear, side, front, etc)?  Are you holding down the alt key and then moving the camera with the mouse?  That was the closest way I got anything that might have resembled your camera movement, but my room is small, so I couldn't move the camera too far without going through the wall to the outside, and then I could no longer tell if the perspective was changing like yours did with looking at your couch. 

(There is a setting in preferences for allowing the camera to move without constraints through objects - you might want to doublecheck whether that is set or not.  I'm not sure which tab it is on in FS preferences, but it is on one of them).

• Thanks 2

I'm not sure if it happens on foot but i've only noticed it on furniture. It's when i look around with a combination of Shift, Ctl, Ald and Mouse (Click and Drag) and Esc to reset Camera. I'm not sure what you mean by Presets but i've not changed any settings so it would be the default to Firestorm Viewer. This usually happens in tight spaces or near walls zooming in (By rolling the mouse middle button/wheel) Anyway, i'll do what you said and check the Preferences, that might be it

6 hours ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

I'm not sure if it happens on foot but i've only noticed it on furniture. It's when i look around with a combination of Shift, Ctl, Ald and Mouse (Click and Drag) and Esc to reset Camera. I'm not sure what you mean by Presets but i've not changed any settings so it would be the default to Firestorm Viewer. This usually happens in tight spaces or near walls zooming in (By rolling the mouse middle button/wheel) Anyway, i'll do what you said and check the Preferences, that might be it

I usually don't worry too much about camera stuff when I'm sitting on something - it seems like furniture sits often have their own camera placement stuff, and sometimes the way the camera moves around when sitting on something is a little different than when your avatar is just standing.  It depends on the item being sat on, I think.  

Make sure you check the two things in preferences that Karly shows the image of in her post right above - those will help with when you're in tight places - though you might end up with the camera initially outside the house looking at the outside wall if you sit on something against the outside wall (that's what happens when I sit on my couch :) ).    

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.