DepressedAssassin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1. No.

2. No.

The 5 account rule goes back to soon after the beginning of time, but LL doesn't enforce it, and has never enforced it since I joined at the end of 2006. What may be programmatically enforced is 5 accounts per email address. I've no idea if you can have 5 accounts using the same email address but, if you can, I would guess that the enforcement of that is programmed.

Edited by Phil Deakins

As Phil says at one time you could have five "legal" avatars (one main and four alts if you look at it that way) and you paid $9.95 for each of the alts. Any other alts were "illegal" but there were plenty back then. They were thought of and talked about as the "no payment info on file alts" and there was a lot more stigma about being a "no payment info" avatar.    

LL dropped the extra fee after awhile but you were not able to have any more "legal" alts.  Then somewhere down the line (it's been many many years) the rule such as it was changed so that it was OK to have a "reasonable number of alts" (no definition what reasonable meant) as long as they all played nicely and didn't grief or bother anyone.   At one time that was stated in the knowledge base or official wiki or whatever but I think that idea was deleted -- again long ago.   

We know from comments here on the forums that some folks have had 26 or more accounts (not on the same email as that really isn't allowed).  So basically if you are making premium alts to save on land tier or need them for another purpose (like those 26 to have all the letters of the alphabet covered for lucky chairs / boards) LL doesn't care and really never has but you will need more than one email account (most likely).  

• Like 1

I currently have 17 accounts and 6 of them have the same email address, so I'd say the "5 per email address" isn't enforced either.  Unless they ignore that particular rule if you make them Premium.  While I currently only have 4 Premium accounts, 10 of them have been Premium at some time in their SLife  (though not all at once).

• Like 4

23 hours ago, DepressedAssassin said:

It states 5 accounts associated per one household pc so I have a few questions.

1. If I buy a second pc but using the same internet would that get me in trouble if I go past 5?

2. Is there a way I can pay LL for the right to more accounts if so, how?

Thanks.

No.  Using the same PC won't get you into trouble either. 

They don't enforce the "5 account rule" any more, unless you or one of your alts falls foul of some other part of the TOS. Using alts for spamming, or artificially inflating traffic, or for harassing other people, for example.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.