why do parcels have to be so much linden a quarter of the sim

LiamFangzDemorte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, LiamFangzDemorte said:

so expensive 5000l per 5000 prim wow thats expensive some other places like jusat over 3000l  how come this i dunno 7500 prim expensive too wanted a quarter sim meself yes waiting on one but not waiting ages offer i cannot say here 

The difference in price is because some landowners have various "sweetheart deals" with LL while others have to pay full price. Also, landowners from Europe and Australia have to pay VAT on top of their tier so it costs 25% more for us than for landowenrs from elsewhere int eh world.

The high general price level is because Linden Lab can charge that much. People have to pay them anyway if they want any SL land at all.

On 12/27/2020 at 10:29 AM, LiamFangzDemorte said:

so expensive 5000l per 5000 prim wow thats expensive some other places like jusat over 3000l  how come this i dunno 7500 prim expensive too wanted a quarter sim meself yes waiting on one but not waiting ages offer i cannot say here 

I have a 1/4 sim for rent for $4400L a week and if you are in the sky only, $3900L a week. With 10% monthly discount, that's US $63 a month and US $56 a month, respectively. Because of the bulk discount and group bonus, you can offer people lower rents. The point of renting is that you then don't have to pay those high prices 

People can set any price they like, but most people aren't going to go too much below the Linden prices -- because how can they then pay tier?

I had a competitor undercut my rent and steal away a customer but that was by putting a price that I don't think is sustainable (0.55/prim). I think you need at least 0.66/prim to pay the tier to Linden Lab, and you have to allow for times of non-occupancy plus buying content to spruce up the lot. I have 0.82/prim for waterfront and 0.70/prim for sky platforms.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 10:29 AM, LiamFangzDemorte said:

At $3000/wk, I don't think the landlord can stay in business unless they have some configuration where they get a store, for example, to pay more, then rent out residences. But some people do rent out lower than the cost of their own bill with LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.