Anual Premium Membership renewal discount Program?

foneco Zuzu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@LittleMe Jewellmentioned in another thread about the discounts

On 12/18/2020 at 10:37 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I did some accounts on each of the two special price prepays - one was in June 2019 and one was in Dec 2019. The one in June let us prepay at the old $72/yr rate before the new price of $99/yr took effect.  The one in Dec let us prepay at a rate of $89/yr - a 10% discount.   Thus two of my accounts now renew in early 2021 (March and April) and the other two renew in 2022 (March and June). 

I'd think they would have mentioned a discount by now for end of year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

I'd think they would have mentioned a discount by now for end of year.

^^ This.

The discounts that we got last year were the first discounts I ever remember seeing for "existing Premiums" and also the first time I had ever seen discounts offered for the Yearly plan.  

They have, and may again in the future, offered discounts on the Monthly and Quarterly signup for "new Premiums".  

In other words, the discounts last year were not normal and I'm not sure I'd expect to see anything like them again.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In other words, the discounts last year were not normal and I'm not sure I'd expect to see anything like them again.

Agree. The last discounts were a way of "grandfathering" existing Premium holders when they raised the price of a Premium account, basically allowing you to extend for an additional year at the old price (which I did with both of mine).

The only other times I've seen then do a "discount" it's been something like one month at half price, which is basically nothing.

Edited by Lewis Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.